SUCC (odd Godzilla Manga I found)

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

SUCC (odd Godzilla Manga I found)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I recently found this strange Godzilla Manga that appears to be a compilation. The first is normal, it's a novelization of 1954 with added images. The second is GRA, but with anguirus breathing fire. By the third, things get strange which what appears to be Godzilla and Anguirus and some random ass monsters dicking around and fighting. I'm gonna try to upload more pics later of the manga, but let's see if this even works.

Here's some more:
Spoiler:
If/when I return home in a few weeks I wouldn't mind scanning and translating it. A long process but it's pretty neat.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: SUCC (odd Godzilla Manga I found)

Post by GigaBowserG »

Had a feeling this was what you were talking about... Maybe this'll help: http://wikizilla.org/wiki/Rampage_Godzilla
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If that's the case, this deserves more attention. Very interesting that the issue was made in 1955. Thus it's a manga prior to the series being a franchise, or even kid friendly which thus makes it more historically relevant. Ignoring the memeyness of the original thread title this deserves a lot of discussion.

When I get back to the USA if they don't have translations already I'll scan and translate it. I've been thinking about forming a club to do such a thing, and I have some other rare Godzilla Manga.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Very interesting, does the monster have a name?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

UltimateDitto wrote:Very interesting, does the monster have a name?
The monster fighting Anguirus in the first picture is named Gyottos. The weird peanut-looking one is Zottos, the elephant one is Osoros, and the one whose head looks like a scoop of ice cream is Sugon. According to Japanese Wikipedia, these were all rejected names for Anguirus proposed by the staff of Toho, with the name "Gyottos" being specifically proposed by Yoshio Tsuchiya himself.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.