"2075: Meister Titano's Counterattack" by Yukiko Takayama

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

"2075: Meister Titano's Counterattack" by Yukiko Takayama

Post by GigaBowserG »

Resized Image
"2075: MEISTER TITANO'S COUNTERATTACK"
Written by Yukiko Takayama, the author primarily responsible for 1975's Terror of Mechagodzilla, this 7-chapter side story acts as a continuation of the movie, taking place 100 years in the future in 2075. Here, the body of Katsura (referred to as "L・K" or "Lady Kay") is found by a mining corporation, which also has in its possession the revived form of Titanosaurus as a cyborg, Mecha-Titanosaurus (referred to in the story as "Titano" or "Meister Titano"). As a revolution begins to unfold within the corporation, the paths of Katsura and Titanosaurus cross once again...

The full story can be found in the Japanese mook, "Tokusatsu Hiho vol.5", while an English synopsis of the story is mentioned in John LeMay's "The Big Book of Japanese Giant Monster Movies: The Lost Films":
[...] Set 100 years after the events of Terror of Mechagodzilla in 2075, Katsura is revived by a deep sea mining corporation. The corporation uses thousands of human androids with A.I. to do their bidding and in their midst is a revived cyborg version of Titanosaurus. When the robots, led by the Mecha-Titanosaurus, revolt and attack Tokyo, Katsura is called in to deal with the situation. In the story's last moments, Katsura boards a submarine which is attacked by Titanosaurus. He recognizes Katsura floating in the deep water and picks her up in his hand. The two have a final moment of reflection wherein both realize they are cybernetic shells of their former selves and Katsura drowns in the depths.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/2075-m ... anslation/
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "2075: Meister & Titano's Counterattack" by Yukiko Takayama

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I have the book too, and I would love to read the whole story. :)
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Is Godzilla involved in the story at all?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Ryu
Samurai

Post by Ryu »

I am available to translate from Japanese to English. It's going to take some time, because I'm still a beginner in Japanese, but I'm glad to translate it.
When you want GigaBowserG.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

MM Raids Again wrote:Is Godzilla involved in the story at all?
I'm wondering this too, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it exists at all.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

MM Raids Again wrote:Is Godzilla involved in the story at all?
Probably through flashbacks, but this sounds like a Katsura-centric story just like Terror of Mechagodzilla.

If he is in it, he's going to be an afterthought.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Old Man Logan Godzilla. Just kinda stands up out of the sea, all hunched over, and growls in the final shot.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Re: "2075: Meister-Titano's Counterattack" by Yukiko Takayama

Post by Tarbosaurus »

I'd love to see the scans.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

A sequel to one of my favourite Godzilla movies ever. Starring one of my favourite Godzilla monsters ever. As a cyborg. Featuring one my favourite Godzilla characters ever. In the future.
I know the internet is a messy place and obscure manga like this are being discovered every day, but--WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE!
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I could translate all the shit, but right now I’m too concerned with finishing college/getting drunk. If anyone has a pdf/amazon link or a way to buy it please pm me

Added in 13 days 10 hours 8 minutes 51 seconds:
耀くタ日をおしのけ、
The shining setting sun xYz

The violet ray pushed and spread out against the setting sun...

Honestly what year is this made in? A lot of kanji here should be my level but turns out to be quite random and obscure.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: "2075: Meister Titano's Counterattack" by Yukiko Takayama

Post by GigaBowserG »

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

At long last...
The Godzilla fanfic I've been waiting for... :tearsofjoy:

Bravo, guys. Bravo. :applause:
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hoorah! I’ll read it later!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GojiMet86
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiMet86 »

Was this a possible film project/idea that never got off, or was this done independently by Takayama?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GojiMet86 wrote:Was this a possible film project/idea that never got off, or was this done independently by Takayama?
As far as I'm aware, this was an independent project by Takayama. It'd certainly explain why Titanosaurus or Katsura are never name-dropped and instead go by abbreviations. The Japanese name Titanosaurus is actually "Chitanozaurusu" (チタノザウルス), but the text refers to him as "Taitano" (タイターノ).
/crawls back under rock

Gothra
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gothra »

This is so cool. Doesn't feel entirely necessary, but it's interesting nonetheless and there can never be too much Katsura and Titanosaurus. Kind of wish this were a manga because I love that art.
Really grateful for the translation work that went into this.