Monster Speculation: MOTHRA

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Monster Speculation: MOTHRA

Post by KaijuCanuck »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The faces of the larva are obscured but the shape of their bodies looks very similar to the classic versions. I'd say the face will also look somewhat traditional. I just really like how her imago form looks. So skreeonking cool. I just want to see her colors and hear her roar.
Yeah seriously, just use the roar we have Dougherty. It's already there, you literally don't have to do any work. Take the day off buddy.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:The faces of the larva are obscured but the shape of their bodies looks very similar to the classic versions. I'd say the face will also look somewhat traditional. I just really like how her imago form looks. So skreeonking cool. I just want to see her colors and hear her roar.
Yeah seriously, just use the roar we have Dougherty. It's already there, you literally don't have to do any work. Take the day off buddy.
I'm cool with some alterations to the roar, but I prefer that it still sound like Mothra. Not something new. Godzilla's roar sounds like a traditional roar even if it doesn't have the same power behind it as some previous versions.

Also, I noticed the temple of the moth picture classifies Mothra as "divine." I love that they're at least partially retaining her mystical qualities.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

In all likelihood they're going to do a brand new roar and it would make sense for them to do so. They'll likely do it the same way they did with Godzilla's by playing the classic roar and then creating something totally new but familiar.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

She looks great, exactly what I expected/hoped Mothra would look like!

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Looks alright so far, no extreme changes for muh realism.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Yeah no thank you, I'd prefer a new roar plz, I can't wait to hear it too, it'll be very reminiscent of her classic roars of course
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Yeah no thank you, I'd prefer a new roar plz, I can't wait to hear it too, it'll be very reminiscent of her classic roars of course
Well I was mostly joking, of course they will need a new sound effect because if they just pulled the old ones it would sound off. But I personally really hate the LPG roar, it doesn't sound like Godzilla to me. So I'm little hesitant about them going the same distance with the other kaiju.

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Kaiju Claws »

I love the caterpillar legs on the larva! :D

A closer look at them reveals a mouth very similar to the classic Mothra larva, but it's too difficult for me to identify any eyes. The left larva does appear to have some sort of similar marking to the previously pictured (real) larva in the eye area.

Does anyone else notice anything different?
Last edited by Kaiju Claws on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Well I was mostly joking, of course they will need a new sound effect because if they just pulled the old ones it would sound off. But I personally really hate the LPG roar, it doesn't sound like Godzilla to me. So I'm little hesitant about them going the same distance with the other kaiju.
:eh: I couldn't personally disagree more. I think Legendary's Godzilla roar is fantastic. Though I will admit the lengthy version, where he's roaring at the female muto before they they clash; the middle part of that does start to sound like random, weird noise. But the regular roar and the victory one are both great....but opinions and stuff

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

I tried to imagine what MOTHRA will be colored like..Image
GO GO GOJI KUN

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

GoWhaleTours wrote:I tried to imagine what MOTHRA will be colored like..
Nice! I knew it was only a matter of time before someone did this!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Gotta admit, that looks pretty good!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Thanks guys! ;)
GO GO GOJI KUN

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

GoWhaleTours wrote:I tried to imagine what MOTHRA will be colored like..[http://img01.deviantart.net/a9a1/i/2017 ... bhadq3.jpg
Yeah, looks really good!
Last edited by Hokmuto on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I actually hope the larva (if we see any) are colorful too. The whole point of their color is to blend in with their surroundings like camouflage or to give off the "don't eat me, I'll kill you or give you diarrhea" warning. Even cooler would be if they had urticating hairs for protection. In particular, the silkworm moth if South America is venomous and causes massive internal bleeding if you touch its hairs. I can imagine a hungry Rodan attempting to eat one only to quickly reconsider it once he gets a foot- or mouthful of urticating hairs.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GoWhaleTours wrote:I tried to imagine what MOTHRA will be colored like..[]http://img01.deviantart.net/a9a1/i/2017 ... bhadq3.jpg[/]
Great depiction! :) If she looked anything like that, I'd be thrilled.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Looks good, Gowhaletours. I'm hoping she has some blue or purple on her as well, though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Thanks everyone!

Yeah I hope she's a little more colorful also. I was trying to stick to brownish/orange colors for this though to be a little more realistic.
GO GO GOJI KUN

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could this Dr Emma Russel be Vera Farminga's character?

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

LegendZilla wrote:Could this Dr Emma Russel be Vera Farminga's character?
There's a good chance of that. The rumor I heard was that Kyle Chandler's character was named Mark Russell and Millie Brown's character will be named Madison Russell.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."