GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by GigaBowserG »

A tie-in novel to the upcoming anime movie. It will describe just what went down on Earth in the form of testimonials from soldiers, scientists, citizens, etc. and will lead directly into the events of Monster Planet. It will be seeing a release October 25th.

https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_ANIME/stat ... 3963268096

Known roster
Kamacuras
Kumonga
Dogora
Hedorah
Gabara
Dagahra and Barem
Orga
Megalon
Gezora
Kamoebas
Ganimes
Giant Octopus
Manda
Anguirus, Varan, Baragon (appear together in a cute reference to the unmade movie)
Maguma
Megaguirus
Rodan
Goten and two other ships (震天 and 驚天, Shinten and Kyoten?)
Satsuma equipped with the D-03
Biollante
G-Force
Space Titanium
Type-38 Mobile Combat Uniform Jaguar J (Jet Jaguar reference)
Super-X
Super-X2
Underground Combat Vehicle Moguera
Zilla
Gorosaurus
G-HED (Gunhed)
Griffon (Latitude Zero)
Ebirah
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Hoping it gets translated some time down the line, but I doubt it will.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Damn, this would have been cool to read. They're really going into a long deep story with this one.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

The fact that this book probably won't be released over here just gives me even more of an incentive to learn Japanese so that I can translate it myself. I don't mind if it takes a lot of time and energy to do so, it'd be totally worth it. :D

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

If it get's translated, I'm buying it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Would love to have this, especially because of the other kaiju getting the spotlight.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I wonder if Dogora will be destructive this time, than just being a wacky inflatable man that you see in car dealerships.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I wonder if Dogora will be destructive this time, than just being a wacky inflatable man that you see in car dealerships.
[]http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... gif-14.gif[/]
According to some promotional material discussing the film's timeline, there were 3.9 million casualties as a result of Dogora's rampage in London.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I keep wanting to get this but it's beyond pointless. They should have done a graphic novel. At least we could see what happened visually, and they definitely would have gotten more sales.

Are novels more popular than graphic novels in Japan? If so I can see why. Just sucks were missing out on a tie in product directly related to the movie.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

How common is it for Japanese novels to get translated?
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Cookson wrote:I keep wanting to get this but it's beyond pointless. They should have done a graphic novel. At least we could see what happened visually, and they definitely would have gotten more sales.

Are novels more popular than graphic novels in Japan? If so I can see why. Just sucks were missing out on a tie in product directly related to the movie.
Yeah, because otherwise a graphic novel would make so much more sense. Like, if it's an anime then the tie-in should be manga? That just seems intuitive to me.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

GigaBowserG wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:I wonder if Dogora will be destructive this time, than just being a wacky inflatable man that you see in car dealerships.
[]http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... gif-14.gif[/]
According to some promotional material discussing the film's timeline, there were 3.9 million casualties as a result of Dogora's rampage in London.
Jesus! X_X
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Cookson wrote:I keep wanting to get this but it's beyond pointless. They should have done a graphic novel. At least we could see what happened visually, and they definitely would have gotten more sales.

Yeah, because otherwise a graphic novel would make so much more sense. Like, if it's an anime then the tie-in should be manga? That just seems intuitive to me.
It would give a visual of events for fans outside of Japan. I think Mangas are much more popular than novels anyway... So yes, it would make sense.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Hoping it gets translated some time down the line, but I doubt it will.
Ya never know... :huge:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Novel, graphic novel, manga, I just want it. Even if it never gets translated I'll still buy it just to have it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:Novel, graphic novel, manga, I just want it. Even if it never gets translated I'll still buy it just to have it.
Uh, I wouldn't go THAT far. If it's not in English, I have no USE for it... :(

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

Oh man, I want it even if there's no practical use. I don't want to say I'd learn Japanese to read this, but...

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I think we have a chance to get this stateside. Afterall this film is going to a US based streaming site. You have to try to market it in the US.. unless they don't care about US performance. Lol.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Tyrant28 wrote:How common is it for Japanese novels to get translated?
Not sure, but as it was pointed out to me, the Attack on Titan movie novelization got translated of all things, so it's a possibility.
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Eh, if it doesn't get an official release it'll get a fan translation down the line. I wouldn't worry or overthink it to much.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.