TREMORS Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Re: TREMORS Thread

Post by PRIMEVAL »

For some reason it felt fitting for the TV series, to me. I would have to see it to make final judgement, but the idea of weaponizing something of that ilk I'm never fond of. Granted, it makes more sense with Shriekers than with Graboids, imo.

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

The One and Only wrote:I'd still love to see the original script for T5 involving the monstrosity maker, Mixmaster from the series realized down the road ,or even some bits of the series referenced to.
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if T6 makes some sort of reference to it, with either Mixmaster itself or some variant of it being what they use to give the weaponized Graboids venom.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well for those worried producers have confirmed the new Graboids will be much closer to the original designs.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Well for those worried producers have confirmed the new Graboids will be much closer to the original designs.
Glad to hear this. Where is this stated?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Gross himself mentioned it on Facebook.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

For me Tremors 5 felt like sci fi channel fare. It was very fanficy with a repeat of ingestion indigestion, the sudden son, and the flying graboids. Yes they weren't really flying but dang if it didn't look stupid.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I saw on the Wikipedia article on the series that a sixth film's scheduled for 2018. That's all I know about it, though.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Hmmmm. Like Aliens, this may be a franchise best left after the first two films, but... I can't help myself whenever there's a new one. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SickleFeather
Samurai

Post by SickleFeather »

New Tremors television series pilot begins shooting this month.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3463340 ... ing-month/

Here is the synopsis.
“25 years after Valentine McKee defeated the Graboids, the man who once seemed destined for greatness is anything but. He’s a small-town hero whose glory days faded away with the monsters he braved and whose family moved on when he couldn’t let go of the past.

And yet McKee’s hoping that everything’s about to change. His grown daughter coming to visit on the heels of her graduation could signal a permanent homecoming. But no sooner than she arrives, strange and terrifying events make it clear the town is in danger.

Led by McKee, the gang from Perfection begins to uncover the spine-chilling truth of what’s hunting them. With the future looking darker than ever, these small-town heroes must shake off the dust of years to see what they’re made of.”
Last edited by SickleFeather on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So ends the human race! The future is built upon the past, but your kind shall never see it! Your mother and father are dead, tiny one. And now, it is your turn...TO DIE!" - Grima, Fire Emblem Awakening

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

That sounds genuinely cool.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

So like the previous series we might get something other than just Graboids.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:So like the previous series we might get something other than just Graboids.
Eh, I'd be okay with that, but I'm a little hesitant since the last TV series had both such awful monster designs and awful CG/creature effects. I expect the monsters in this series to look 1.) naturalistic like they could exist and 2.) better than a videogame from 2005 or a Syfy original movie from 10 years in the future (good Syfy is the not good for effects from what very little I've seen).
Last edited by Vakanai on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Love the Tremors series. It's an classic of mine. IMO how I'd rank the movies would be this.

1. Tremors
2. Tremors 2: Aftershock
3. Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
4. Tremors 3: Return to Perfection
5. Tremors 5: Bloodlines

I never watched the TV series so I couldn't tell my opinion on that one.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Love the Tremors series. It's an classic of mine. IMO how I'd rank the movies would be this.

1. Tremors
2. Tremors 2: Aftershock
3. Tremors 4: The Legend Begins
4. Tremors 3: Return to Perfection
5. Tremors 5: Bloodlines

I never watched the TV series so I couldn't tell my opinion on that one.
Back to Perfection is basically like a backdoor pilot of the series, so based on your list it'd either tie for number 4 or would be number 5 and bump Bloodlines to 6. While not great, I'd strongly recommend giving the series a shot just for a few key episodes, my personal favorite being the one with Burt trying to reason with UFO nuts (that episode alone should be worth enough to justify the series).

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Vakanai wrote:Back to Perfection is basically like a backdoor pilot of the series, so based on your list it'd either tie for number 4 or would be number 5 and bump Bloodlines to 6. While not great, I'd strongly recommend giving the series a shot just for a few key episodes, my personal favorite being the one with Burt trying to reason with UFO nuts (that episode alone should be worth enough to justify the series).
Will do then. Love the movies, I'm sure I'd get a kick out of the TV series. ;)

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Will do then. Love the movies, I'm sure I'd get a kick out of the TV series. ;)
Glad to hear it. My second favorite episode would probably be the one where Burt had to go up against Shreikers with antique guns (he was not crazy about it). Been a few years, I think I'll rewatch it a bit myself. Let me know what you think of it afterwards.
Looking into it, it seems the reason the series did so poorly wash because of a huge fan backlash because it replaced the very popular (Jim Henson space opera show I forgot the name of but is on the tip of my tongue).

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

That's actually not true. Truth is Syfy never really gave it a chance. Episodes were aired out of order and would take huge breaks with little to no consistency. I believe one of the higher ups at the channel had a vendetta against the show from the get go. Syfy themselves have proclaimed that Farscape's cancelation was long in the cards before Tremors even aired it's first episode. Hell ratings were actually fairly solid from what I remember. I like the series myself though my least favorite episode is easily the Graboids Rights episode.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:That's actually not true. Truth is Syfy never really gave it a chance. Episodes were aired out of order and would take huge breaks with little to no consistency. I believe one of the higher ups at the channel had a vendetta against the show from the get go. Syfy themselves have proclaimed that Farscape's cancelation was long in the cards before Tremors even aired it's first episode. Hell ratings were actually fairly solid from what I remember. I like the series myself though my least favorite episode is easily the Graboids Rights episode.
Didn't know that, got my info from wikipedia I think like 4-5 years ago, either shortly before or after getting the series on DVD and watching it for the first time.
Hate it when the channel tries to kill a show (Cartoon Network did the same thing with a couple DC shows like Young Justice and that CG Batman one).

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Hopefully they use practical effects again. The CGI and creature design in the 5th film was God awful

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote:I saw on the Wikipedia article on the series that a sixth film's scheduled for 2018. That's all I know about it, though.
The Wikipedia article finally revealed that the sixth film will probably be called Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell and that it'll come out this year.