Monster Toy Spotlight #55: The Gargantuas

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Monster Toy Spotlight #55: The Gargantuas

Post by Rody »

I trust ebirahsmeg1 won't mind if I take the initiative here - how 'bout a new spotlight thread? Been a little while.

I think it's an apt time for the two Frankenstein spawn with the above figures out now (Bandai Premium). Post away!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #55: The Gargantuas

Post by Godzillian »

Absolutely amazing sculpts. They blow the y-msf gargantuas out of the water.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

WOW they look great. I sadly have no representations of The Gargantuas in my collection.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

:)

Gaira was my favorite of the brothers. So I will start with him. If there is time later I will come back and post Sanda.

X-Plus Gaira polyester resin kit statue released in 1998. Sculpted by Toshinobu Takagaki. Comes with a base that connects to the Sanda base. The original retail price was 10,000円.

Packaging.

Beautiful detail in this sculpt.

This one is X-Plus first pre-painted Gaira released in July 2008. Original price was 16,800円. Sanda was sold seperately.

The packaging for this pre-painted version is shown in the top right corner which is the green box. The bottom 2 boxes were the first release as unpainted vinyl kits in November 2007 and each individually priced at 6,800円.

The ones in the bubble packaging are the Diamond PX release.

PX Gaira version

Packaging for PX release.

Aoshima Skynet Gaira. This figure stands approximately 20 inches in height. Released November 2007. Original retail price 21,300円.

Sides of the package

CAST. You are looking at the Deluxe version. The standard had a small street for the base. This deluxe version came with a larger base and Marunouchi building with 3 tanks and a military jeep. Released August 2013. Original price for standard version is 3,500円 and for Deluxe version 7,000円.

*All pictures are by me.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Splendid stuff there, Kaiju no Mura! That CAST diorama is particularly cool-looking.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Maritonic wrote:WOW they look great. I sadly have no representations of The Gargantuas in my collection.
I do NOW, thanks to Bandai Premium... :D