The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-4)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So the JP3 Spinosaurus is now apparently confirmed as a hybrid. Makes a lot of sense if you ask me. Would explain why it wasn't counted on Ingen's list.
If I had to guess what it was a hybrid of. It is Suchomimus/Baryonyx/Irritator (Head), Ouranosaurus (Sail), Crocodile (Either Nile or Saltie, maybe perhaps even both) and T-Rex. The latter two would definitely make sense why it won against the Rex it fought especially when it comes to bite force.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Added in 58 minutes 24 seconds:
So the JP3 Spinosaurus is now apparently confirmed as a hybrid. Makes a lot of sense if you ask me. Would explain why it wasn't counted on Ingen's list.

I always thought Spinosaurus was a hybrid since it's release regardless of confirmation. That thing was way to territorial, and had a personal vendetta against the human's stalking them throughout the island, it was basically Jason without his machete. Plus before ''Jurassic World's'' release they released private emails fro Dr Wu which stated his little accident that was left on Site B which basically confirmed it to be Spinosaurus. Some assume to was the male raptors with feathers but he said ''accident'' not accidents.

Now that's it's confirmed Spinosaurus to be a hybrid, gives me little less issue with how it manhandled the sub adult T-Rex.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

What source has confirmed the hybrid Spinosaurus?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:What source has confirmed the hybrid Spinosaurus?
As far as I've seen, none that date to the time of the movie's development/production/release, and thus none that are actually relevant to the movie, only to ret-con from the perspective of subsequent sequels.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Technically, We knew the spinosaurus was a "hybrid" from the first time we saw it. All the animals in jurassic park are. It's just a amtter of the level of hybridization.

Plus, it was inaccurate even for a spinosaurus at it's time, what with the double crested head, lack of fishing notch, pronated hands, dish instead of extended sail, and all around proportions.

So really, the question is whether or not it can actually be considered a spinosaurus.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

What's the source of "JP3 spino confirmed as a hybrid"?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

This guy covers the entire "Spinosaur is a Hybrid" pretty well, he even sites the source this idea came from and
NOTE: THE IDEA ISN'T 100% CONFIRMED CANON
Last edited by Godzillian on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

A bigger question regarding all of the dinosaurs on the island would be: can any of them actually be considered, "dinosaurs"?

#BotM

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

That's an easy answer: no.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla165 wrote:A bigger question regarding all of the dinosaurs on the island would be: can any of them actually be considered, "dinosaurs"?
They're not, Woo says it in no uncertain terms in Jurassic World. They're based on Dinosaurs and have them as their genetic templates but they are engineered to be what people think dinosaurs are. Grant also says in JP3 that they aren't real dinosaurs adding to it.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Godzillian wrote:Woo
And to think i've been spelling it WU all this time... :P
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Woo
And to think i've been spelling it WU all this time... :P
This somehow upsets my childhood.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Our very first piece of Fallen Kingdom footage. Guess this means the trailer is incoming.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/stat ... 5446729733
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Our very first piece of Fallen Kingdom footage. Guess this means the trailer is incoming.

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/stat ... 5446729733
The CGI has improved, thank goodness.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

BABY BLUE AND OWEN!!!!!

Can't wait to see Blue again! Best Raptor of the series and of course the Original T-Rex kicking ass again! Trailer dropping before the release of The Last Jedi!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Isn't the first trailer set to debut today?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

TyrantGojira wrote:Isn't the first trailer set to debut today?
Not that I'm aware of.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I'm not actually too interested in his yet. Ik there gonna take a twist or spin an angle on this film that'll make me. Same happened wit JW. Didn't Even care until I found out about dino and how they trained raptors.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'm looking forward to the trailer, since they've revealed so little about what JW:FK will even be about. I enjoyed Jurassic World and appreciated it taking the original film's premise to its logical conclusion, but I think most of us agree that the theme park angle has now been thoroughly explored - it's time to move on from the islands and try something new. Even if it looks good (and I'm sure it will), I'll be disappointed if the film is set largely on Isla Nublar or Isla Sorna again.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Which is more exciting, JW:FK or Jurassic World: Evolution?