Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Are you excited?

Yes!
86%
Meh
11%
No thank you
3%

Total votes: 316

UltramanGoji

Re: Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:#1406. Jordan Rees, who composed the music for the TV trailers, went uncredited for his role in Skull Island. But he confirms his involvement on his own official website.

http://www.jordanrees.com/
Don't think you need to continue this anymore
I agree.

If you must, why not keep a Pastebin or Google Drive document and constantly update that instead? Almost none of these are ever really discussed here and 90% of the time it's because they're extremely irrelevant. No offense, but I don't think the majority at hand really care that KSI had the same catering guy as Blade Runner 2049 or whatever.

And then of course you have posts like this that end up being made because there's no discussion going on which is a fucking nightmare for people on mobile to navigate.

I think most of us appreciate the effort but I think it's time to concede.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

#1411.

cg supervisor Dominic Drane (Godzilla, The Dark Knight Rises, Mother!) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4920044/

compositor Nishant Narang (Pacific Rim: Uprising, Beauty and the Beast, both new TMNTs) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6297714/

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

lol guess it’s about time I delete my subscription to this thread
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

#1416. I legitimately don't know how the legendary Dykstra was missed here.

2-time Oscar winning visual effects supervisor John Dykstra (Godzilla, 2 Spidermans, Star Wars: A New Hope) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004375/

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Hey, wait a minute! Didn't we take bets on Randa's death? Some of you skreeonkers owe me dinero!
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

TheSecondComing wrote:That's a very different movie.

https://twitter.com/Vogtberts/status/925842690557673472

:shock:
SpaceG92 wrote:

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

TheSecondComing wrote:That's a very different movie.

https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/ ... 0557673472

No objections here.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Director Vogt-Roberts has been accused of sexual harassment.
https://exclaim.ca/film/article/adult_f ... edctwitter
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Director Vogt-Roberts has been accused of sexual harassment.
https://exclaim.ca/film/article/adult_f ... edctwitter
Goddamn. That shit sucks.

Going to keep an innocent until proven guilty mindset, but with the shitter hollywood has been in so far i would not be surprised at all.

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Same, until more info comes to light, I'm going to have the same mindset about all this.

Damn, I just hope Mike is clean lol. We really don't need this kind of controversy leading up to release
Last edited by dillonking55 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Why!? Why!? Of all the hundreds if not thousands of directors or actors why did it have to be Mr. Vogt-Roberts of all people! :(

Know what skreeonk it. If this continues with people I like being exposed I'm just gonna go with the whole separate the art from the artist otherwise I might as well stop watching all media as a whole.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

A kiss? Like on the cheek? Passionately on the lips? Is it even true? So many questions.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Even if it is true. I think this is tame compared to say someone like Victor Salva who was a skreeonking child molester, still very unnecessary and not happy with him assuming its true. I'm not going to let this ruin my enjoyment towards Kong: Skull Island and as long as Mr. Vogt-Roberts acknowledges his mistake and apologizes, I'll be cool with that as long as it doesn't happen again.

Something like this I could live with and continue watching movies on but someone like Victor Salva, not so much...

Anyways same with Sensei. I'll stick to the "Innocent until proven guilty" mind until further notice.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at ALL. The guy seemed like a real asshole to me.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

"He leaned in for a kiss. I said “no thank you” he replied “don’t make this weird” and kissed me anyway"

If that happened on a set, I'd agree that's harassment, but you went out together, that's just a bad date. I'm sick of this bandwagon BS, all these women didn't say anything before a couple big names got spotlight and now Hollywood's being turned into Rapistwood. Not condoning poor behavior, but there's something off putting when something like 40 years of allegations are suddenly coming out only when it's become "the thing to do".

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GFAN198423 wrote:"He leaned in for a kiss. I said “no thank you” he replied “don’t make this weird” and kissed me anyway"

If that happened on a set, I'd agree that's harassment, but you went out together, that's just a bad date. I'm sick of this bandwagon BS, all these women didn't say anything before a couple big names got spotlight and now Hollywood's being turned into Rapistwood. Not condoning poor behavior, but there's something off putting when something like 40 years of allegations are suddenly coming out only when it's become "the thing to do".
Dana from what I recall too is a feminist, so there's that.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

dillonking55 wrote:Same, until more info comes to light, I'm going to have the same mindset about all this.

Damn, I just hope Mike is clean lol. We really don't need this kind of controversy leading up to release
Mike seems like such a genuine and likeable guy. This kind of shitshow leading-up to Godzilla 2's release would only be part of it: I would also die a little bit inside because he seems like such a great guy.
Maritonic wrote:Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at ALL. The guy seemed like a real asshole to me.
Lol. I lowkey agree, well kind of. He wasn't Paul Feig or James Gunn levels (the former blatantly called haters of Ghostbusters 2016 sexist idiots and the latter basically acts like a child who doesn't want anybody else to play with his toys in regards to the Guardians of the Galaxy and the MCU), but I do sense where you're coming from.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maritonic wrote:Honestly, this doesn't surprise me at ALL. The guy seemed like a real asshole to me.
Agree. He seems like a real cunt. I've read some of his Twitter exploits. He once confronted some guy on a plane about the websites he was visiting. A moving object at 30,000 feet isn't the place to start drama.
SpaceG92 wrote:

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Godzilla21 wrote:He once confronted some guy on a plane about the websites he was visiting. A moving object at 30,000 feet isn't the place to start drama.
Literally not even in the ballpark of what happened. Good god almighty.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"