Rulers of Earth Cameos & Easter Eggs

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Rulers of Earth Cameos & Easter Eggs

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Title is self explanatory- Discuss all your favorite RoE Easter eggs that appear throughout the series.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Re: Rulers of Earth Cameos & Easter Eggs

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Oodako, Shokorius, Hedorah, two Ganimes, the Skeleturtle all make cameos. That's pretty much it, honestly.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

The half human monsters there too, and the gotengo, etc. Theres a lot

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

*cracks knuckles* Let's do this.
Chavez's desk in the first issue alone had loads of neat little stuff. Pictures of Gorosaurus, a model of the Atragon, a MechaGodzilla figure, etc.

Issue #3 had an "Ultra Convention" where a woman was cosplaying as a Xilian. The cover also had a miniature Super X.

Issue #4 has a jet pilot with "1964GTTHM" written on her helmet.

Issue #7, Lucy's laptop has the Science Patrol logo on it.

Issue #9, when the Shobijin are giving Lucy a exposition dump, there is a stone statue resembling Gabara on the shrine. We also see the Chief from Mothra vs Godzilla. Kamoebas is in the Gorosaurus/Megaguirus fight sequence, and on the cave drawings.

Issue #10, the cover has Gaira attacking Godzilla with an uprooted tree, reminiscent of King Kong vs Godzilla. In the mess hall where Lucy and Woods talk, a sign in the background has "MUTO" written on it. An oil truck has "1966" written on it's back.

Issue #11 opens with Baragon destroying the Arc de Triomphe. When the protags are monitoring the monster island inhabitants, we can see a snack box of "Red Bamboos."

Issue #13, in Lucy's dream sequence the dolphin toy from the opening of Godzilla vs Megalon appears on a sign. There's a panel where two of Lucy's friends are fiddling with an object on Monster Island, it looks like a flying saucer from one of the films (or an Ultra series maybe?) but I'm not sure which one.

Issue #15, in one panel the psychic twins are both wearing the same shades as X from Final Wars.

Issue #18, there is a boat named "Rita."

I'll finish this tomorrow.
EDIT: Ah hell, momma didn't raise no quitter.

Issue #20 all the Submarine numbers are the years of Godzilla movie releases, '64, '92 and '99.

Issue #22 has a coffee mug with "MFS 3' on it.

Issue #24 has a billboard advertising an "Orochi" movie.

Issue #25, in the last page, we can see a book written by a "Dr. Forrester" on Lucy's bookshelf. The document she's working on is also complete gibberish.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Are these cameos of the Oodako, the two Ganimes and the snowman from Half Human actual appearances of the kaiju themselves in the series or not? I have a list of all of the kaiju that have appeared in the IDW run and I'd like to know if I can add them to it. Please, give me more details a.s.a.p.! Also, what's the status on Minilla being in an IDW Godzilla story, i.e., are they going to use the 1960s version or the 2004 one, did they get the rights to use him, etc.?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

IDW isn't doing any new Godzilla comics...

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Okay, but I'd still like to know about the kaiju cameos in Rulers of Earth, so that I can find out whether to add them to my list or not. Also, how is the Oodako (giant octopus)'s name pronounced-oh-dako or ooh-dako? Please, I need details!
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

I got a people cameo in one of the issues. See if you can find me :)
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:IDW isn't doing any new Godzilla comics...
Is there any confirmation on this? Even my local comic book store doesn't know, and I've asked them lots of times.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

mikelcho wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:IDW isn't doing any new Godzilla comics...
Is there any confirmation on this? Even my local comic book store doesn't know, and I've asked them lots of times.
Godzilla: Rage Across Time finished in December. There's been nothing but dead air since then. I'm pretty confident that IDW's time with the license has run out.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I guess you guys are right- maybe the IDW run is dead. Pity. I would've loved to see what they would done with Minilla. But now, back to my post on May 6th. Could someone please answer my other two questions that I asked before? It would be great if I had some answers. Pretty please?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

mikelcho wrote:I guess you guys are right- maybe the IDW run is dead. Pity. I would've loved to see what they would done with Minilla. But now, back to my post on May 6th. Could someone please answer my other two questions that I asked before? It would be great if I had some answers. Pretty please?
I'll make a nice list of cameos later, but in regards to Oodako:

It's OO-DA-KO.

OO=Big
Dako is a corruption of Tako which means octopus in Japanese. Literally his name is just big octopus. I wouldn't include even the "h" in his name, and it's dragged out because おお=大. Each of those お=o. So it's two (o's).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Thanks a lot. So I figure that that's long o (ooh-dako), not short o (oh-dako). That helps a lot. Now all I need is the possible additions to the list...if the cameos previously mentioned are the actual monsters. If not, then my list is finished, I guess.

Added in 13 hours 1 minute 33 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish, have you forgotten to say whether or not the cameos you mentioned are the actual kaiju? I'd still like to find out so that I can update my list.

Added in 3 months 28 days 23 hours 31 minutes 18 seconds:
Hey LSD Jellyfish, any progress on the kaiju that I need to add to my list? It's been a long time since I heard from you.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The cameos are nothing more than Easter eggs. There's no official word on whether they're "the actual monsters" (???) or not.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Okay, thanks. I think that I can presume that my list of Toho kaiju that were in the IDW comics is complete. UPDATE: No, it's not! The Snowman from Half Human has just been found! Now, all they need to do is bring in Ganimes (to finish the SA trio), Minilla (the 2004 version), the Oodako, Dogora, Frankenstein (the Toho version) and Gabara (as a actual kaiju, not one from a dream world).
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.