Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
UltramanGoji

Re: Sequel Wishlist/Speculation

Post by UltramanGoji »

Got a sequel thread already:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=25082

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

Post by LegendZilla »

Since Hollywood is doing Godzilla vs Kong, we can only hope that maybe Toho will muster the will to bring in Gamera assuming GvK does well.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

LegendZilla wrote:Since Hollywood is doing Godzilla vs Kong, we can only hope that maybe Toho will muster the will to bring in Gamera assuming GvK does well.
Toho has definitely changed. They're allowing a game that features both Gamera and Godzilla to exist. Though I think a film featuring the two won't happen.

I think this current "era" of Godzilla films will end with Shin Godzilla 2 after Godzilla vs Kong. That makes the most sense to me... Toho will be swimming in Yen with the Anime trilogy and next two Hollywood films through 2020.... Then cap it off with the long awaited sequel to Shin.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:What do you want to see in a sequel, and/or what do you think you WILL see?

I think they'll do this the same way they always have... a second Godzilla who becomes the main Godzilla.
A second Godzilla? But he lived, he was just frozen.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:What do you want to see in a sequel, and/or what do you think you WILL see?

I think they'll do this the same way they always have... a second Godzilla who becomes the main Godzilla.
Yes! But there's all those mutant human-Goji things. I think one of them will grow up and mutate into sort of a traditional Godzilla and then destroy the first one. I mean I'll probably be wrong, but this is what I currently predict.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Yes! But there's all those mutant human-Goji things. I think one of them will grow up and mutate into sort of a traditional Godzilla and then destroy the first one. I mean I'll probably be wrong, but this is what I currently predict.
Thats a cool idea, I can imagine all of them tag teaming Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

The stage 5 "G-Titans", as a like to call them, do present an issue in moving the story forward. But their are ways.

Option 1: Just get ride of them. Have them surgically removed from Shin Godzilla's tail. Then either destroy them or save them for later down the line.

Option 2: Use them to create a new monster. Through any number of ways they and Shin G's cells are a perfect plot device to get new (or Shin Old) kaiju into the world.

Option 3: Use them as they are. Thats the real tricky one as they are a lot of ways that could be done.....but they need to be done well to work. One idea I had was an almost "Attack on Titan/Evangeline" like situation. In this scenario, the G-Titans are not Shin's offspring but an adaption to the situation. The intent was not to spawn but create remote drones that could function independently from its body. They could then work to protect Shin while it is immobilized or create a new one if Shin is killed. The G-Titans are extracted from Shin and taken across the world to different facilitates to be studied. Japan is allowed to keep Shin G to study since A) its already in the country, B) its to big to transport and C) none ones it in their country if/when it wakes up.

However one by one, the G-Titans awaken break free and start making their way to Japan. Each one undergoes its own individual "Adaptive Mutations" during the journey and issuing conflicts, so they stop looking like copies of each other.

Their goal, return to the prime organism and reawaken Shin Godzilla!

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Monster X wrote:The stage 5 "G-Titans", as a like to call them, do present an issue in moving the story forward. But their are ways.

Option 1: Just get ride of them. Have them surgically removed from Shin Godzilla's tail. Then either destroy them or save them for later down the line.

Option 2: Use them to create a new monster. Through any number of ways they and Shin G's cells are a perfect plot device to get new (or Shin Old) kaiju into the world.

Option 3: Use them as they are. Thats the real tricky one as they are a lot of ways that could be done.....but they need to be done well to work. One idea I had was an almost "Attack on Titan/Evangelion" like situation. In this scenario, the G-Titans are not Shin's offspring but an adaption to the situation. The intent was not to spawn but create remote drones that could function independently from its body. They could then work to protect Shin while it is immobilized or create a new one if Shin is killed. The G-Titans are extracted from Shin and taken across the world to different facilitates to be studied. Japan is allowed to keep Shin G to study since A) its already in the country, B) its to big to transport and C) none ones it in their country if/when it wakes up.

However one by one, the G-Titans awaken break free and start making their way to Japan. Each one undergoes its own individual "Adaptive Mutations" during the journey and issuing conflicts, so they stop looking like copies of each other.

