Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

My fears came alive, this Godzilla looks incredibly stupid... Hands down the worst design in the entire series. And with its proportions, I really can't imagine this thing moving around and fighting without it looking laughably silly.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Well ya'll wanted weird Godzillas you got weird Godzillas.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I hope we get more weird Godzillas. This is awesome! It's fun to push and play around with a character's design's recognizability.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I'm not a fan of his proportions. But there are things I do like. His spines and head shape are pretty cool. His skin texture is interesting. So I don't think it's the worst Godzilla design by any means, but it's not very high on my list either. I'd put it about on par with Shin's fourth form.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gerdzerl wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I kind of doubt he's actually a plant. He probably just took on some plant-like qualities over the millennia.
Fair enough, that'd make sense. I'm personally hoping he literally is a plant since it'd be so weird and unconventional.
I hope he's a plant so people can loosen up on hating Shin Godzilla a bit :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Gerdzerl wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I kind of doubt he's actually a plant. He probably just took on some plant-like qualities over the millennia.
Fair enough, that'd make sense. I'm personally hoping he literally is a plant since it'd be so weird and unconventional.
I sorta see him as still reptilian, but he's gotten plants on him due to his immense size and how slowly he moves (akin to how whales will pick up barnacles and such). Perhaps he does have actual plant-like qualities himself, but I can't tell from what footage we've seen.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

It's confirmed that he's literally an evolved form of plant-life. Well, that's extremely disappointing...
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Excellent. Better than him being a theropod dinosaur.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Breakdown wrote:It's confirmed that he's literally an evolved form of plant-life. Well, that's extremely disappointing...
Where is this confirmation?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Breakdown wrote:It's confirmed that he's literally an evolved form of plant-life. Well, that's extremely disappointing...
Toho press release

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Since Plantzilla is a thing now, I hope we get a Godzilla that's a dragon eventually.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Godzillian wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Toho press release
Can I get a link? Googled it and couldn't find it.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Gerdzerl wrote:Since Plantzilla is a thing now, I hope we get a Godzilla that's a dragon eventually.
I'd be so down for that!!! :)

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Cool, Plantzilla. An interesting new take. I'm liking that Toho is branching out and trying new things with the character, it keeps the series fresh.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Dracosaurian wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:Since Plantzilla is a thing now, I hope we get a Godzilla that's a dragon eventually.
I'd be so down for that!!! :)
That, and a MammalGoji too.

Last edited by Gerdzerl on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

To tell you the truth, I could care less about the plant thing, when I first heard the rumor, it didnt phase me, hearing that it's been confirmed, I'm still not phased by it.
His appearance is what I give a fuck about, I doubt they'll be spouting off that he's a plant monster throughout the movie so who cares? Now, the design on the other hand, is something we're gonna have to look at for 3 fucking movies... a design that makes him look like he has downs...
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:To tell you the truth, I could care less about the plant thing, when I first heard the rumor, it didnt phase me, hearing that it's been confirmed, I'm still not phased by it.
His appearance is what I give a fuck about, I doubt they'll be spouting off that he's a plant monster throughout the movie so who cares? Now, the design on the other hand, is something we're gonna have to look at for 3 fucking movies... a design that makes him look like he has downs...
You do realise how aging works, right?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:To tell you the truth, I could care less about the plant thing, when I first heard the rumor, it didnt phase me, hearing that it's been confirmed, I'm still not phased by it.
His appearance is what I give a skreeonk about, I doubt they'll be spouting off that he's a plant monster throughout the movie so who cares? Now, the design on the other hand, is something we're gonna have to look at for 3 skreeonking movies... a design that makes him look like he has downs...
He looks fine to me. Lower legs are a bit thinner, and he's a bit more barrelchested, but he looks like a fine Godzilla. His grimace looks really cool with all those teeth, and I bet it'll look better once we see him in atomic-firing poses and such. The texture of his skin in particular is pretty cool, imo.
Last edited by CyberZilla on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Resized Image

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Birdman wrote:
Yeah, people get wrinkles when they age. But they don't have gaping holes where their eyes should be, nor do they have their arms sprouting from where their shoulder blades should be.

Some people don't like the design because its proportions are just so poor and it looks uninspired. I'm one of those people.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
Birdman wrote:
His appearance is what I give a skreeonk about, I doubt they'll be spouting off that he's a plant monster throughout the movie so who cares? Now, the design on the other hand, is something we're gonna have to look at for 3 skreeonking movies... a design that makes him look like he has downs...
Yeah, people get wrinkles when they age. But they don't have gaping holes where their eyes should be, nor do they have their arms sprouting from where their shoulder blades should be.

Some people don't like the design because its proportions are just so poor and it looks uninspired. I'm one of those people.
Plants don't have eyes though ;)