BotM: New Beginnings Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BotM: New Beginnings Hub

Postby Godzilla165 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 pm

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Welcome all to the newest installment of the Battle of the Multiverse series: BotM: New Beginnings. That is right folks, BotM is back with a vengeance and bigger than ever before!!! Although Eternal Fracture did have its moments, and was a ton of fun... It sadly died off without receiving a proper end. The action became dominant over the actual story, and because of that, things eventually took a turn for the worse and became kind of a mess. This time, things are going to be different. Much different. This time, the story WILL BE the driving force of New Beginnings, with deep character arcs, interactions, drama, and a depth that Eternal Fracture was sorely lacking. The crazy, over-the-top, DBZ level action that BotM is known for will still be there. However, it'll have proper build up and context this time, and the fights will be properly spaced out. If Eternal Fracture was X-Men Origins: Wolverine, then New Beginnings is Days of Future Past.

The story of New Beginnings will be a direct sequel to Battle of the Multiverse, however; the story itself will just be a lot different from Eternal Fracture. I hope to see a ton of new faces join in, as well as the "veterans" who were apart of both stories up until now. I made many mistakes with Eternal Fracture, mates, and New Beginnings is exactly what the title says. It is a fresh new start with many lessons and new techniques learned. Let's all have a TON of fun with this, and let's finish the story that we'll all be telling here :). New Beginnings will take place one year after BotM, in case anyone was wondering.

-Each player can use as many character as they desire... but only if they can use ALL of them without dumping some on the back burner. Remember, a good story comes first.

- Characters can be any existing character, or OCs. Pretty much anything goes, but total omnipotence isn't allowed. Characters' powers, abilities and such should be kept within reason.

- Setting will definitely be flexible; as in previous games, we'll have the entire Multiverse to play with. It would suit my purposes best if we start out in some neutral, fictional location, though. No need to worry about taking real-world governments or whatever into account, if we go that route.

- We can have stories go in other directions, if we want, and develop our worlds and characters in more detail.

- Should go without saying, but players must acknowledge the actions of other players. Don't ignore an enemy attack or whatever just because it interferes with what you want to happen. Of course, if this rule is to be respected, then players need to keep their actions reasonable. No "Character X brutally murders every other character, lights a cigar, then heads off into the sunset. The End." kind of stuff.

- The action will of course be insane and over-the-top as stated previously. However, it will not be the driving force here. Each and every fight/battle will have a proper build up to have the tension and grandeur that it needs.

- NO SLOP. Now, what do I mean by that? Say for instance, one of your characters and one of mine are in the midst of a fight, right? Then suddenly, out of nowhere, character x from someone else comes in and starts kick boxing character z. That just makes the story sloppy, and messes up the flow, you know? Obviously we can interfere and engage in battles that have already begun (that's half of the fun in BotM), but just have some context to go along with that, okay ;)?

- Have fun and respect each other, mates. We're all friends here, and we don't need to be arguing and butting heads with one another. That was a problem in Eternal Fracture, and part of the reason why it died. A couple of cliched, but equally effective sayings incoming: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Treat people the way you'd would want to be treated.

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Age(if you want):
Appearance:
Powers/Abilities:
Weapons and Items:
Backstory( if you want):

Dante

Ubel

Daeva

Evron

Orochi

Aerowen

Demogorgon:

Edward Finders

May Okamoto

The Masked Madman

Kustrik the Deceiver

Jonathan "Sinister" Sinestra

Kiryu, The Multiverse Defender

Oscar Horbitor

Goldilocks

Frieza

Asgore Dreemurr

Connor Clennell

Kurenai Gai

Ultraman Zero

Collopius

Dodoria

Zarbon

Ginyu Force

Ermine

Lacrimosa

SHE

Lotus

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:40 am, edited 45 times in total.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Keizer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BotM: New Beginnings Hub

Postby JAGzilla » Mon May 01, 2017 6:27 pm

Oh, wow, this is sooner than expected. I was thinking this would come along in more like June or July. Well, my characters are more or less planned out, I guess, though they're ridiculously underpowered compared to yours. :lol:

I'll hold off on posting them until I see what other players are going to do, since I may need to upgrade them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Mon May 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Aye, I have to make a new cast since I intended for most, if not all of my characters to be killed off in EF.