Their goal, return to the prime organism and reawaken Shin Godzilla!
Like this idea. This would be a worthy sequel.

Also, fixed.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Higuchi talked about Shin Godzilla 2 at G-Fest. Kind of a update:

Basically sounds like Toho made a agreement they can't make any more live action films till after Godzilla vs Kong. The Anime trilogy is kind of a loop hole in the agreement.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

It'd be cool if one of the skeletons evolve into a more traditional Godzilla and shin mutates into some kind of destroyah type creature and the two battle, with the new Godzilla victorious.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

So they can't make another live action film until Godzilla vs. Kong is finished? That's an unfortunate negotiation, but I guess it works.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Showa Gyaos wrote:So they can't make another live action film until Godzilla vs. Kong is finished? That's an unfortunate negotiation, but I guess it works.
If it means avoiding rushed, lazy films annually and instead getting more films like Shin, I'm all for it.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GalacticPetey wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:So they can't make another live action film until Godzilla vs. Kong is finished? That's an unfortunate negotiation, but I guess it works.
If it means avoiding rushed, lazy films annually and instead getting more films like Shin, I'm all for it.
I agree with this sentiment. Besides it's not like we're not getting Godzilla content. We have the Legndary films and the three animated movies to carry us over. I'm not going to complain if it takes until 2021 to have a sequel, considering that we waited ten years with ZERO Godzilla content.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

GalacticPetey wrote:
I was more so saying this because I don't really care about the anime film (at least not yet), and would rather have another live action film. I know I don't want this to end up like the Millennium series again, which is fine.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

While it sucks that we'll have to wait till post 2020 the wait will hopefully be worth it.

Toho have basically outsourced their Godzilla films for this era for the next few years which will give them some breathing room to deal with the conundrum of doing a sequal to Shin Godzilla.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

They'll probably be able to bring back Anno as well. I'm sure Eva 4.0 will be done way before then.

I'm fine with this as we have Godzilla content for some years now.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Oooh Shin 2 for 2021+? litttt, MonsterVerse and the animes will be more than enough fillers until then.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

fred25_ca
Monarch Researcher

Post by fred25_ca »

Oh no, that's an awful news! By 2020 (or 2021, I guess), most of the momentum Shin Godzilla will have will be gone. I was so hoping Anno would be back for a sequel. Oh God, I hope we don't get Higuchi as the director for the sequel. 5 years to end up with this sounds like a worst case scenario...
My newest monster movie, "Home sweet home":
https://vimeo.com/134487385

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

fred25_ca wrote:Oh no, that's an awful news! By 2020 (or 2021, I guess), most of the momentum Shin Godzilla will have will be gone. I was so hoping Anno would be back for a sequel. Oh God, I hope we don't get Higuchi as the director for the sequel. 5 years to end up with this sounds like a worst case scenario...
In America, and the rest of the world...yes; but was there even any momentum to begin with considering it wasn't a major theatrical release?

In Japan, absolutely not. Shin Gojira was one of the highest grossing films, and won best picture as well as numerous awards. It also had one of the biggest promotional campaigns, which paid off. Shin Godzilla won't lose any momentum in Japan for sure. And anyways, there's the Legendary and Monster Planet films to keep Godzilla going.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
fred25_ca wrote:Oh no, that's an awful news! By 2020 (or 2021, I guess), most of the momentum Shin Godzilla will have will be gone. I was so hoping Anno would be back for a sequel. Oh God, I hope we don't get Higuchi as the director for the sequel. 5 years to end up with this sounds like a worst case scenario...
In America, and the rest of the world...yes; but was there even any momentum to begin with considering it wasn't a major theatrical release?

In Japan, absolutely not. Shin Gojira was one of the highest grossing films, and won best picture as well as numerous awards. It also had one of the biggest promotional campaigns, which paid off. Shin Godzilla won't lose any momentum in Japan for sure. And anyways, there's the Legendary and Monster Planet films to keep Godzilla going.
One trailer in Japan showing that frozen body waking up and the hype will be right back where it was. A movie like Shin wouldn't lose steam especially with Legendary and Anime Goji running.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image