Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

Post by Chrispy_G »

I could see Destoroyah, Biollante, and surprisingly, Hedorah as good fits for the 'Shin-Verse'

Here is one thing, apparently Shin Godzilla was "rushed"(given 2 years) to be made for the July 2016 release....back when King of the Monsters was scheduled for June 2018 and it seemed that they had a weird '2 year window' of some sorts to maintain.

BUT I have doubts of there necessarily being any rules for AFTER the deal. In theory, they could slot a Shin Godzilla sequel in for late 2020 or something....and give them 3 years to make the film, and they wouldn't be violating any rules.

I'd like the Shin Godzilla sequel to be the opposite of rushed. Give them plenty of time on the script, an increased budget, and more production time/resources than on Shin Godzilla to really let them nail it.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

miguelnuva wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
fred25_ca wrote:Oh no, that's an awful news! By 2020 (or 2021, I guess), most of the momentum Shin Godzilla will have will be gone. I was so hoping Anno would be back for a sequel. Oh God, I hope we don't get Higuchi as the director for the sequel. 5 years to end up with this sounds like a worst case scenario...
In America, and the rest of the world...yes; but was there even any momentum to begin with considering it wasn't a major theatrical release?

In Japan, absolutely not. Shin Gojira was one of the highest grossing films, and won best picture as well as numerous awards. It also had one of the biggest promotional campaigns, which paid off. Shin Godzilla won't lose any momentum in Japan for sure. And anyways, there's the Legendary and Monster Planet films to keep Godzilla going.
One trailer in Japan showing that frozen body waking up and the hype will be right back where it was. A movie like Shin wouldn't lose steam especially with Legendary and Anime Goji running.
Maybe a slow zoom into his face and a sudden eye twitch as the first one and then the second one shows a humanoid falling off the tail.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If we get a sequel, im sure that cruise ships will be involved in defeating Godzilla. And if we're lucky to get a third film I bet power lines will also be next to get their revenge.

Honestly im wanting original kaiju or maybe just another solo with Godzilla battling armies from various countries at once like the scrapped idea for The Return of Godzilla .
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone honestly feel that of all pre-existing Toho Kaiju, Biollante will best fit this particular continuity?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:Does anyone honestly feel that of all pre-existing Toho Kaiju, Biollante will best fit this particular continuity?
Biollante, Hedorah, Mothra and another Godzilla are all the options I can see in the shin verse.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Any pre existing kaiju could work. It would just be an extreme version of that monster.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

So there's this cool model floating around Facebook of Shin shedding his frozen skin to reveal a fresh body, I'm not a fan of the idea of a Shin sequel, but if there were to be one, that'd be a cool thing to do.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:So there's this cool model floating around Facebook of Shin shedding his frozen skin to reveal a fresh body, I'm not a fan of the idea of a Shin sequel, but if there were to be one, that'd be a cool thing to do.
Having godzilla walk around with his godzilla people running around could be pretty cool

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:So there's this cool model floating around Facebook of Shin shedding his frozen skin to reveal a fresh body, I'm not a fan of the idea of a Shin sequel, but if there were to be one, that'd be a cool thing to do.
Link?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

I could see it.
Last edited by ToxicLove on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted image
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Damn, that's awesome looking.
+1. It's an interesting idea - but I think the concept art for Shin executed it better.

Er - anyhow. For the future, whenever your responding to someone via "quote", can you edit out any of the [img][pic][youtube] tags it may have? You can refer to thePSA - Quoting Images/YT Videos and Reading Sticky/Pinned Posts for more information.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I was expecting Shin to look more fully healed than just merely color swapped if he were to revive from his petrified state. Regardless, I apprciate the effort put into that sculpture.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:If we get a sequel, im sure that cruise ships will be involved in defeating Godzilla. And if we're lucky to get a third film I bet power lines will also be next to get their revenge.

Honestly im wanting original kaiju or maybe just another solo with Godzilla battling armies from various countries at once like the scrapped idea for The Return of Godzilla .
The humanoids would likely be the ones to take on military forces directly.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Loganrules115 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:If we get a sequel, im sure that cruise ships will be involved in defeating Godzilla. And if we're lucky to get a third film I bet power lines will also be next to get their revenge.

More importantly did you get my stupid joke :lol:

OT: Yeah the humanoids would probably be doing the dirty work.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I don't think Shin would still be there if the humanoids are. If anything Shin IS the humanoids. That's the fifth form. There wouldn't be a Godzilla left. Just those things.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Where's the talk of Toho being unable to make another Godzilla movie before 2020? I have seen it mentioned elsewhere on here and I seem to have not read the original source on that.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

Tohosaurus wrote:Where's the talk of Toho being unable to make another Godzilla movie before 2020? I have seen it mentioned elsewhere on here and I seem to have not read the original source on that.
Shinji Higuchi stated as such at G-fest.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Idk, I can't help but think form 5 was meant to fly. That throwaway line about Godzilla coming in a smaller size and flying around seems suspicious, as does the dorsal fins on form 5's shoulders.
Plus, what with them appearing like angels in the concept book...
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:

More importantly did you get my stupid joke :lol:

OT: Yeah the humanoids would probably be doing the dirty work.
Yeah I got it :lol:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I don't think Shin would still be there if the humanoids are. If anything Shin IS the humanoids. That's the fifth form. There wouldn't be a Godzilla left. Just those things.
Goodness, you might as well not have it be a Godzilla film then.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien: