Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Malchik
EDF Instructor

Re: Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

Post by Malchik »

Visually this looks like any typical modern anime, digital ink, muted pastel colors, soft line-work, computer generated environment, etc.

I don't feel like I have any real investment in this movie.
Last edited by Malchik on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Malchik wrote:Visually this looks like any typical modern anime, digital ink, muted pastel colors, soft line-work, computer generated environment, etc.

I don't feel like I have any real investment in this movie.
Here's to hoping there's some iconic visual imagery somewhere in the film. It would be nice... but seems pretty bland right now.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm still worried that some crazy time travel plot will be introduced in one of the films.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I'm still worried that some crazy time travel plot will be introduced in one of the films.
Well the main character was a kid when Godzilla took over, and Godzilla has taken over for 20,000 years. So gathering what we can from that I think we'll have something similar to time travel, but it's actually where the characters are in a cryogenic sleep then are awoken by the machines and have to find a planet to inhabit asap.
Image Image

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

So Godzilla is, like, a sentient overlord in this film?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

In humanity's absence the earth's ecosystem begins to revolve around Godzilla, or something to that effect. He's hinted at being, or becoming, a plant based organism, like an elemental.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I hope it's not especially 'preachy' - which is a tough negative to avoid, especially based on what we know of the plot so far (as well as concerning Godzilla's metaphors in general). I'm cautiously optimistic overall; though there's not a lot I'm sold on with the movie, I'm also not ruling out that it could surprise me.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Malchik wrote:So Godzilla is, like, a sentient overlord in this film?
All your planet is belong to him.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Not so much a worry, more of a question. Is this getting a dub, and will said dub be appearing on Netflix as well? I assumed when it's released, it'll be subbed, but does anyone know if we'll receive a dub too at some point?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Not so much a worry, more of a question. Is this getting a dub, and will said dub be appearing on Netflix as well? I assumed when it's released, it'll be subbed, but does anyone know if we'll receive a dub too at some point?
I'm hoping we get a dub. Dubs are great, very underrated.
Image Image

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

The roar may be reused like they did with shin godzilla.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Not so much a worry, more of a question. Is this getting a dub, and will said dub be appearing on Netflix as well? I assumed when it's released, it'll be subbed, but does anyone know if we'll receive a dub too at some point?
Netflix version will probably be subbed. Maybe they'll have an option for dub down the line, that would be nice
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I am worried now that their will only be 2 kaiju the whole film and that the Servum is going to a Gyaos like creature.
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

OGMechaMothra wrote:I am worried now that their will only be 2 kaiju the whole film and that the Servum is going to a Gyaos like creature.
Pretty sure they confirmed other Kaiju will be returning, so don’t just expect Servum and Goji.

Resized Image

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

CyberZilla wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:I am worried now that their will only be 2 kaiju the whole film and that the Servum is going to a Gyaos like creature.
Pretty sure they confirmed other Kaiju will be returning, so don’t just expect Servum and Goji.
They might not show them in the first film.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

OGMechaMothra wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:
I'm like 99.999% sure that they will, especially due to the fact that (as far as I know) they're not pulling a Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs Kong side-by-side production thing. I don't think the second movie is currently being made as the first one is, they wouldn't reveal all these monsters and say it's for the second or third film when we haven't even gotten the first film yet.

Here's my worry for the film, well I have two worries. One is that Godzilla will b the biggest monster, which to me sounds like a terrible thing, and two, Servum will be a little pest as big as Godzilla's finger and not a full kaiju.
Image Image

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

KingKong2005 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
CyberZilla wrote: Pretty sure they confirmed other Kaiju will be returning, so don’t just expect Servum and Goji.
I'm like 99.999% sure that they will, especially due to the fact that (as far as I know) they're not pulling a Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs Kong side-by-side production thing. I don't think the second movie is currently being made as the first one is, they wouldn't reveal all these monsters and say it's for the second or third film when we haven't even gotten the first film yet.

Here's my worry for the film, well I have two worries. One is that Godzilla will b the biggest monster, which to me sounds like a terrible thing, and two, Servum will be a little pest as big as Godzilla's finger and not a full kaiju.
My understanding is they are doing them all at once since we get 2 of them next year.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The fact that Godzilla’s a plant now has pretty much killed it for me...

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LegendZilla wrote:The fact that Godzilla’s a plant now has pretty much killed it for me...
May I inquire why?

Resized Image

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

LegendZilla wrote:The fact that Godzilla’s a plant now has pretty much killed it for me...
He's been so many other things that I don't understand why people have such a problem with this.