Godzilla Misconceptions You Like To Clear Up

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla Misconceptions You Like To Clear Up

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

One misconception that i would like to clear up is... Well read my signature. All godzillas are male(ones we've seen in the movies). There used to be female godzilla's but we just havent seen them in the movies. His "sons" are adopted members of his species.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

For me, it would be the "Are SpaceGodzilla and Biollante Godzilla's Brother and Sister?" Misconception. While this is sort of correct, It's more accurate to call the duo 'imperfect clones' of Godzilla. I know fan artists and fan writers like to make them siblings for the sake of adding rivalry and character development, and they can create some rather good stuff from it, but some younger members of the fandom are taking this fanon as a fact.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

WeegeeZilla wrote:For me, it would be the "Are SpaceGodzilla and Biollante Godzilla's Brother and Sister?" Misconception. While this is sort of correct, It's more accurate to call the duo 'imperfect clones' of Godzilla. I know fan artists and fan writers like to make them siblings for the sake of adding rivalry and character development, and they can create some rather good stuff from it, but some younger members of the fandom are taking this fanon as a fact.
And if anything. SpaceGodzilla and Biollante are more of Godzilla's children then siblings from the fact they were made from his DNA similar to X-23 with Wolverine.

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

Even so, Dr. Shiragami suggests while observing Rose Biollante that she and Godzilla are "more than just brother and sister. They are made from the same cells. They are the same creature, only one is an animal, and the other is a plant.", thus cementing the whole clone origin.

In a related topic, I believe SpaceGodzilla's origin from Biollante is probably more likely than the Mothra theory, based on how the duo look similar to each other. SG's head design is basically a smaller version of Biollante's head with crystal augmentations, for example.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

That "Shin Godzilla is a microorganism", that really isnt true. He really is some sort of mysterious marine animal.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

One I'd like to clear up is something I have had happen with so many people. Bad special effects do not make the movie itself bad. And keep in mind, this is bad special effects in their opinion. They're talking about stuff like Jaws and Close Encounters. Just because you perceive the effects as bad doesn't mean the movie itself is bad, so just try and enjoy the movie. So many people keep pointing out the flaws over and over again. Give the movies a break!
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

GodzillaFanatic2001 wrote:One I'd like to clear up is something I have had happen with so many people. Bad special effects do not make the movie itself bad. And keep in mind, this is bad special effects in their opinion. They're talking about stuff like Jaws and Close Encounters. Just because you perceive the effects as bad doesn't mean the movie itself is bad, so just try and enjoy the movie. So many people keep pointing out the flaws over and over again. Give the movies a break!
I 220% agree. Effects do not make the movie.

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

GodzillaFanatic2001 wrote:One I'd like to clear up is something I have had happen with so many people. Bad special effects do not make the movie itself bad. And keep in mind, this is bad special effects in their opinion. They're talking about stuff like Jaws and Close Encounters. Just because you perceive the effects as bad doesn't mean the movie itself is bad, so just try and enjoy the movie. So many people keep pointing out the flaws over and over again. Give the movies a break!

THIS.

It's a bit like the Graphics vs. Gameplay debate - While having something which looks nice is nice, how something appears isn't everything. If a piece of media has an engaging storyline and characters, the special effects can actually take a back seat.

On the other hand, in some cases bad special effects can actually lighten up a bad or boring film. Around the time San Andreas released last year, the TV Miniseries 10.5 Apocalypse got shovelled onto DVDs in the UK in an attempt to make a quick buck. While 10.5 is predictable, boring and poorly written, the amazingly-poor special effects never stop me from smiling. The moment which takes the cake has to be where a helicopter can be seen flying around with its rotor blades not moving.

The Royal SCP
Yojimbo

Post by The Royal SCP »

It's atomic breath not fire breath! I know this is a common one, but it's worth bringing up!
The TRUE Royal SCP

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm sorry, but when this thread was bumped for the first time in six months, my first thought was "it's somebody griping about the atomic breath." And whaddaya know. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Shin Godzilla wasn't a multitude of tiny creatures that formed a single entity, it was a prehistoric sea creature that fed on radioactive waste and rapidly evolved.

It can now split itself into multiple organisms, but this is a completely new evolution.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:That "Shin Godzilla is a microorganism", that really isnt true. He really is some sort of mysterious marine animal.
Ah, you beat me to it mate :D

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Cybermat47 wrote:Shin Godzilla wasn't a multitude of tiny creatures that formed a single entity, it was a prehistoric sea creature that fed on radioactive waste and rapidly evolved.

It can now split itself into multiple organisms, but this is a completely new evolution.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:That "Shin Godzilla is a microorganism", that really isnt true. He really is some sort of mysterious marine animal.
Ah, you beat me to it mate :D
:D its all good.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

- That all incarnations of Godzilla are definitively confirmed to be dinosaurs (and not just an unspecified type of prehistoric reptile, there's a shitload of different non-dinosaurian reptile lineages the other versions of Goji could potentially belong to) and that all share the exact same origin story as the Heisei incarnation and are all mutated Godzillasauruses.

- That the male and female MUTO's are adaptations of existing Toho kaiju (IE: Rodan, Mothra, etc.).

- That Godzilla Junior is the same as either one of the incarnations of Godzilla featured in Godzilla 2000: Millennium and Godzilla: Final Wars.

- That Godzilla 2000: Millennium was made directly as a response to Toho disliking Godzilla (1998) and the same for Shin Godzilla and Godzilla (2014).

- That ShinGoji is an amalgamation of microorganisms like Hedorah and Destoroyah.

- That "Grand King Ghidorah" is the official name of the version of King Ghidorah featured in Rebirth of Mothra III and not just a fan-made one.

- That the material used to make Toho's kaiju suits is purely rubber and nothing else.

- The whole "double ending" myth of King Kong vs. Godzilla.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Monsterverse godzilla is not an intentional hero, and did not kill the M.U.T.O's to save humanity. They were a threat to his territory and his life. The humans being saved was just a side effect.

Also, that hurt me deeply, gerdzerl

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Monsterverse godzilla is not an intentional hero, and did not kill the M.U.T.O's to save humanity. They were a threat to his territory and his life. The humans being saved was just a side effect.

What did, exactly?

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Gerdzerl wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Monsterverse godzilla is not an intentional hero, and did not kill the M.U.T.O's to save humanity. They were a threat to his territory and his life. The humans being saved was just a side effect.

What did, exactly?
Just... Just that entire post, my dude. I am in infinite pain.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:

What did, exactly?
Pain from the fact that some people actually think all of those misconceptions are really true or pain from something else entirely?

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Gerdzerl wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:
What did, exactly?
Pain from the fact that some people actually think all of those misconceptions are really true or pain from something else entirely?
The former.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

They don't keep making remakes.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Wait, I thought Ghidorah was called Grand King Ghidorah in RoM3...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: