Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Re: Kaiju Profile: Godzilla FF

Post by BlueGojira »

LukidonU wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:
LukidonU wrote: I Am A Fan Of WikiZilla So That's ashy, Plus This Isn't A Fanfiction, Its A Profile Of Godzilla

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:

But If It Should Be Moved, Than So It Shall Be Moved, But How xD?

It's still fan related material, and therefore should be moved to a section with others like it. And this isn't a profile on Godzilla, it's your interpretation of your own Godzilla. It can also be moved by being reposted on that thread, and deleted here.
Sense I'm New Here How Do I Delete Exactly?
Since I'm actually not a moderator, I'm not sure. Ask somebody like KaijuX.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Another idea sparked in my mind, under the working title - Godzilla vs. Eris: Human Mutation Strategy

Rough storyline:
A young and curious scientist named Ellis Thorne discovers some DNA of Godzilla's cells and foolishly attempts to inject such into herself, believing that she would gain immunity to radiation illness. But soon enough, she begins to suffer side effects (from loss of hair and weight to a rather quicker growth in size than normal) and soon enough goes missing.

A few years later, reports start to pour in of an unknown humanoid yet "Godzilla-esque" creature being spotted. While some claimed that this creature was created by Ellis Throne, an old friend of hers (Dr. Takegami) is convinced that it is Ellis herself. Unfortunately, Ellis (or 'Eris' as they call her now) no longer remembers who she once was and soon wreaks havoc and goes on a rampage. So it's up to Godzilla himself to stop this hybrid.

That's my idea so far. What do any of you think?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

So, like, are you ever actually gonna make a story or just keepdoing ideas? Trust me, as someone who has a lot of stored ideas, if you don't choose one and get cracking you'll never get around to it.

As for the idea above, its pretty cliche. Not gonna judge a book by it's cover, but there doesn't seem to be a lot you can do with it.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:So, like, are you ever actually gonna make a story or just keepdoing ideas? Trust me, as someone who has a lot of stored ideas, if you don't choose one and get cracking you'll never get around to it.

As for the idea above, its pretty cliche. Not gonna judge a book by it's cover, but there doesn't seem to be a lot you can do with it.
Just wanted to see what other people may think of whatever I come up with to see if they may work or not. Besides, College makes me occasionally busy and even then, I don't how to properly project my ideas through detailed writing. I'm not exactly professional material tbh.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

SonOfGorgo wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:So, like, are you ever actually gonna make a story or just keepdoing ideas? Trust me, as someone who has a lot of stored ideas, if you don't choose one and get cracking you'll never get around to it.

Just wanted to see what other people may think of whatever I come up with to see if they may work or not. Besides, College makes me occasionally busy and even then, I don't how to properly project my ideas through detailed writing. I'm not exactly professional material tbh.
Of course, but its always better to write an idea(even if its only a little bit at a time, or unprofessional) than constantly come up with new ones.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Of course, but its always better to write an idea(even if its only a little bit at a time, or unprofessional) than constantly come up with new ones.
To be fair, I kind of already started.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12133034/1/Anguirus-2000

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

SenseiTeriyakiV is right though. Your largest output so far has been paragraph blurbs on ideas, and that small intro for your story setup. It's hard for a reader to read work when all you have are little ideas written out.

The best advice I can give here honestly, is to just focus on one of them. There's nothing wrong with coming up with ideas, but you'll get nowhere if you come up with a whole bunch, and then wait for someone to go "Hold up, I really really like this one." I went through two different ideas when I was in here, starting them and getting nothing before Kaiju and Kaijin took off. Focus on one, and work on it. If Anguirus 2000 is the one you're working on, stop posting ideas and work on it. Make it a five hundred word first chapter, a thousand words, make it however long out you can. Practice is the best key to writing, and you're wasting time on waiting with these idea generating posts instead of focusing and working on something. We all have dozens of ideas we've started privately, but it depends on you to make them bigger, flesh them out, give them life.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

DinoMaster wrote:SenseiTeriyakiV is right though. Your largest output so far has been paragraph blurbs on ideas, and that small intro for your story setup. It's hard for a reader to read work when all you have are little ideas written out.

The best advice I can give here honestly, is to just focus on one of them. There's nothing wrong with coming up with ideas, but you'll get nowhere if you come up with a whole bunch, and then wait for someone to go "Hold up, I really really like this one." I went through two different ideas when I was in here, starting them and getting nothing before Kaiju and Kaijin took off. Focus on one, and work on it. If Anguirus 2000 is the one you're working on, stop posting ideas and work on it. Make it a five hundred word first chapter, a thousand words, make it however long out you can. Practice is the best key to writing, and you're wasting time on waiting with these idea generating posts instead of focusing and working on something. We all have dozens of ideas we've started privately, but it depends on you to make them bigger, flesh them out, give them life.
I understand.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

The Kiryuverse Timeline (rough draft)

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Auther's Note: This is a rough draft based on my expanding of the established timeline of the Godzilla Kiryu Saga (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo SOS). In it, I include more kaijus from Toho films and otherwise, birthdates of certain human characters, and references to certain monster films as well. As I might've stated, this isn't a complete draft, I'm posting this so you people can view it and critique such so I can gain some tips, advice and other ideas for improving before I plan to post this on FanFiction.Net
So here goes:

Original timeline from Toho:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/god ... 1012072444

The Kiryuverse Timeline (rough draft):
542,000,000 BC - A species of crustacean that lived in colonies on the ocean floor exists at around this time. In approximately 542 million years, one of these colonies would become Destoroyah...

1905 AD - Dr. Kyohei Yamane was born on 12th March.

1924 - Dr. Daisuke Serizawa was on 26th December.

1930 - Hideto Ogata was born on 29th April.

1926 - Dr. Shinichi Chujo was born on 12th August.

1932 - Emiko Yamane (Daughter of Dr. Kyohei Yamane) was born on 7th March.

1937 - Future Japanese Prime Minister Machiko Tsuge was born on 1st January.

1941 - Hyodo Dobashi was born on 2nd April.

1942 - Future Japanese Prime Minister Hayato Igarashi was born on 11th August.

1944 - A "Godzillasaurus" was discovered on Lagos Island, where it "helped" the Japanese army by attacking US landing forces. The dinosaur, however, was terribly injured in the conflict and was left to die after the Japanese pull out. Soon after, the dinosaur fled the island to swim to the Bering Sea where it would rest for the next 25 years.

1951 - JXSDF Chief Ichiyanagi was born on 19th October.

1954 - Kaori Yamada was born on 14th January.

1954 - A giant 50-metre tall amphibian dinosaur dubbed Godzilla was awakened and mutated by the radioactivity from an H-bomb test, attacked Japan and completely destroyed the country's capital city of Tokyo. The beast was finally killed by the Oxygen Destroyer, a device invented by Dr. Daisuke Serizawa. The doctor, however, sacrificed himself and died with the King of the Monsters in order to insure that his device would never be used again.

1955 - Anguirus, a creature reminiscent of the Ankylosaurus, was spotted on Iwata Island. In response to this, Monarch was founded by various agents and scientists from Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States among other nations to observe and study MUTOS (Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms), alternatively known as Kaijus. The Anti-Megalosaurus Force (AMF) was also founded by members of Japanese Self-Defence Force in order to protect their nation from potential future attacks from any and all monsters.

1956 - Tokumitsu Yuhara was born on 18th April.

1956 - A mining town in Japan was besieged by giant insects called Meganulon (which scientists believe to have evolved from the Meganeura) that butchered and fed on the miners. However, the mine soon yields two more monsters: giant pteranodon-esque creatures called Rodan, who ate all the Meganulon and flew around the world at supersonic speeds. The two creatures then landed in Japan and attacked. The JSDF initiated an attack against the Rodans by causing an eruption of Mt. Aso. One of the Rodans fell into the lava and it's mate soon joined it, and the two creatures died together.

1957 - Shinji Akamatsu was born on 21st May.

1958 - A monster dubbed Varan was discovered in Siberia and attacked the countryside of Japan, but was eventually slain by the AMF.

1960 - A colossal moth-esque deity known as Battra awakened in the Sea of Okhotsk. It was spotted by various Russian fishermen, but soon vanished back into the ocean.

1961 - Two small fairies called the Shobijin were discovered on the irradiated Infant Island, and were stolen. Their insect goddess Mothra hatched and crawled to Tokyo to save them. The giant larva then built a cocoon and transformed into its adult form. It then finally located her small priestesses and took them back to Infant Island.

1962 - An team of explorers assigned by Monarch travelled to Antarctica, only to discover a mighty walrus-like creature dubbed Maguma.

1963 - The ancient civilisation of Mu prepared to attack the modern world, along with their sea dragon Manda. However, the advanced submarine, the Gotengo, intervened and saved humanity. Manda was ultimately defeated, trapped within a thick layer of ice from the Gotengo's Absolute Zero cannon

1964 - An alien creature known as Dogora appeared before Earth and began to feed on supplies of coal and diamonds. Soon enough, it was defeated with the use of wasp venom.

1964 - JXSDF Colonel Kou Togashi was born on 4th November.

1965 - A humanoid dubbed Frankenstein after the infamous scientist was seen feeding in the streets of Hiroshima. After growing into a stature of 20 metres, he fought the dinosaur-esque Baragon and emerged victorious. However, the Frankenstein monster confronted a giant octopus called Oodako and ended up getting dragged into the ocean, never to be seen by human eyes again.

1966 - Two giant humanoid monsters named Gaira and Sanda emerged. Believed to have been created from the cells of the Frankenstein monster that appeared the previous year, the two Gargantuas fought in Tokyo, but were eventually killed in a volcanic eruption.

1967 - A giant ape called King Kong was discovered on Mondo Island, along with a large assortment of other creatures: such as Gorosaurus as well as giant sea serpents. A maniacal terrorist/scientist under the identity of "Dr. Hu" created a robotic clone of Kong called Mechani-Kong. The two monsters battled in Tokyo and King Kong emerged victorious. Kong then killed the robot's inventor and returned home.

1968 - The great shrimp Ebirah, the giant condor Ookonduru, the massive spider-esque Kumonga and various mantis-like creatures dubbed Kamacuras were discovered on Solgell Island.

1969 - The Godzillasaurus that was discovered on Lagos Island 25 years prior was soon spotted once again among the shores of St. Lawrence Island, having grown from 12 metres to over 33 metres tall. Just then, time travelers from 2213 arrived on the island and teleported the dinosaur to the bottom of the Izu Trench in an attempt to prevent Godzilla's creation within the next decade.

1970 - Various monsters was discovered and sighted in Sergio Island: a squid-like monster called Gezora, two crab-like creatures known as Ganimes, and a turtle-like kaiju dubbed Kamoebas. The monsters went onto a collision course, but the three soon enough met their ends as they stumbled into an erupting volcano, bringing their otherwise brief battle to a halt.

1972 - A creature emerged from the moon's surface and quickly flew down to Earth. Upon landing, the creature was spotted and dubbed Redmoon. Almost simultaneously, another monster appeared from Habu Island, located in the Okinawa chain. This second creature was given the name Erabus. The Japanese Self Defence Force decided that the appearance of the two kaiju is a perfect opportunity to lead the monsters together so that they would kill one another. The plan was a success, as they were able to lure the two monsters together; however, instead of fighting the two monsters mated, as it was discovered that Redmoon and Erabus were male and female of the same species. Shortly after mating, Erabus gave birth to a small creature called Hafun.

1973 - An expedition organised by Monarch was set for Mondo Island where King Kong was said to be located. This time, more strange creatures have been discovered on the island: such as Skullcrawlers, Sker Buffaloes and Psychovultures among various other species of kaijus. It's also here that a new subcategory of kaijus has been established dubbed 'Florafauna'; creatures that either disguise themselves as plantlife, or have

1974 - King Caesar emerged in Okinawa Island as he defended it from aliens from a planet called Garuga.

1974 - Yoshito Chujo (Nephew of Dr. Shinichi Chujo) was born on 18th October.

1975 - Kiryu Operator Kyosuke Akiba was born on 16th January.

1975 - Titanosaurus was created by the mysterious Dr. Shinzo Mafune. Soon after, the strange scientist went missing, as did the Titanosaurus.

1975 - JXSDF 1st Lieutenant Kenji Sekine was born on 6th May.

1978 - JXSDF Lieutenant Akane Yashiro was born on 12th June.

1980 - JXSDF Lieutenant Azusa Kisaragi was born in 3rd February.

1980 - JXSDF 2nd Lieutenant Susumu Hayama was born on 2nd April.

1982 - Dr. Kyohei Yamane passed away on 11th February.

1982 - Twenty years after its first encounter, Maguma appeared once again. Another team of explorers from Monarch set out to pursue this creature to little success.

1985 - Members of the Japanese public on Kujuukuri Beach spotted what seemed to be a surviving member of the Liopleurodon genus.

1987 - Another member of the Kamoebas species was spotted near the Island of Guam.

1989 - Sara Yuhara (Daughter of Tokumitsu Yuhara) was born on 25th February.

1989 - A large amphibian rat-like creature was sighted in Lake Ashinoko. This crature would eventually be dubbed 'Deutalios' by Monarch scientists and experts.

1990 - Over 30 years after his initial appearance, Battra returns having evolved from its larva state to its imago form. It flew all the way to the Himalayas where another ancient monster called Bagan happened to have broken free from his glacial prison. The beast was eventually and finally dispelled by Battra and the world was left in peace once more.

1992 - Merely 2 years after his last appearance, Battra returns once again to fight an evergrowing alien dubbed Orga.

1994 - Shun Chujo (Nephew of Yoshito Chujo and grandson of Dr. Shinichi Chujo) was born on 19th October.

1996 - 40 years since their first appearance, the Meganulon had returned. Many hid in the sewers of Osaka and eventually meta-morphed and hatched into dragonfly-esque creatures called the Meganula. Megaguirus, a fully-grown form of the Meganula.

1997 - Another 5 years had passed since his last appearance, Battra returns seemingly for the last time as Dagahra emerged.

1998 - An iguana-esque creature, mutated by nuclear tests in French Polynesia arrived in New York City. There, the monster, dubbed "GINO" (Godzilla In Name Only) laid over 200 eggs in Madison Square Garden. The creatures soon hatched and attempted to escape, but were killed when the building was bombed. GINO then emerged and attacked in revenge, but was lured to the Brooklyn Bridge, where it was entangled in the suspension cables and killed by three F-18 Hornets. However, one egg survived the bombing and soon hatches into another GINO.

1998 - Emiko Yamane (Daughter of Dr. Kyohei Yamane and wife of Hideo Ogata) passed away on 5th November.

1999 - 45 years after the first Godzilla attack, a second Godzilla emerged and raided Tateyama, Japan. In retaliation, the Japanese government passed a bill for the creation of a new weapon designed to kill the beast. The JSDF recovered the skeleton of the original Godzilla from the bottom of Tokyo Bay, and scientists successfully extracted living stem cells from the corpse. With a powerful DNA computer ready, and the skeleton to be used for structure, work began on the construction of a cybernetic Godzilla robot, a "MechaGodzilla", to be used to eradicate the new Godzilla for good.

2003 - After four years of hard work, "MechaGodzilla" was created with the bones and DNA of Godzilla and was finally completed. The 60-metre tall cyborg, which was nicknamed Kiryu, was armed with a powerful Absolute Zero Cannon capable of firing a ray that freezes any target to 0 degrees Kelvin. Just around the time the robot was completed, Godzilla returned and landed in Japan. Kiryu was deployed to fight the creature off, but before it could fire it's Absolute Zero Cannon, Godzilla roared and the spirit of the original Godzilla within the machine awakened and control of Kiryu was lost. As Godzilla escaped, Kiryu went berserk and attacked the city itself, just as the soul inside had done 49 years earlier. Thankfully, the robot's power supply ran out after two hours, but the city was in ruins. When Godzilla attacked again several weeks later, it was only with extreme reluctance that Japan's Prime Minister deployed Kiryu again. The two monsters duked it out in Tokyo, and Kiryu finally succeeded in grabbing Godzilla and flying him out to sea. Just as the two hit the water, Kiryu fired Absolute Zero. While the water around is frozen solid, Godzilla surfaced still alive, but not without a large wound in it's chest. As Godzilla swam out to sea, Kiryu also surfaced, but is in bad shape, having lost it's Absolute Zero Cannon and one of it's arms. Kiryu was salvaged and brought back to base for repairs.

2004 - One year after the battle between Godzilla and Kiryu, the machine was still undergoing extensive repairs. Godzilla wasn't been seen since the battle. However, the signs of the beast's return ere mounting: the lifeless body of the turtle Kaiju Kamoebas (the very same specimen that appeared back in 1987, 17 years prior) washed up on the coast of Japan with deep wounds in its neck. The monster Mothra also reemerged, and her twin fairies, relatives of the Shobijin discovered on Infant Island in 1961, warn mankind that the bones of Godzilla contained within Kiryu must return to the sea, for no man may touch the souls of the dead. However, Kiryu was prepared for battle anyway, but Godzilla raided before the final checkup was complete. However, the grandson of Dr. Chujo, the man who had helped to save the Shobijin 43 years earlier, summoned Mothra to the city, and the guardian monster engaged Godzilla in battle. Unfortunately, the elderly insect began to lose the upper hand, and far away on a pacific island, the egg of Mothra hatched and two larvae emerged and began to swim to Tokyo. Back in the city, Kiryu was finally launched and once again engaged Godzilla. The larvae soon arrived as well, just in time to see their mother die at the hands of Godzilla. The two young Mothras then attacked their mother's murderer, and Kiryu continued it's attack. Soon, Kiryu got close enough to Godzilla to stab the beast in the wound opened by the Absolute Zero Cannon the year before, and Godzilla began to weaken. The larvae then covered Godzilla in silk, and the beast fell helplessly to the ground, but not before letting out one last roar. Kiryu once again reverted to its "Godzilla-side", and, operating on it's own, lifted Godzilla out to sea and sank itself with its organic rival in the Japan Trench. The soul of the original Godzilla could then finally rest in peace. The Mothra larvae left Tokyo, and the human race was left safe. However, in a lab somewhere in Japan, the DNA of Godzilla still remained in a special vault, and another coming of the creature was all but inevitable...

...And that's my first initial draft for the Kiryuverse Timeline. Hopefully you enjoyed it. Please feel free to express your thoughts and constructive criticism in the comment section down below. Thank you.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by MothraRocks »

SO, after a long abscence from this place, I've decided to get back into writing and give it another go. At first I was unsure of what kind of story to write, and I wracked my brain thinking, so I went back to my old FF's to gain inspiration and saw a few had been deleted. Initially bummed out, I quickly realized this presented an opportunity, so I was thinking of... wait for it... wait just a little longer...wee bit long...

GMK: Three More (revised)

From those who were around back then, this was the first ever story I put on here back in '11, and I see now that it's gone. Sadly it's not on my computer, and I can't remember all the details, but that gives me a chance to re-write with a slightly different storyline and an improved writing style. Anyone think it would be a good idea (considering it doesn't exist anywhere anymore)?

For those new readers and writers, it's a relatively straight forward plot as the title suggests, but expands to a much larger universe eventually ;)

(Not to mention I'm pretty sure I still have the banners for those stories laying around somewhere).
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that Ghidorah or even Destoroyah could exist in this time one?

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote:Is it possible that Ghidorah or even Destoroyah could exist in this time one?
If you're referring to my Kiryuverse Timeline, those are more or less my ideas. Basically, among my various ideas set in the Kiryu Saga universe/continuity, two are titled Godzilla Against King Ghidorah and Godzilla Against Destoroyah.

DinoMaster
G-Force Personnel

Post by DinoMaster »

You see, I'd be impressed (Considering this is the largest thing I've seen come from you), but most of this is a retread of the original timeline with a few alterations to try and blend some of the other films that were directly associated with Godzilla, or related in other universes with K:SI. The thing becomes pointless then. And, like nearly every idea you've had so far, is it going to do anything more than just sit here? Why should we pay attention to something that's only slightly different than before.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

DinoMaster wrote:You see, I'd be impressed (Considering this is the largest thing I've seen come from you), but most of this is a retread of the original timeline with a few alterations to try and blend some of the other films that were directly associated with Godzilla, or related in other universes with K:SI. The thing becomes pointless then. And, like nearly every idea you've had so far, is it going to do anything more than just sit here? Why should we pay attention to something that's only slightly different than before.
Think of it as an experiment. But to be fair, I can never tell if I'm writing a story correctly and properly on my own tbh.

Added in 7 minutes 58 seconds:
Truth is, I got too many ideas in my head that I don't know which one I should start off with, nor which are good or bad.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
DinoMaster wrote:You see, I'd be impressed (Considering this is the largest thing I've seen come from you), but most of this is a retread of the original timeline with a few alterations to try and blend some of the other films that were directly associated with Godzilla, or related in other universes with K:SI. The thing becomes pointless then. And, like nearly every idea you've had so far, is it going to do anything more than just sit here? Why should we pay attention to something that's only slightly different than before.
Think of it as an experiment. But to be fair, I can never tell if I'm writing a story correctly and properly on my own tbh.

Added in 7 minutes 58 seconds:
Truth is, I got too many ideas in my head that I don't know which one I should start off with, nor which are good or bad.
Use Evernote
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

godzillafan1954 wrote:Use Evernote
Evernote? Never heard of it to be honest. Is that a new thing or maybe something I wasn't aware of.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Don't know if this is the right place or not, but I was looking for someone willing to look over a short match for me, Anguirus vs. Godzilla Junior, and revise it a bit, tweak some sentences, make them sound more dynamic and flow tighter.
Maybe add a few fight sequences to length it out (cause it is rather short)
I'm open to all criticism and suggestions, I just want this to be an enjoyable read for when its posted.
Just shoot me a PM and I'll send anyone the match whod be willing to help me.
I'd appreciate it majorly
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'm looking for someone willing to do some simple revisments for a short match I wrote. Nothing fancy, PM me if you're willing to help, I'd appreciate it
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Comment deleted.
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

... Why couldn't you just post that as a fanfic?