How big do you want the Anime Godzilla to be?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

How big?

Around 50 meters.
11%
Around 80 meters.
12%
Around 100 meters.
33%
Little bigger than Shin.
12%
200 meters.
10%
Mountain sized.
22%

Total votes: 73

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: How big do you want Godzilla to be?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:I want Godzilla to be big and for the people to be smaller.
So you want everyone to be midgets?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gerdzerl wrote:I'm still hoping for a 121.92 meter (400 foot) height just we can finally have an incarnation that actually lives up that misconception. It feels like the next logical step after having green Toho Godzillas' with orange atomic rays.
Ditto'ed.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:I'm still hoping for a 121.92 meter (400 foot) height just we can finally have an incarnation that actually lives up that misconception. It feels like the next logical step after having green Toho Godzillas' with orange atomic rays.
Ditto'ed.
Was hoping for this with shin, now want it with MP Goji.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

7 feet tall at the max
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Let's make him 180 - 200 meters. It's an anime, he can be as big as he wants.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I still think it's silly that some think a 100 meter+ Godzilla couldn't interact well that with a human, given Cronos interacted with Kratos just fine in God of War 3:

For comparison, here's an approximation of what Heisei Godzilla's head and hand would look like scaled next to a 177.8 centimeter (5 foot, 10 inch) tall man:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The Evas in Evangelion were scaled 40-200 meters in their Anime So I won't be suprised it we get a 600-700 foot Godzilla.

400-625 feet is good for me.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Let's make him 180 - 200 meters. It's an anime, he can be as big as he wants.

I agree 100% I'd love to see a Gojira THAT BIG! if done properly, a 200 meter tall Gojira would be the undisputed King of the Gojiras!
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I think Godzilla should be the monster planet
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Baranguirus
Yojimbo

Post by Baranguirus »

I think it would be interesting to return to the traditional 50 meters; he may look smaller than the giant skyscrapers, but I feel like there would be more proximity with the humans.
More rubber suits, less CGI

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Baranguirus wrote:I think it would be interesting to return to the traditional 50 meters; he may look smaller than the giant skyscrapers, but I feel like there would be more proximity with the humans.
I wanted that too but its not gonna happen sincs he's been confirmed to be the biggest Godzilla yet.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Baranguirus
Yojimbo

Post by Baranguirus »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Baranguirus wrote:I think it would be interesting to return to the traditional 50 meters; he may look smaller than the giant skyscrapers, but I feel like there would be more proximity with the humans.
I wanted that too but its not gonna happen sincs he's been confirmed to be the biggest Godzilla yet.
(sigh) I get really tired with creative teams, sometimes. Everything has to be bigger and stronger and super-duper and shit. It's like two little boys playing with their action figures:
- My one's bigger than the Empire State Building!
- My one's taller than Mount Everest!
- My one's the size of The Milky Way!

In the end, audiences will be bored and de-sensitized to the ridiculous size of the monsters, or at least that's what I believe.
More rubber suits, less CGI

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Considering Godzilla supposedly took over the ecosystem on Earth after 20,000 years, his immense size is less of a show-off move and more relevant to the plot.

The Kongfather
Yojimbo

Post by The Kongfather »

It certainly couldn't sustain itself for multiple films, but I like the idea of a mountain sized Godzilla. I love Godzilla as a titan, and could see a film revolving around him getting so big that his very presence becomes and ecological threat, even when he's not trampling cities. Imagine a behemoth Godzilla that was never meant to be supported by Earth, altering the atmosphere and causing ecological changes.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

The Kongfather wrote:It certainly couldn't sustain itself for multiple films, but I like the idea of a mountain sized Godzilla. I love Godzilla as a titan, and could see a film revolving around him getting so big that his very presence becomes and ecological threat, even when he's not trampling cities. Imagine a behemoth Godzilla that was never meant to be supported by Earth, altering the atmosphere and causing ecological changes.
Since mountains vary in height greatly, how tall would you like for him to be if they do make him literally as tall as a mountain?

According to this, the minimum height for a mountain is about 609.6 meters (2,000 feet).

The tallest mountain on Earth, Mount Everest, stands about ~8,848 meters (~29,029 feet).

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Stupid big please.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Living Corpse wrote:Stupid big please.
So like what? 1,000 meters? 2,000 meters? 5,000 meters? 10,000 meters? 20,000 meters?

900 - 1,000 meters would be cool since that'd make him just a little bit taller than the Burj Khalifa.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gerdzerl wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Stupid big please.
So like what? 1,000 meters? 2,000 meters? 5,000 meters? 10,000 meters? 20,000 meters?

900 - 1,000 meters would be cool since that'd make him just a little bit taller than the Burj Khalifa.
180 - 200 meters is fine.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Godzilla seems to gradually increase with the world around him and that of the viewer. Being Monster planet takes place far into the future, a Godzilla who is 600+ feet tall makes sense for the movie but not for the viewer. I'm interested to see how big he'll actually be.
Last edited by scottzilla on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Jimpluff is reporting, on http://www.jimpluff.tumblr.com, that according to trading cards included with Bandai WAFERS, this Godzilla, at least at some point (we don't know how it might change), is 50 meters tall and 10,000 tons FAT.

XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle