How big do you want the Anime Godzilla to be?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

How big?

Around 50 meters.
11%
Around 80 meters.
12%
Around 100 meters.
33%
Little bigger than Shin.
12%
200 meters.
10%
Mountain sized.
22%

Total votes: 73

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Re: How big do you want Godzilla to be?

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Mountain size or we riot.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I think 121.92 meters (400 feet) would be cool.

Also, I beg to differ on the whole "100 meter+ kaiju are too big to properly interact with humans" thing I keep seeing pop up.

Legendary's incarnation of Godzilla is 355 feet (108.204 meters) tall and Aaron Taylor-Johnson is 5 feet, 11 inches (180.34 centimeters) tall, a height difference of 60 times. If Godzilla were scaled down to ATJ's height and we kept the same proportional size difference between the two, ATJ would be just under ~1.2 inches tall. I'm pretty sure most of us, unless you have bad vision, can see and interact with an object of that size.

For scale, here's what a tiny human of that size would roughly look like next to an ordinary human hand:

Sure, this is pretty small but it's far from being too small to interact with. Besides, it depends on what kind of interaction you want to have between a kaiju and a human to begin with. I wish people would specify on that for once.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

I'm just waiting for the foot wars to start they can make him as tall or as short as they please.
Kong better not touch my drumset!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Uuuuugh. Not this 200+ meter talk again. I'm still traumatized from 2014.

80-110.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Personally, 200/mountain-sized sounds a bit much, but I feel like it might work better in an animated film. I'd go with the 100-ish meter range myself, but really it all depends on how it's executed.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Kinggoji1962
Monarch Researcher

Post by Kinggoji1962 »

In my opinion 100 meters is the perfect size for godzilla.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I feel that if he ends up being that tall in Monster Planet, I think 150-200 meters should be the maximum limit for now, at least until the skylines of today's cities get significantly taller at some point in the future.

Even so, I think 150 meters - 200 meters should be limited to cities with extremely tall skylines, like New York City or Dubai. 100 meters - 120 meters would be better for most cities.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

^ Assuming there is any intact building 20,000 years in the future.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

It's also probably worth noting that most of any given city isn't as tall as the tallest buildings in its skyline. Godzilla might not stand up to the biggest buildings in the downtown areas of most cities, but he doesn't have to in order to be imposing - he'll still loom over most of the city.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Kongamera
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kongamera »

50 meters or 80 meters.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

Go nuts and make him like 600 feet. Considering the plot and the fact that it's animated I don't see any issue with that.

Saying that Godzilla has taken over this planet but he's only 160 feet doesn't sound as intimidating as 600 in my opinion.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Hoping for around the 100 meter scale. I don't care at all if it's smaller than Shin or Legendary, so long as the size fits for what they're going for in the movie. Part of me really wants to see something absurdly huge, like in that one fanart.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Post by HedorahGrabber »

When it comes to a discussion like this, I'll have to go with 80 meters. Always felt more satisfying to see Godzilla knock down a building that is twice as tall as him.
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

If he;s going to be fighting spaceship as well as sci fi tank, fighters and mechs he's gonna need to be pretty big.

Legendery or Shin size would be best.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

HedorahGrabber wrote:When it comes to a discussion like this, I'll have to go with 80 meters. Always felt more satisfying to see Godzilla knock down a building that is twice as tall as him.
Thing is, there most likely won't even be any buildings.
Keep in mind this takes place 20,000 years or longer in the future, and humanity has been long, long gone.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

That's why I prefer a smaller Godzilla this time, he would look ridiculous if he were gigantic with the tallest trees getting to his ankle. Also, we need a Godzilla able to show some interaction with the main character, Haruo's hate against Godzilla looks like it's gonna be in an absolute personal level.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Yeah, but what kind of interaction, specifically?

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Gerdzerl wrote:Yeah, but what kind of interaction, specifically?
Have you read the Godzilla: Half-Century War comic book? Or remember Godzilla 2000, how Godzilla recognized Katagiri? Something like that.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Destorogoji wrote:That's why I prefer a smaller Godzilla this time, he would look ridiculous if he were gigantic with the tallest trees getting to his ankle. Also, we need a Godzilla able to show some interaction with the main character, Nakajima's hate against Godzilla looks like it's gonna be in an absolute personal level.
I agree. Im sure Godzilla we around the 60m mark, judging by that one larger dragonish thing(Dagahra?) standing by the humans in that promo video.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Destorogoji wrote:That's why I prefer a smaller Godzilla this time, he would look ridiculous if he were gigantic with the tallest trees getting to his ankle.
But without mankind around to cut them down, what if the trees grew ridiculously big? :o
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock