GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by G1G4N_27 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Eh, if it doesn't get an official release it'll get a fan translation down the line. I wouldn't worry or overthink it to much.
Yeah, I mean, it only took like, what, 10 years to get a fan translation of Mother 3...
Hey, if it does take a decade to get a translation of this book, I'll still buy it.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

G1G4N_27 wrote:
Yeah, I mean, it only took like, what, 10 years to get a fan translation of Mother 3...
Hey, if it does take a decade to get a translation of this book, I'll still buy it.
That's a dedicated fan right here ;)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G1G4N_27 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Eh, if it doesn't get an official release it'll get a fan translation down the line. I wouldn't worry or overthink it to much.
Mother 3 is a video game, this is a novel. It's probably way easier to translate as you don't have to edit game files.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Book came in! And it sports quite the roster. I won't really get into timeline details since it jumps all over with the different character perspectives, but I'll have some of the more interesting stuff listed below.
Spoiler:
Kamacuras
Kumonga
Dogora
Hedorah
Gabara
Dagahra and Barem
Orga
Megalon
Gezora
Kamoebas
Ganimes
Giant Octopus
Manda
Anguirus, Varan, Baragon (appear together in a cute reference to the unmade movie)
Maguma
Megaguirus
Rodan
Goten and two other ships (震天 and 驚天, Shinten and Kyoten?)
Satsuma equipped with the D-03
Biollante
G-Force
Space Titanium
Type-38 Mobile Combat Uniform Jaguar J (Jet Jaguar reference)
Super-X
Super-X2
Underground Combat Vehicle Moguera
Zilla
Gorosaurus
G-HED (Gunhed)
グリホン (either Latitude Zero's Griffon, or Jan de Bont's Gryphon; I've seen Japanese readers cite both... the text mentions there being a "group" of them, and talks of eradicating them early so they don't reproduce. Probably the former, though)
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Book came in! And it sports quite the roster. I won't really get into timeline details since it jumps all over with the different character perspectives, but I'll have some of the more interesting stuff listed below.
Spoiler:
Kamacuras
Dogora
Hedorah
Gabara
Dagahra and Barem
Orga
Megalon
Gezora
Kameobas
Ganimes
Manda
Anguirus, Varan, Baragon (appear together in a cute reference to the unmade movie)
Maguma
Megaguirus
Biollante
G-Force
Space Titanium
Super-X
Super-X2
Zilla
Gorosaurus
グリホン (either Latitude Zero's Griffon, or Jan de Bont's Gryphon; I've seen Japanese readers cite both... the text mentions there being a "group" of them, and talks of eradicating them early so they don't reproduce)
HOLY SKREEONK DID YOU SAY GABARA!?!?!

Sorry for the size but, ..........it's the sign of the..... apocalypse ;)

That list is a G-Fan's dream, sadly im sure most of them won't appear the films. Thanks for sharing!
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

GigaBowserG wrote:Book came in! And it sports quite the roster. I won't really get into timeline details since it jumps all over with the different character perspectives, but I'll have some of the more interesting stuff listed below.
What does the cover look like?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So Gryphon is back and all these Godzilla clones with no Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Spoiler:
Kamacuras
Dogora
Hedorah
Gabara
Dagahra and Barem
Orga
Megalon
Gezora
Kameobas
Ganimes
Manda
Maguma
Megaguirus
Biollante
G-Force
Space Titanium
Super-X
Super-X2
Zilla
Gorosaurus
グリホン (either Latitude Zero's Griffon, or Jan de Bont's Gryphon; I've seen Japanese readers cite both... the text mentions there being a "group" of them, and talks of eradicating them early so they don't reproduce. Probably the former, though)
Buy my asparagus, that's a sweet list.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Wow... That's a large roster of kaiju and popular ships.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:Wow... That's a large roster of kaiju and popular ships.
Speaking of ships, there're also the ships named "Fifth Yahata-Maru" (from The Return of Godzilla), "Second Kobayashi-Maru" (from G1998), and "Glory Issue, Fifth Eiko-Maru" (mix of Shin/G1954).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Wow a lot of these monsters were unexpected.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

And this book will likely never get translated or released overseas. Damn.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

With a list like that I wonder how much of the book is set on Earth after the generation ships have already left.
. . .

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Missed one, there's also something called "G-HED", an obvious reference to "Gunhed".
/crawls back under rock

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Our saviour has returned to us!

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

More info posted on facebook:
Spoiler:
1. Hedorah was a bio-engineered weapon created to fight monsters, and successfully thwarted attacks by Rodan and Anguirus, but went rogue soon after and destroyed Beijing.
2. Kamoebas appears as a corpse again.
3. The narrator who encountered Gabara was named Ichiro.
4. Megalon destroyed East Africa, Orga attacked refugee camps in Turkey, and Biollante fought against mankind in Normandy.
But yeah, it’s AWESOME to have Gabara actually exist for once!
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Shame about
Spoiler:
Zilla being in the novel. Yuck
besides that it sounds interesting.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Shame about
Spoiler:
Zilla being in the novel. Yuck
besides that it sounds interesting.
I'll be honest and say that I'd like for him to be brought into an animated film.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

It's odd to me that there's all these extra kaiju in this novel but they're not mentioned on the official sites timeline of events.
Last edited by Cookson on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:It's odd to me that there's all these extra kaiju in this novel but they're not mentioned on the official sites timeline of events.
Probably because their roles were minor? Orga, Dogora and the like caused pretty heavy casualties and devastation wherever they went, whereas the likes of Zilla and Gorosaurus were stopped in their countries of origin. I'm still wondering about SpaceGodzilla, he wasn't on the timeline, and I don't believe I've seen him named in the book yet.
/crawls back under rock