Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which is your favorite Y-MSF figure?

1. Hedorah
6%
2. Gabara
11%
3. Godzilla 1962
10%
4. Godzilla 1967 w/Minya
5%
5. Varan
6%
6. Rodan
6%
7. Godzilla 1965
11%
8. Godzilla 1968
2%
9. Manda
13%
10. Megalon
30%

Total votes: 125

KingKaiju
Futurian

Re: Y-MSF Figures Discussion Thread

Post by KingKaiju »

SpaceG92 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Where do you usually get these things?
Glorious Land of the Rising Sun -

or Tempting Toys
Gotcha! I look on ebay, but they're always ridiculously expensive.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KingKaiju wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Where do you usually get these things?
Glorious Land of the Rising Sun -

or Tempting Toys
Depending on your meaning of "ridiculously." Y-MSFs in general cost a lot more than your basic Bandai vinyl. Even their Ebirah, when first released via Tempting Toys with a paint scheme, cost about $70.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

They also tend to be more limited in their release so some figures go for a lot. I've been looking for the kumonga forever but can't find it for less then $100

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

MM Raids Again wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: Glorious Land of the Rising Sun -

or Tempting Toys
Depending on your meaning of "ridiculously." Y-MSFs in general cost a lot more than your basic Bandai vinyl. Even their Ebirah, when first released via Tempting Toys with a paint scheme, cost about $70.
I've seen a few pushing over $100. I don't know if that's normal or not, but figures outside of SHMA and X-Plus that are going for that much usualy have me scratching my head... Unless they're super rare or something, which I'm sure some of these are.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KingKaiju wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
I've seen a few pushing over $100. I don't know if that's normal or not, but figures outside of SHMA and X-Plus that are going for that much usualy have me scratching my head... Unless they're super rare or something, which I'm sure some of these are.
Y-MSF are produced on much smaller numbers. The colored variants (sold only via Tempting Toys) even more so. When they stop production on one, aftermarket prices skyrocket. I was even lucky to grab a Kumonga on E-Bay for about original price. You got to be patient and hunt when it comes to Y-MSF figures. What I'm currently doing as I look for a Y-MSF Godzilla 1967.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

MM Raids Again wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Y-MSF are produced on much smaller numbers. The colored variants (sold only via Tempting Toys) even more so. When they stop production on one, aftermarket prices skyrocket. I was even lucky to grab a Kumonga on E-Bay for about original price. You got to be patient and hunt when it comes to Y-MSF figures. What I'm currently doing as I look for a Y-MSF Godzilla 1967.
Oh okay, that makes sense then. I've always been fascinated with this company, but it seems a lot smaller and more obscure than the usual Bandai, NECA, and X-Plus

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KingKaiju wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Oh okay, that makes sense then. I've always been fascinated with this company, but it seems a lot smaller and more obscure than the usual Bandai, NECA, and X-Plus
It is.

Quote of the Year:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The Ghidorah Showa is looking SOOOO good.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Godzillian wrote:Update on the Y-MSF Ghidorah
Holy shit, that thing is beautiful. If the rest of the figure has that same amount of detail put into it, Showa Ghidorah is going to be Y-MSF's best figure yet.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Hopefully we get a release date or word if this, Biollante, or another kaiju will be the next release

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Sooo.... any more news on that Bagan Showa King Ghidorah?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Kaijunator wrote:Sooo.... any more news on that Bagan Showa King Ghidorah?
Nothing new. If you want to stay up to date join the Y-MSF FB page. The latest updates are posted there

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Re: All Prototypes All The Time! - YMSF

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

Really want to get that biogoji, as that suit is one of my favorites.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: All Prototypes All The Time! - YMSF

Post by Godzillian »

Display with some new Y-MSF prototypes

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

Bio prototype looks interesting, though difficult to see much.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

GCrusher wrote:Bio prototype looks interesting, though difficult to see much.

Never saw that Frankenstein before though...

Quote of the Year:

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Any news on possible upcoming figures?
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Holy crap!! That Biollante looks awesome.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

KingKaiju wrote:Holy crap!! That Biollante looks awesome.
They used the SHMA as a source. Hahaha.

Quote of the Year:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

MM Raids Again wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Holy crap!! That Biollante looks awesome.
They used the SHMA as a source. Hahaha.
No complaints here! That SHMA figure was badass!! My only regret is not using $200 of my tax return to buy one, that year... Now I'd be using my hwole tax return to get one. hahahahaha.