Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote:One trailer in Japan showing that frozen body waking up and the hype will be right back where it was. A movie like Shin wouldn't lose steam especially with Legendary and Anime Goji running.
You can say that the hype is...

FROZEN!

:rimshot:

It just needs to be...

UNTHAWED!

:rimshot:

I'm here all day!
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fred25_ca
Monarch Researcher

Post by fred25_ca »

Well I sure hope so. One thing is for sure is Godzilla sequels are now taking a lot longer to come out than most franchises (5 years for legendary and 4 to 5 years for toho!)
My newest monster movie, "Home sweet home":
https://vimeo.com/134487385

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I think the only way a sequel will work is if Anno is involved. Otherwise, it'll be a lesser product compared to its predecessor.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I think the only way a sequel will work is if Anno is involved. Otherwise, it'll be a lesser product compared to its predecessor.
Not necessarily. Having Anno on board again would be nice, but it is possible for another director to make it worthwhile.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Loganrules115 wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I think the only way a sequel will work is if Anno is involved. Otherwise, it'll be a lesser product compared to its predecessor.
Not necessarily. Having Anno on board again would be nice, but it is possible for another director to make it worthwhile.
Unfortunately, Shinji Higuchi is not the man for the job.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:
Unfortunately, Shinji Higuchi is not the man for the job.
He seems more than capable, based on his track record.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Anno should have Eva 4.0 done by 2020. I see both Anno and Higuchi coming back. Shin Godzilla 2 will be the end of this current era of Godzilla films.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Loganrules115 wrote:He seems more than capable, based on his track record.
His track record is mixed. When given a bigger budget, his films have mixed or negative reception. Maybe he can prove me wrong.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with AoT because a lot of complaints I hear had to do with the casting, which I found to be somewhat silly.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Cookson wrote:Anno should have Eva 4.0 done by 2020. I see both Anno and Higuchi coming back. Shin Godzilla 2 will be the end of this current era of Godzilla films.
Not unless they push it to 2024. I doubt there won't be a 70th anniversary film.

P.S. and the way to end this era is still find a way to do Shin vs Legendary.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote:P.S. and the way to end this era is still find a way to do Shin vs Legendary.
No

End the "Shin Era" with something that isn't just a forced crossover. You'll kill all grace the movie had.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

SpaceG92 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:P.S. and the way to end this era is still find a way to do Shin vs Legendary.
No

End the "Shin Era" with something that isn't just a forced crossover. You'll kill all grace the movie had.
Agreed 100%. Toho has something really special going on right now.... No need to force a crossover like that.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Showa Gyaos wrote: I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with AoT because a lot of complaints I hear had to do with the casting, which I found to be somewhat silly.
The quality of the movie(s) itself is discussed a lot, I think. They really could've been as great as Shin was.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
No

No.

End the "Shin era" with Shin Godzilla. No more of that mess please.

*Drops Mic*.........And runs for cover.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Rather than connecting everything I really hope Godzilla/Toho monsters can be popular enough to have multiple "universes" of sorts. Comparing it to something as iconic as DC is obvious, but it's very awesome that their characters can be so successful that there's a variety of series throughout media (the animated movie series that aren't always connected, DCEU, TV series, etc). While Godzilla is a very different sort of thing, an array of monsters that can succeed in a variety of formats both critically and financially is something that can only improve how iconic Toho's monster library really is for them. So while I can totally understand that some fans do not care for something that is very different like Shin Godzilla was, it is important for the continued success and freshness of the franchise to do different things. Sometimes they will be appreciated, other times not so much. But simply rehashing and remaking (but bettering) what's been done before is what will move these characters into decline. I think this also means that Toho must emphasize their other characters as well. Yes, Godzilla is basically Toho's Superman if I continue that analogy, but then Mothra or others must be given media as well in greater capacities than supporting or versus characters.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
No

No.

End the "Shin era" with Shin Godzilla. No more of that mess please.

*Drops Mic*.........And runs for cover.
Faster Goji, they've got tomatoes.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

With the necessary time delay, I think a possible continuation of Shin is within the realm of possibility. Unless, of course, we return to the monster brawlers. Which I wouldn't mind, but considering the track record for the Heisei and Millenium films, isn't a great prognosis. But here's hoping Toho learns from their mistakes. Shin is the biggest success of the franchise since, well, the original. Toho would be mad not to continue it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I saw an image online the other day that made me want to see Mothra in the Shin sequel but not as Shin Mothra just regular Mothra against Shin.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34477 ... made-2020/

I actually kinda LIKE hearing this.

Godzilla is the longest running, most numerous film franchise of all time. Marvel is churning out THREE films a year and the quality suffers, it is all just 'par for the course'. That franchise, with its many film entries and absurd number of TV properties, is becoming bloated...nothing has room to breathe or be appreciated, it all exists to set up the next entry a few months down the road.

We have NO shortage of Godzilla movies to appreciate. We have 60 years worth of films to sit back, enjoy, and digest.

I LOVE the idea of getting years to live with Godzilla 2014 and Shin Godzilla before seeing those stories continued...because we know they will be, and they will likely be all the better for it instead of just being rushed sequels.

Hell...back in the day I pitched a dream scenario of getting Shin Godzilla 2 in 2021 and Shin Godzilla 3 completing the trilogy in 2024 for the 70 year anniversary.

We're getting the MonsterVerse and an entire Anime Trilogy. I can wait on a Shin Godzilla sequel, the budget will certainly be bigger and the production will likely only be given more time to reach an even higher level of quality.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Chrispy_G wrote:http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34477 ... made-2020/

I actually kinda LIKE hearing this.

Godzilla is the longest running, most numerous film franchise of all time. Marvel is churning out THREE films a year and the quality suffers, it is all just 'par for the course'. That franchise, with its many film entries and absurd number of TV properties, is becoming bloated...nothing has room to breathe or be appreciated, it all exists to set up the next entry a few months down the road.

We have NO shortage of Godzilla movies to appreciate. We have 60 years worth of films to sit back, enjoy, and digest.

I LOVE the idea of getting years to live with Godzilla 2014 and Shin Godzilla before seeing those stories continued...because we know they will be, and they will likely be all the better for it instead of just being rushed sequels.

Hell...back in the day I pitched a dream scenario of getting Shin Godzilla 2 in 2021 and Shin Godzilla 3 completing the trilogy in 2024 for the 70 year anniversary.

We're getting the MonsterVerse and an entire Anime Trilogy. I can wait on a Shin Godzilla sequel, the budget will certainly be bigger and the production will likely only be given more time to reach an even higher level of quality.
(Cue slow clapping) Well said! :D Definitely is best for each film to get their time to shine and proper time to be made good.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

miguelnuva wrote:I saw an image online the other day that made me want to see Mothra in the Shin sequel but not as Shin Mothra just regular Mothra against Shin.
I think any continuation of Shin Godzilla will feature only new monsters.
Destoroyah might be the exception.