ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by GreenScar »

Liked the new episode but I don't like how much focus is being put on Zero. Really want some proper Riku development. I expect we'll get some when Belial gets more attention.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

The new episode was ok. Not the usual, "next kaiju shows up and let's punch it to death" formula, which is ok. Glad to see Riku get some more focus, even if it was through his sister.

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

https://hlj.com/product/BANN20899/Sci

King Galactron is getting a figure which means he's most likely going to appear on screen in Geed.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

The more I remind myself of those William Winckler dubs, the more I hope that Tsuburaya one day gains the budget and/or clarity to hire the voice director of the Gundam Thunderbolt dub or One Punch Mam to take care of their TV shows or films.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

So does TOKU have any of the shows up.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

GodEmperorGabara
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post by GodEmperorGabara »

Gothicserpent wrote:So does TOKU have any of the shows up.
They have 80, Neos, and I think they're adding a few more in the near future.
Last edited by GodEmperorGabara on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I hate you eternally now Derzerb, I hope you know this.
<3

Made a Discord server, feel free to message me if you're interested.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

11 is probably Kiyotaka Taguchi's lucky number.
Spoiler:
Also, I dig on the idea of Riku being a manufactured conduit for Kei (and, by extension, Belial) to nab the capsules and for Riku attempting to defy his programming.
Last edited by Millenial88 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Best episode yet! Finally some development for Riku and an explanation of his origin. Also, really glad I got my order in for the Pedanium Zetton DX because he was awesome.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Been thinking a while now, with the return of Zandrias in this series, what are some other older, obscure kaiju you hope to see return one day? My top 10 hopes...

10. Bogun (Ultraman Great)
9. Gudis (Ultraman Great)

I'd love to see Gudis come back in a two parter and become a legit threat, spawning Bogun in the process. Maybe several of them?

8. Barabas (Ultraman Ace)

Rather surprised we haven't seen him given the love Tsubyraya has for Tyrant.

7. Red & Black Gillas (Ultraman Leo)
6. Sabotendar (Ultraman Ace)
5. Kingsaurus the 3rd (Ultraman Jack)
4. Geronimon (Original Ultraman)

Another surprise. Was expecting Geronimon to make a return ever since Max. No such luck though... :(

3. Gabora (Original Ultraman)

Got the suit that started with Geronga back in Max and has since become Neronga and Magura. Can we please see Gabora again soon?

2. Silver Bloome (Ultraman Leo)
1. Astromons (Ultraman Taro)

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

MM Raids Again wrote:Been thinking a while now, with the return of Zandrias in this series, what are some other older, obscure kaiju you hope to see return one day? My top 10 hopes...

10. Bogun (Ultraman Great)
9. Gudis (Ultraman Great)

I'd love to see Gudis come back in a two parter and become a legit threat, spawning Bogun in the process. Maybe several of them?

8. Barabas (Ultraman Ace)

Rather surprised we haven't seen him given the love Tsubyraya has for Tyrant.

7. Red & Black Gillas (Ultraman Leo)
6. Sabotendar (Ultraman Ace)
5. Kingsaurus the 3rd (Ultraman Jack)
4. Geronimon (Original Ultraman)

Another surprise. Was expecting Geronimon to make a return ever since Max. No such luck though... :(

3. Gabora (Original Ultraman)

Got the suit that started with Geronga back in Max and has since become Neronga and Magura. Can we please see Gabora again soon?

2. Silver Bloome (Ultraman Leo)
1. Astromons (Ultraman Taro)
Hmm... After looking through mine are-

10. Mega Flash (Ultraman Nexus)

9. Melba (Ultraman Tiga)

8. C.O.V. (Ultraman Gaia)

7. Wanigodon (Ultraman Joneus/The Ultraman)

6. Makdatar (Ultraman Joneus/The Ultraman)

5. Jamila (Original Ultraman)

4. Gamakujira (Original Ultraman)

3. Mukadender (Ultraman Taro)

2. Medan (Ultraman 80)

1. Lagoras (Ultraman Max)

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

It's weird that Geronimon is one of those monsters everybody knows of and he even appears in every toyline (except the 5" so far) yet he never made it into any series/movie after 1966.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Seeing how much Tsuburaya loves this guy, I'm really surprised they haven't brought Takkong back at all. IIRC, he was originally supposed to appear in Ultraman Saga, but was ultimately replaced with Gubira. But seriously, seeing all this merchandise surrounding Takkong, only to find out he's had NO appearances since 1971, is pretty hard to believe!

Another character of note would certainly be Geronimon. Though I always imagined this was due to the fact that Geronimon is more of a plot-driven character. For example, you've got Takkong, who just appears from the ocean one day and wreaks havoc. Compare that to Geronimon, who is the Chief of all the monsters, and plans on unleashing them upon the entire world.

While we're on this topic, does anyone have a full-list of the obscure kaiju that have been brought back in recent shows, that hadn't had a significant appearance in decades? Off the top of my head, I can think of:

1. Bullton (1966-2007)
2. Peguila (1966-2008 as a corpse) (1966-2017)
3. Juran (1966-2008)
4. Mukadendar (1966-2008)
5. Magular (1966-2008)
6. Bemular (1966-2009)
7. Shapuray Seijin (1967-2009)
8. Gubira (1966-2012)
9. Darambia (1997-2013)
10. Valkie Seijin (1974-2013)
11. Yametaranese (1972-2014)
12. Mochiron (1973-2014)
13. Akumania Seijin (1974-2014)
14. Aboras (1966-2015) (Not counting Ultraman Powered)
15. Banila (1966-2015) (Not counting Ultraman Powered)
16. Pestar (1966-2015) (Not counting Ultraman Powered)
17. Samekujira (1974-2015)
18. Aribunta (1972-2016)
19. Bado Seijin (1968-2017)
20. Zandrias (1980-2017)
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Yeah I'm surprised Geronimon hasn't made some sort of appearance. I'm agreeing with a lot of people's choices here on monsters. It's a shame that Red Nova is really the only Leo monster that really returns often, especially because a lot of the other saucer monsters like Silver Bloome are more impactful.

Anyways:
Pris-ma(Return of Ultraman)-Appeared in some weird book or something, but hasn't had another appearance since. Like Bulton it's one of the more out there designs, but it actually had really unique powers and was a formidable foe. My guess as to why it hasn't appeared is because it would be hard to make a five inch figure out of (dot) and that the monster used a lot of flashing light attacks.

The same goes for this one monster from I believe UltraSeven which was a giant ghost ship.

Marie should also make a comeback. It's for an original design, and has only appeared in one episode and a few cameos in video games. My guess is again is that it would be difficult to make a five inch, but not as difficult as Prisma.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

How many times did Baltan and his race appear in the Ultra Series, and in what forms did they appear? Also, since Geronimon is considered the King of All Monsters, I take it Godzilla and Co. never existed there, either. In fact, I've always wondered what would happen if the Godzilla universe (probably the Showa one, since that would most likely fit in with the concept) and the Ultra universe ever met. That would really be a good story in G-Fan's series The Journal of Dr. Rex Summeral.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Uhhh, why would Godzilla and Geronimon exit in the same universe to begin with. TBH As much as I like big Ultraman and Godzilla I'd hate them to have some sort of shared universe. Waaaay too crowded.

Is this the only monster that's been a two-parter but has never appeared again?
http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Terochilus
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Uhhh, why would Godzilla and Geronimon exit in the same universe to begin with. TBH As much as I like big Ultraman and Godzilla I'd hate them to have some sort of shared universe. Waaaay too crowded.
I also think a crossover between Ultraman and Godzilla wouldn't work. Each series has a different kind of "monster realism" (let's call it like that).
Most Ultra kaijus are beamspammers and have to be beaten by various different attacks.
Or let's take a look at a kaiju like Kingsaurus III, he feeds on radiation and he is immune against most attacks cause of his horn shield.
How should Godzilla handle a King of Mons? His Heat Ray is as destructive as Shin Gojiras and he got his bone shield ( King of Mons is a cheater anyway, can't be beaten before he summoned Bajiris and Scylla).

Even a Kong and Godzilla crossover makes more sense than Ultraman and Godzilla. Or Gamera and Godzilla.
But maybe a Pigmon and Godzilla crossover could work :D

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Dramorg wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Uhhh, why would Godzilla and Geronimon exit in the same universe to begin with. TBH As much as I like big Ultraman and Godzilla I'd hate them to have some sort of shared universe. Waaaay too crowded.
I also think a crossover between Ultraman and Godzilla wouldn't work. Each series has a different kind of "monster realism" (let's call it like that).
Your explanation doesn't really make much sense lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The hell? Godzillla and Ultraman could easily crossover. Doubt it'll ever happen. I imagine it'd be more of a team-up than a pure versus event, however. Maybe a skirmish half-way where we see Godzilla is more powerful than your typical Ultra kaiju and that's about it. The fact the Ultra franchise has taken a multi-verse route like Marvel and DC comics means there's no reason we couldn't see Ultras come to a universe in which Godzilla and kin exist.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Plus didn't Godzilla already crossover into an Ultraman-like series before?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

On another note, it seems Zegan will make his appearance in Episode 14 and 15.
Long Live The King