Unless a piece of Cell survived

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Welcome aboard you two :). Yeah, I did original plan for this to release around late June, but seeing as I had finished everything, I decided to go ahead and put it out. Why hold something back if it's completely finished, no? I'm excited to see what everyone has in store, and there's no rush guys. By all means, take your time to flesh out your characters and make whatever tweaks you wish ;).

Cell can of course return, Missigno.

#BotM

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 pm

So, is this a reboot of the BotM verse, or did the events of the original happen here?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Postby MoarCrossovers » Mon May 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:25 am

Ninja'd. Sequel, but not finale. That's still being planned out ;). Think of this as a major event to the BotM verse. What happens here will forever shape the outcome of said finale, (which is merely an idea floating in the air for now).
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Postby Godzilla The King » Tue May 02, 2017 7:15 am

I'd much rather start over tbh, too many dropped threads if we continue. Too many things I can't get over.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:21 am

This is essentially starting over. The first BotM is merely a basis for the main and established characters. As said in the bio, this is a completely new story with new ideas, arcs, characters etc. After Eternal Fracture died off, New Beginnings is, as the title suggests, a new start for the series. The first installment still exists, and our central characters are still established, but everything else is basically brand new.

EDIT: If anyone has any possible suggestions of how they'd think certain aspects of the story should go, don't hesitate to PM me and let me know, or post said thoughts here.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Tue May 02, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Postby Godzilla The King » Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 am

It depends. I might have things to discuss

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:51 pm

It is time to bring the old crew back...

Name: Demogorgon
Title: Tyrant of the Abyss
Species: Demon
Length: 30 meters (50 if counting tails)
Wingspan: 40 meters
Weight: 45 tons

Appearance: Demogorgon is a titanic aerial creature that takes on the rough appearance of a manta ray. The underside is adorned with a skull-like pattern, the eyes on it blazing with hellfire. On each wing is an additional eye that houses several tentacles. A pair of long, twisting tails flows behind Demogorgon. In human guise, she is a tall, tomboyish individual with long raven hair and one eye missing. Her choice of clothes is of a darkened tattered cloak. However, she can alter various aspects of her human form as a means of disguise...

Personality: Demogorgon is an oddity among demons. She is a power hungry monster who cares little about those around her unless they are allies she is well acquainted with, or a means to an end. Yet, her desire for power has been curbed in recent times, and she happily rules a more grounded empire than many of the demon in Hell would desire. Once she served Raspaganje for countless eons, but now is her won master, and the self proclaimed ruler of Earth. She is long suffering, but even she has her patience.
Powers:

Wind Tunnel: Demogorgon can inhale vast quantities of air at once, sucking in human sized foes into her stomach should they not be careful. Likewise, she can also exhale powerful gusts of wind.

Eye Lasers: Channeling demonic energy into the eyes on each of her wings, Demogorgon can fire powerful beams of energy that can send foes reeling back with unholy energy

Tentacles: Should a foe try to get too close to her, tentacles spread out from around the base of the wing eyes, attacking and swatting foes away.

Energy Balls: Demogorgon can spew forth fireballs of demonic energy upon her foes at incredible numbers.

Flight: Demogorgon can fly at a leisurely speed of mach 4, thanks to her manipulating her own gravity field.

Telepathy: Demogorgon can speak into the minds of others, but would much rather speak orally.

Negative Energy: A trait long remembered from her deceased master, Demogorgon can control Negative Energy, a power not of this reality that is harmful to mortals. She uses this to control thralls of undead to her will, and subject others to endless torture or even transformation

Human Form: Like most demons, Demogorgon can assume a more human form at will.

Weaknesses: Electricity and chilled air do not mesh well with Demogorgon. Likewise, Holy Magic from angels and gods wreck havoc on the demon.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Accepted, Gira :). Can't wait to see what type of smart ass things Demmy has to say this time around :P.

