The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.

There's 13 so pick 6

Alien (1979)
19%
Aliens (1986)
14%
Predator (1987)
16%
Predator 2 (1990)
10%
Alien³ (1992)
4%
Alien Resurrection (1997)
4%
Alien vs. Predator (2004)
8%
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
2%
Predators (2010)
4%
Prometheus (2012)
4%
Alien Covenant (2017)
3%
The Predator (2018)
No votes
Prey (2022)
14%

Total votes: 114

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Alien and Predator Discussion Thread (1979-2012)

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Curse you, Ridley Scott! You've doomed our chances of getting that other Alien movie made!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Birdman wrote:Curse you, Ridley Scott! You've doomed our chances of getting that other Alien movie made!
Yeah this fucking sucks, why the hell couldn't Ridley keep his ass quiet and go retire! It's all his fault that other Alien movie got cancelled, and the worst part about all this is that sigourney weaver would have been in it! I fucking love sigourney weaver shes one of the reasons the alien movies are so dam cool, her presence is bad ass.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

They've actually been fairly positive. Currently 79% on RT.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_covenant
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I'm still waiting for this film, although it has mixed critics, most of them are actually positive ones!
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Yeah for sure, I'll still check it out in theaters even thou the reviews are mixed. Ohh....I was actually wrong about that earlier post saying all the xeno's are cgi, in an interview it was said there are some practical effects used for them.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Still could have CGI'd over them in post-production, like in Jurassic World
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Birdman wrote:Still could have CGI'd over them in post-production, like in Jurassic World
Unfortunately that will probably be the case with Covenant! :(
I hate Jurassic World so much, those cgi aerial shots of the park look terrible.

Added in 8 minutes 26 seconds:
Has it officially been stated what the strength levels are for these two? Like who actually is stronger? Both have shown off pretty extraordinary feats
No, nothing official has been stated on the strength level of either aliens- at least nothing I'am aware of.
Regardless-Wolf holding two xenos by the scruffs like angry kittens is ridiculous.
Last edited by godzilla5417 on Fri May 12, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Alien Covenant. Awesome movie.

Great sequel to Prometheus. People have enough information to connect the dots without explaining absolutely everything.

Official Alien Movie rankings-

Alien
Aliens
Alien: Covenant
Prometheus
Alien: Resurrection
Alien Vs Predator
Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem
Alien 2: On Earth
-
-
-
Alien 3

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Jeff-Goldblum1 wrote:Alien Covenant. Awesome movie.

Great sequel to Prometheus. People have enough information to connect the dots without explaining absolutely everything.

Official Alien Movie rankings-

Alien
Aliens
Alien: Covenant
Prometheus
Alien: Resurrection
Alien Vs Predator
Aliens Vs Predator: Requiem
Alien 2: On Earth
-
-
-
Alien 3
What!....really dude! putting Alien 3 below Alien 2: On Earth- an ITALIAN RIPOFF! Come on Alien 3 ain't that bad, David Fincher tried his hardest to make something out of a complete mess. Anyways hows the cgi in covenant? From what I have seen it looks kind of mediocre.
Also how much practical effects do they use?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Without spoiling me, does anyone know if Covenant has a mid or post credit scene?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Nothing of the sort, I'm afraid.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Alright thanks.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Saw Covenant today, and can safely say that as an Alien movie, it far exceeds what Prometheus tried to do. And was a better movie in general.
The last time an Alien film made me so tense was the first one.

So I concur with the 3rd place ranking.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

GIGAN05 wrote:Saw Covenant today, and can safely say that as an Alien movie, it far exceeds what Prometheus tried to do. And was a better movie in general.

I asked that other guy, but he hasn't answered! So I'am going to ask you-hows the cgi in the movie? Are there any practical effects used for the xeno's?

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

godzilla5417 wrote:
GIGAN05 wrote:Saw Covenant today, and can safely say that as an Alien movie, it far exceeds what Prometheus tried to do. And was a better movie in general.

I asked that other guy, but he hasn't answered! So I'am going to ask you-hows the cgi in the movie? Are there any practical effects used for the xeno's?

Ok
Spoiler:
As far as I can tell, no practical effects for our favorite bugs . But, the CGI is pretty damn good this time around.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

Ok
Spoiler:
As far as I can tell, no practical effects for our favorite bugs . But, the CGI is pretty damn good this time around.
Thanks mate, that's kind of sad to hear there were no practical effects used for the xenos.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Just saw the film.
What a great movie! It totally exceeded my initial thoughts (which were already good). Well done, Mr. Scott.
My new best to worst Alien films rating:
-Alien
-Alien: Covenant
-Prometheus
-Alien 3
-Aliens
-Alien: Resurrection
-AvP
-AvP: Requiem
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Our first look at the Predator in the upcoming movie.
Spoiler:
The next photo gives us our first look at the Predator Yautja race, in classic armor. Although the fact that these Predators seem to be aiding Keegan-Michael Key and Trevante Rhodes by riding on the Military vehicle raises some questions.
We were provided with plot details a few months back (but sadly had to remove them at the request of the studio) which explained that there will be two different Predators in the film; one of the classic variety and one which has been genetically modified and enhanced. From what we've gathered, the classic Predators will attempt to eradicate this abomination but may need to team up with the Human detachment to do so. However those details of teaming up remain cloudy. What we know for sure is that the film will involve two different types of Predator and that the one faction will indeed be sent on a mission to undo the genetic tampering of Human scientists.

http://www.predator4-movie.com/news/fir ... e-predator

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Hate to say but that Pred that is posing looks like a cosplay costume.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Godzilla21 wrote:Hate to say but that Pred that is posing looks like a cosplay costume.
I agree, but I want that pic to be true because I want the Preds to be portrayed as suits.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos