The Jurassic Park/World Series

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Jurassic Park Series (1-4)

Post by Godzilla165 »

Carnotaurus doesn't really have much to bring to the table when compared to the other theropods at this point. They'd have to do something major in order for Carno to be a big threat. Perhaps go the route of the Dinosaur movie, and have a pack of them. Have maybe one massive, Rex-sized leader, and a few other smaller ones.

#BotM

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Carnotaurs are at the perfect size to be as big and scary as a Rex but smaller and more mobile like a Raptor, I think.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Fair point. If Carnotaurus does turn out to be the main villain of JW2, then I'll be excited to see what type of possible genetic enhancements they give to it.

#BotM

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Godzilla165 wrote:Fair point. If Carnotaurus does turn out to be the main villain of JW2, then I'll be excited to see what type of possible genetic enhancements they give to it.
Camouflage for sure. It's mentioned in the lost world novel. if they don't have their cuttlefish abilities i'll chuck a chair.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I second the camo. Just hope the GA won't think they're ripping off the I. Rex.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

PRIMEVAL wrote:I second the camo. Just hope the GA won't think they're ripping off the I. Rex.

Hopefully if they give it to them they use it more then once, one of the biggest disappointments with I-Rex was he only used it once. It was such an awesome sequence too. I always thought it'd be cool if during the final battle with T-Rex it would blend in an Rex would have to use it's powerful sense of smell to seek it out.

Possibly if a group of Carnotaurus are given this ability an T-Rex has to bail them out something like this happens in the final battle.

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:Stygimoloch is interesting considering they could have just used Pachycephalosaurus.
Which is interesting, considering most people tend to be leaning towards Pachycephalosaurus being the adult of Stygimoloch, meaning Stygi is just a subadult Pachy.

So they literally could have just called them Pachys. :p
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:We have an additional 3 NEW Dinosaur's being confirmed for Jurassic World 2.

These dinosaurs include: Stygimoloch, Baryonyx, & Carnotaurus as well as a variety of returning faces from the Trex to Velociraptors.

Hell Yea to Carnotaurus, and i see Baryonyx will be the replacement for Spinosaurus it seems. Fair enough for me.

link - https://www.instagram.com/p/BTg4zccFRIa/
The link doesn't work for me, anyone have a mirror image?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's an idea for a twist : the lead young girl in the film turns out to have Dino DNA in her. That way the whole unused Dino/human hybrid idea from The previous film won't go to waste.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed May 17, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

LegendZilla wrote:Here's an idea for a twist : the lead young girl in the film turns out to have Dino DNA in her.
Please. Please no.

This is on the same array as the skullcrawlers becoming ghidorah.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Here's an idea for a twist : the lead young girl in the film turns out to have Dino DNA in her.
Please. Please no.

At least it will be a better twist than the Indominus turning out to be part raptor.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

LegendZilla wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Please. Please no.

At least it will be a better twist than the Indominus turning out to be part raptor.
Indominus being part raptor made way for a great action scene, advanced the story in a fun way and actually made sense with the genetic engineering background.

The main character being part dino would be tired, cliche, and just absolutely ridiculous. What reason would there be for her to have that? And how could it be a twist? No doubt a successful genetic human-dino transplant would result in saurian features.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: Please. Please no.

Indominus being part raptor made way for a great action scene, advanced the story in a fun way and actually made sense with the genetic engineering background.

The main character being part dino would be tired, cliche, and just absolutely ridiculous. What reason would there be for her to have that? And how could it be a twist? No doubt a successful genetic human-dino transplant would result in saurian features.
You must lament the fact that Laura in Logan was made from Wolverine's DNA.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed May 17, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

LegendZilla wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

You must lament the fact that Laura in Logan was made from Wolverine's DNA.
No, because that wasn't a twist. That was part of her character and plot. It also reversed the cliche.

I never actually saw logan, but i know enough lore to know that she could pull it off.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

The little girl becomes Ghidorah.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

http://jurassicoutpost.com/weve-got-sco ... assicjune/

Some very exciting news regarding future Jurassic Park merchandise. Let's hope Mattel knocks this out of the park.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

2004Zilla wrote:http://jurassicoutpost.com/weve-got-sco ... assicjune/

Some very exciting news regarding future Jurassic Park merchandise. Let's hope Mattel knocks this out of the park.
Sounds awesome. A shot in the dark, but I hope we get a good Indominus from this line.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Frank Marshall producer of the Jurassic Park series has posted a new photo on his Twitter promising ''Big News'' coming soon for Jurassic World 2.

Sound's good, can't wait for it.

https://twitter.com/LeDoctor/status/877 ... w-photo%2F

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I was totally right! Fallen Kingdom is the subtitle for the next Jurassic World.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

And the source for those who want it:
https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld/statu ... 2732426241