IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
UltramanGoji

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Post by UltramanGoji »

The trades are $20 for four-five issues and Volume 3 is strangely out of print it seems, so in all honesty it's much more efficient to just get the digital versions.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Isn't Rulers of Earth completed in two collections? Number two is hard to find it seems.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Isn't Rulers of Earth completed in two collections? Number two is hard to find it seems.
No, there's six (?) TPBs that were released first. Then there was supposed to be two "complete" volumes of the whole series, but only #1 was released before IDW's license ran out.

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Guess I'll remove this from my Amazon then...

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Complet ... s+of+earth
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Based on grabbing the #4 TPB (the first third of the never-was complete vol. 2), it certainly doesn't seem as... strong as the first half. So we may not be missing much. (Then again, I haven't seen #5 or #6 yet...)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuDuke
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuDuke »

If IDW has lost the licensing rights to the Godzilla comics, I guess that means there won't be a trade paperback book for Godzilla: Rage Across Time?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

KaijuDuke wrote:If IDW has lost the licensing rights to the Godzilla comics, I guess that means there won't be a trade paperback book for Godzilla: Rage Across Time?
I thought that came out in November 2016?
IDW listing for Rage Across Time TPB

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Just like the second volume of RoE, I don't think that made it to print before the license ran out.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Just like the second volume of RoE, I don't think that made it to print before the license ran out.
It was printed I have a copy of the trade myself, I think it just was printed in limited numbers before the hiatus of Godzilla prints from IDW

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Damn, I couldn't even find a placeholder listing on Amazon.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Damn, I couldn't even find a placeholder listing on Amazon.
I was gonna order it then it was taken down so I quickly ordered a cheap copy through someone selling it via amazon

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mr. Yellow wrote:Damn, I couldn't even find a placeholder listing on Amazon.
How hard are you looking? There are two copies on eBay right now, with a Buy-It-Now price of $23 and free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Godzilla-Rage-A ... 2068511159

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

I said Amazon, not eBay.

Kaijusamurai
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaijusamurai »

Hey everybody!
Matt here. I know it's been a hot minute, but as some of you may have heard, the Rulers of Earth Facebook page was recently, unceremoniously deleted. I don't know who did this or why, but I was definitely not consulted and it feels really cold considering that there was years of content and lots of nice memories on that page.
Ergo, I remade it. I'm in the process of rebuilding the archives as well, not to mention reposting old interviews and even doing fan art Fridays and Throwback thursdays.
Godzilla may not be at IDW anymore (as far as I know), but if you wanna revisit old memories and stay tuned for new info regarding the book's Japanese release (and maybe even future releases???) go give us a like and a share.
Thanks everyone!
Http://www.facebook.com/rulersofearth

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I’m surprised to see that you were a part of these forums all along.

Kaijusamurai
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaijusamurai »

I've been around for a while :)

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Kaijusamurai wrote:I've been around for a while :)
Like Satan ?!? :shock:
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Kaijusamurai wrote:I've been around for a while :)
Oh my God, it's Matt Frank! How are you, Mr. Frank? Have you been doing art on your spare time or is IDW's license on Godzilla is done, so now you're at different paths?
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Jason
Samurai

Post by Jason »

Not according to the last post he took the time to make, so instead of going onto the Facebook page and trying to figure out if I can give it a like, I'll just say I like the comics that came out here.

I met the girl that I'm making friends with at work who's gonna put her voice online for a YouTube Godzilla crossover video. I won't say what it crosses over with because I got a board warning about posting about non Toho creations, but I did see Rodan and Ghidorah and heard the Godzilla march song being sung in a foreign language as I was watching it.
Take care and God bless

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Jason wrote:Not according to the last post he took the time to make, so instead of going onto the Facebook page and trying to figure out if I can give it a like, I'll just say I like the comics that came out here.

I met the girl that I'm making friends with at work who's gonna put her voice online for a YouTube Godzilla crossover video. I won't say what it crosses over with because I got a board warning about posting about non Toho creations, but I did see Rodan and Ghidorah and heard the Godzilla march song being sung in a foreign language as I was watching it.
Take care and God bless
You won't get a board warning for that :P

You;ll just get a quote from a Forum Moderator telling you to not post an off-topic self-plug post in the IDW Comic section. ;)