IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: IDW's GODZILLA General Discussion

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Say, I have this "SDCC Exclusive Cover" Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths comic, is that worth anything ?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Say, I have this "SDCC Exclusive Cover" Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths comic, is that worth anything?
This one? Not really, I've found people selling it for around 2-3 dollars.
I wish there was an omnibus of IDW's entire run. I would buy that in a heartbeat.[
Woof. That'd be a biiiig book.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Yeah that one :lol:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Say, I have this "SDCC Exclusive Cover" Godzilla: Gangsters & Goliaths comic, is that worth anything ?
Sell it for $50, im sure some sad sap will buy that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Jason
Samurai

Post by Jason »

Here's an idea if they ever want to renew their license and get one for Peter, Paul, and Mary cartoons since there were a couple about Puff the Magic Dragon. They could do a Godzilla versus Puff the Magic Dragon battle to the death where Godzilla wins and proves the lyrics about the lifespan of dragons wrong.
God bless you, Jason Scott Irelan

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Let's ignore that idiotic statement above and instead turn our attention to the likely cause of IDW not having any Godzilla comics in recent months:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/26 ... 0-million/

Knowing Toho, it was probably just too much to keep the license. Heaven knows they've already got their hands full with Hasbro properties, TMNT, Star Trek and others.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Jason wrote:Here's an idea if they ever want to renew their license and get one for Peter, Paul, and Mary cartoons since there were a couple about Puff the Magic Dragon. They could do a Godzilla versus Puff the Magic Dragon battle to the death where Godzilla wins and proves the lyrics about the lifespan of dragons wrong.
God bless you, Jason Scott Irelan
Actually, there were three Puff cartoon TV specials: Puff the Magic Dragon (1978), Puff the Magic Dragon in the Land of the Living Lies (1979) and Puff and the Incredible Mr. Nobody (1982). Burgess Meredith was the voice of Puff in all three of them.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maybe someone in the know can clue me in - I really enjoyed the first several volumes of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, and wanted to get the remainder my library didn't have. I was considering purchasing them in graphic novel form with the 'Complete Godzilla Rulers of Earth' omnibuses. Right now, omnibus #2 is showing up as unavailable on all sites. Was it released and is now rare? Never released? Cancelled? Yet-to-be-released? Anyone know? (This may well be well-known lore within the comics community here, I'm just a neophyte in that regard.)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Zarm wrote:Maybe someone in the know can clue me in - I really enjoyed the first several volumes of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, and wanted to get the remainder my library didn't have. I was considering purchasing them in graphic novel form with the 'Complete Godzilla Rulers of Earth' omnibuses. Right now, omnibus #2 is showing up as unavailable on all sites. Was it released and is now rare? Never released? Cancelled? Yet-to-be-released? Anyone know? (This may well be well-known lore within the comics community here, I'm just a neophyte in that regard.)
Cancelled essentially. IDW is slowly phasing all it's Godzilla collections out of print. Rage Across Time got a very limited release

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Godzillian wrote:
Zarm wrote:Maybe someone in the know can clue me in - I really enjoyed the first several volumes of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, and wanted to get the remainder my library didn't have. I was considering purchasing them in graphic novel form with the 'Complete Godzilla Rulers of Earth' omnibuses. Right now, omnibus #2 is showing up as unavailable on all sites. Was it released and is now rare? Never released? Cancelled? Yet-to-be-released? Anyone know? (This may well be well-known lore within the comics community here, I'm just a neophyte in that regard.)
Cancelled essentially. IDW is slowly phasing all it's Godzilla collections out of print. Rage Across Time got a very limited release
Dang it. Why do I always pick the wrong collections to become a fan of?

Thank you!
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The regular volume TPBs are still available for fair prices. If you have Complete ROE Volume 1, you'd wanna get ROE Volumes 4-6.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Out of print, huh? Guess that means my IDW comics might be worth some dough some day?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Out of print, huh? Guess that means my IDW comics might be worth some dough some day?
Not really considering the Marvel and Dark Horse Godzilla comics haven't been worth much since they went out of print

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Godzillian wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Out of print, huh? Guess that means my IDW comics might be worth some dough some day?
Not really considering the Marvel and Dark Horse Godzilla comics haven't been worth much since they went out of print
Aw, oh well, into the fire they go then :lol:

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

What Godzilla roar do you picture IDW Godzilla has? I personally say Millenium.

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

I mean these stories are available digitally as well and a number of them weren't good so it really goes to how much the market values Godzilla. Comics market won't care too much for these.

Kinda miffed we ended with Oblivion. I mean Rage across Time would have been a better send off. Not Kingdom's somehow lesser sibling.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Saansilt wrote:I mean these stories are available digitally as well and a number of them weren't good so it really goes to how much the market values Godzilla. Comics market won't care too much for these.

Kinda miffed we ended with Oblivion. I mean Rage across Time would have been a better send off. Not Kingdom's somehow lesser sibling.
We ended on Rage Against Time, and ending wasn't based on critical reception, rather the rights ran out I believe.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Did it end on Rage? I thought Oblivion came last?
Yeah I know the rights thing, I just want it to have ended on a high-ish note.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Saansilt wrote:Did it end on Rage? I thought Oblivion came last?
Yeah I know the rights thing, I just want it to have ended on a high-ish note.
It ended with Rage Across Time

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Thanks for correcting me on that then.
OPINION INVALIDATED.
And it feels good.