#BotM

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 am

Name: Edward Finders/ The Machine
Species: Human/ Cyborg
Height: 6ft 4in
Weight: 225 lbs in muscle.
Appearance: He is a muscular man, he seems to be built in peak strength. He has blond hair and blue eyes that seem to watch every movement. He generally wears whatever he can find.

Personality: The Machine describes him perfectly at times, he gets sucked into his work and does not emote that much. Once your pierce this layer, a different person cones out. Ed is generally nice to everyone and even helps out those who most wouldn't. Some think it's him making up for his past.

Powers:
He is far beyond what a human can do in terms of agility and strength.

As most Natarian cyborgs, he has a regenerative property. Metals bones, too.

Increased reflexes.

Has different modes of visions, almost akin to the Predator.

Weakness: EMP fields can disable his nanomachines for a moment, leaving him vulnerable. Plasma weaponry can burst through faster than his nanomachines can heal.

Name: May Okamoto/ Yang (demon form.
Species: Human with an Angel and a demon fighting over her.
Height: 5ft 8inches
Weight: ???

Appearance: May has dark hair and dark eyes, but generally she looks pretty happy. She has a small, slender build to her. She's obviously of Asian descent with both her looks and name.

Personality: May is generally a normal except for one little thing...she has an angel and demon fighting for control over her body. This demon is also the spawn of Satan...literally Despite this fact, she is usually the nicest of the group, generally she is the one to rescue people. She is also stubborn, when she gets an idea in her head, she is going to do it, no matter what they say. She has to control her emotions though, too many negative ones and she turns into Yang. Yang is like a dark reflection of her personality, each level he gets crazier and stronger.

Powers
Telepathy
Telekinesis
Energy blasts
Yang Transformation
Level 1: More brutal than May, but generally still on the side of good.
Level 2: The insanity goes up in this form, this form is not good or evil, it just does what it wants.
Level 3: This form is insane, in a funny way. He can warp people's perception and make it look like he's a reality warper.
Level 4: Pure evil.

Weakness: When in Yang form, he is weak to Holy objects. In normal May form, she is weak to most things humans are, she is only slightly more durable.

Now for the villain...and Kustrik

Name: The Masked Madman
Species: Human (?)
Height:6'0"
Weight: 180lbs
Appearance: A man wearing a dark coat that covers most of his body, minus the mask. A pale wooden mask imitating the face with a crude smile carved into it. His limbs are long and his movements are puppetlike and unnatural.
Personality: He's obssessed with games, so much so that he sees life as nothing but a game and we are the players. He is sadistic in this game, willing to do almost anything in order to succeed. He is a master of manipulating people's emotions and behavior, yet he almost never raises his voice above a calm whisper. He is determined to achieve his goal, where everyone is free from the game, whatever that means.
Powers: He can possess others with copies of his mask, he melts into "tar" when damaged but quickly regenerates. Teleportation and the ability to use whip like strings as weapons. Energy blasts too.

Weakness: He is weak to demonic energy such as Yang. Another thing is although immortal, he is not particularly strong and could possibly be contained if against a smart foe.

Name:Kustrik the Deceiver
Title: Demon Lord of the Third Era, Knight of Samael and Lord of Truth and Lies
Species: Demon
Description: Kustrik in his "true" form wears a pelt of armor similar to a viking's. His helmet has huge horns that spiral downwards, or are they his own? He has no features in this form, his face a blank shade. In his human form, he takes form as a older man with dark hair and red eyes. A very refined look, he wears a red suit.
Personality: Fitting of one with the name Deceiver, Kustrik is not one to trust. He loves tricking people and takes great pleasure in it. He will do anything to win a battle and he credits that as the reason he has survived for so long.
Height: 6'5" in human form, 8ft in his "true" form.

Weapons: Two daggers forged out of the demonic metals. Ingraved on them are the words "Truth" and and "Lies" in the language of the demons. He also carries a shadowy sword, a dark reflection of swords like Exaclibur.
Powers: Being the Deceiver, Kustrik can disappear into shadow, to hide from his enemies. He also has mid level pyrokinesis. His true power is his ability to trick almost anyone, if their will is weak enough.

