Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla: Unleashed (Wii)

Post by GalacticPetey »

Those are awesome.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Wow, those are fantastic!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Agreed, these are excellent!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Has anyone seen this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUhRaTW ... OHcT-LwHAs
Lemme tell ya, this looks really damn cool!
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

Yep. It is out on Dolphin now. The Wii version (Which is the one I'm excited for) is coming out later this year.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Looks like the game finally won't suck with all this guys mods

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Post by G1G4N_27 »

I've played the Gojirex Modded version of this game and I think it's really cool. Definitely would recommend this version to friends.
Last edited by G1G4N_27 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So if I wanted to make my own texture mods for characters, what tools would I need?
I have Photoshop, but what about that MMD movie thing, where would I get that?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Ten years ago today, Godzilla: Unleashed was released for the Wii in the US. Anybody here remember the huge hype leading up to its release? The Atari forums were especially fun to look through in anticipation of its impending release. I remember all the rumors surrounding Hedorah's supposed secret inclusion in the game. Some people claimed that his copyright icon was hidden somewhere on the back cover, and that his unfinished wire-mesh skeleton was present on the Osaka level via glitch (apparently this is an actual glitch present in the game, but is sure as hell isn't Hedorah's skeleton!). By far one of the best part regarding the hype was the monster countdown/prediction list here on the main site. Anybody wanna take a trip down memory lane?

http://web.archive.org/web/200707041430 ... ters.htm#c

75% chance for Hedorah, what happened there, Simon? ;)

While it certainly has its fair share of flaws, to my ten-year-old self, Godzilla: Unleashed was the best thing to ever happen since sliced bread. And there's very little I'd change about that part of my childhood.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Ooh boy, I believe I got this game before Christmas, I didn't care, I just wanted to play!

I believe Showa Mechagodzilla was unlocked from the get go and loved playing as him. I think I barely remember my older brother voting for one of the four new monsters on the computer.

Godzilla Unleashed for Wii was a blast, if my Wii was plugged in, and I had a working nunchuk, I'd definitely go back and play a round!

Hard to believe I was in third grade or something, when Godzilla Unleashed hit shelves.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'm the debbie downer lol this game was a disappointment to me

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

I never got this game let alone a Wii lol but I was still damn excited for it as this was during the early stages of Godzilla's retirement, so this was pretty much the only new content we had to look forward to for a long time aside from quality dvds of the classic films. It's a shame it got rushed and ultimately not as well-received as it could've been.

Only more disappointed in the fact we STILL have not got a decent Godzilla game since then, Godzilla PS4 is a simulator at best that took more steps backwards than forward.
Kong better not touch my drumset!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

charliesheenkaiju wrote: Only more disappointed in the fact we STILL have not got a decent Godzilla game since then, Godzilla PS4 is a simulator at best that took more steps backwards than forward.
Well to be fair Godzilla PS4 isn't a fighting game, it's just that, a a simulator that simulates your favorite kaiju wrecking a city. Hopefully we get a new Godzilla game soon though. ;)

I do wish we had gotten Hedorah, Monster X, and Zilla though. Heck I would have thought bit was neat if Godzilla Unleashed was on Wii, PsS3 and Xbox 360, with at least two version exclusive monsters.

I ♡ Image

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

UltimateDitto wrote: Well to be fair Godzilla PS4 isn't a fighting game, it's just that, a a simulator that simulates your favorite kaiju wrecking a city. Hopefully we get a new Godzilla game soon though. ;)

I do wish we had gotten Hedorah, Monster X, and Zilla though. Heck I would have thought bit was neat if Godzilla Unleashed was on Wii, PsS3 and Xbox 360, with at least two version exclusive monsters.
True they're both different games in that respect. And seriously I think one fatal mistake in the development of Unleashed was making a PS2 version (??) and the DS game. The Wii version while buggy definitely had redeeming qualities that could've warranted DLC or release on other platforms like you mentioned. We'll see how the end of this decade plays out with 2 more major Godzilla films on the way that could carry hype for a new game.
Kong better not touch my drumset!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

How I would have done the rosters and stuff for each console. :D Not too different, but some change.

PS2:
- Same roster as original, but add Biollante and replace Obsidius with Fire Lion.(or whoever was the least voted on)
- keep rage to keep familiarity.

Xbox 360/ PS3
- same roster as Wii, replace Obsidius with Lighting Bug/ Visitor respectively. ( Third and second voted monsters)
- plus the Gargantuas Gaira and Sanda.

Wii
- same roster as original, keep Obsidius. (Most voted monster)
- add Zilla, Monster X, Gorosaurus, Battra.

I ♡ Image

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Ten years ago today, Godzilla: Unleashed was released for the Wii in the US. Anybody here remember the huge hype leading up to its release?...Anybody wanna take a trip down memory lane?
I bought a Sony PSP at the time, solely because a PSP version was advertised as coming out for the handheld console.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

G1985 wrote:
ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Ten years ago today, Godzilla: Unleashed was released for the Wii in the US. Anybody here remember the huge hype leading up to its release?...Anybody wanna take a trip down memory lane?
Oh, I remember checking the website that was set up to promote the game every single day, anxiously waiting to see what monster they would reveal next. I was completely floored when they revealed Biollante and King Caesar (tow of my favorite monsters)
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Ten years ago today, Godzilla: Unleashed was released for the Wii in the US. Anybody here remember the huge hype leading up to its release? The Atari forums were especially fun to look through in anticipation of its impending release. I remember all the rumors surrounding Hedorah's supposed secret inclusion in the game. Some people claimed that his copyright icon was hidden somewhere on the back cover, and that his unfinished wire-mesh skeleton was present on the Osaka level via glitch (apparently this is an actual glitch present in the game, but is sure as hell isn't Hedorah's skeleton!). By far one of the best part regarding the hype was the monster countdown/prediction list here on the main site. Anybody wanna take a trip down memory lane?

http://web.archive.org/web/200707041430 ... ters.htm#c

75% chance for Hedorah, what happened there, Simon? ;)

While it certainly has its fair share of flaws, to my ten-year-old self, Godzilla: Unleashed was the best thing to ever happen since sliced bread. And there's very little I'd change about that part of my childhood.
It was rewarding but in some ways the least fun project I've ever done for TK.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Man, that whole confirmed and unconfirmed list really takes me back.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I remember checking that list religiously prior to the game coming out. I remember it having more kaiju in the unconfirmed section however