Name: Jonathan "Sinister" Sinestra
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 185lb
Abilities: Is a master in a few martial arts and has extensive military training, Sinister is a force to be reckoned with.
Weakness: He's a normal human being. Tells you enough?
Personality: Sinister is an interesting being, he's a moral man willing to do immoral things for the greater good. Or he used to be, working with the Champions and being possessed by Kustrik made him realize the reality of the situation. He's a snarky one,
Appearance: Sinister does not look his age, minus a few gray spots in his hair and a few wrinkles here and there. He dresses nice usually with some nice suits and the like but he does have his military gear that allows him to survive.

Added in 40 seconds:
The Ten and the Riverman will be back too.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 am

All excepted, GTK. Good to see both Kustrik and Sinister back :).

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Postby Missingno. » Wed May 03, 2017 10:34 am

So... This in effect is disregarding all of Eternal Fracture?

Even if it is so, I think I should stay out of this one, honestly. I do have a tendency to jump the gun; and using unoriginal war gods would not help the matter.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:20 pm

#BotM

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Postby RamshackleRanger » Wed May 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Well, I haven't been in this series since the disaster that was my goat characters in the original, but I hope this character works. If it's too OP, i'll be happy to make revisions, but there are things I'm not willing to reveal yet that may balance him out. ;)

Also, if anyone has a summary of the past events necessary for my knowledge, that would be great.

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Wed May 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Hm. My characters actually would've been about average, here. I say that in the past tense because, having given it some thought, I've tossed my old ideas out and gone with somebody a little better-equipped to compete at something approaching Ninja levels. Almost. :lol: He's sort of a fantasy, Viking-esque king with magic armor/weapons and a dragon to ride around on. I'll get a bio cobbled together and post it somewhere in the next few days.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:07 pm

#BotM

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Postby BlueGojira » Thu May 04, 2017 2:23 am

NAME: Kiryu, The Multiverse Defender

HEIGHT: 20 Meters (65 Feet)

WEIGHT: 90,000 Tons

APPEARANCE: Kiryu mostly resembles this: http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/images/kiryu03.htm , with a slightly slimmer body structure with more humanoid features. It also has a bulkier chest with a glowing orange nuclear reactor core and many wires attached to its outer neck that run down its back. Like its height suggests, it is also significantly shorter than its actual counterpart in order for it to interact with other beings.

POWERS/ABILITIES: Type 90 Maser blasters in mouth, Twin Laser cannons mounted on each arm, able to morph either hand into a rotating drill which can also fire Maser blasts from its tip, Rocket Boosters which can propel Kiryu up to 80 miles per hour, Rocket launchers on shoulders and knees which can fire ten at a time, Escape pods located in its chest in case of an emergency, able to travel through the multiverse as well as space and time using its core, able to self destruct and cause an explosion capable of destroying a planet, and having sentience as well as the ability to think and verbally communicate.

BACKSTORY: In an alternate universe from this one, a highly intelligent race of lifeforms attempted to create the ultimate bioweapon of a creature codenamed "PROJECT GOJIRA" in attempts to conquer all civilization and rule over it. Once created, the dinosaur-like alien monster formed from several chemical and DNA experiments went on a rampage and destroyed all known civilization with no weapon being able to stop it. Eventually realizing their mistake due to most of them also dying from the monster, the creators formed another weapon which destroyed their planet's atmosphere and reduced everything to a massive graveyard of skeletons. With no atmosphere or gravity, the gargantuan skeletal remains of the creature floated into the depths of space and continued to do so for centuries on end..

Meanwhile, the remains of the hybrid monster finally found another planet, surviving its burning atmosphere and crashing onto the place known as Earth. Many groups of just-as-evolved and advanced humans found the remains, right around the time Aerowen started her rule across the entire multiverse, humans easily became aware. They took the skeletal remains, reviving them by building a mechanical shell around it with the largest arsenal and intelligence possible. It was the first sentient lifeform that wasn’t carbon based. Kiryu quickly gained information of the oncoming invasion of the multiverse, and swore to protect it. His current whereabouts are unknown.

-----

I feel like this was a bit rushed, and maybe somewhat too far off from the original Kiryu? I don't know, I just felt like I could have done better on this. Let me know what you think, '65.

Return to “RPG Forum”