How big do you want the Anime Godzilla to be?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

How big?

Around 50 meters.
11%
Around 80 meters.
12%
Around 100 meters.
33%
Little bigger than Shin.
12%
200 meters.
10%
Mountain sized.
22%

Total votes: 73

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

How big do you want the Anime Godzilla to be?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This should be an interesting topic. How big do you want this Godzilla to be?
Personally, I want something around 100 meters, maybe a little bigger. It's big and intimidating, but not to ridiculous. Honestly, I'd be fine with any of the sizes on the poll, but that's just my preferred choice.
Also, I've heard something about a similar topic on Legendary's Godzilla (before the 2014 movie came out) causing a flame war, so uh... don't do that. This is a simple topic about opinion on a fictional character's height, calm down.
Last edited by Arbok on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: How big do you want Godzilla to be?

Post by BlankAccount »

200 meters baby! Let's getting fucking nuts! WOOO!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Living Corpse wrote:200 meters baby! Let's getting fucking nuts! WOOO!
That was an actual option on the poll, but I figured no one would put it so I just deleted it. I guess I was wrong. I think I'll put that back actually...
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
That was an actual option on the poll, but I figured no one would put it so I just deleted it. I guess I was wrong. I think I'll put that back actually...
You have mountain sized as an option.

The minimum for a spot of raised earth to be classified a mountain is 300 meters.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
You have mountain sized as an option.

The minimum for a spot of raised earth to be classified a mountain is 300 meters.
When you're right, you're right. I didn't know that was the actual minimal size of a mountain, but that's certainly a nice coincidence.
KWCE Administrator

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: When you're right, you're right. I didn't know that was the actual minimal size of a mountain, but that's certainly a nice coincidence.
Well, it was. Not sure what it is now. :lol: Still, I remember the IDW comics showing birds living and nesting on his back, so it'd be cool to see him so large he has an entire ecosystem of plants and animals living on his back since the theme of the movie is an overrun Earth now playing host to a monster ecosystem ala Monsterverse gone out of control like how MONARCH feared.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: When you're right, you're right. I didn't know that was the actual minimal size of a mountain, but that's certainly a nice coincidence.
Well, it was. Not sure what it is now. :lol: Still, I remember the IDW comics showing birds living and nesting on his back, so it'd be cool to see him so large he has an entire ecosystem of plants and animals living on his back since the theme of the movie is an overrun Earth now playing host to a monster ecosystem ala Monsterverse gone out of control like how MONARCH feared.
That would be cool. Also, it makes me think of something. You know how in that promotional video, they showed off those little dragon things labeled "Godzilla type"? What if there's a whole bunch of animals running around that have been mutated by living on Godzilla for generations?
KWCE Administrator

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: That would be cool. Also, it makes me think of something. You know how in that promotional video, they showed off those little dragon things labeled "Godzilla type"? What if there's a whole bunch of animals running around that have been mutated by living on Godzilla for generations?
That has me thinking, Godzilla type....does that mean life that lives near or on other monsters also mutated through generations, like will we see Rodan type animals from living off of Rodan?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

50 meters, I would prefer. Although something in the 80m/200ft range would be cool also, since Godzilla was only that size for two films.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Nothing too crazy, I'd say 50 meters too, because that's my prefered size for Godzilla, and also, iirc the other kaiju listed so far were always in that range of size (except Dogora), so it'd be nice to have their original size respected.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I have a preference for the 80 meter scale, but I wouldn't mind him being either smaller or larger, though I can't really imagine Godzilla being larger than 120 meters (slightly larger than Shin).
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Bring the height wars to an end and give him a reasonable size. Like under 100 meters.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I'd like Godzilla to be either 80 meters, or a little bigger than Shin (108-120 meters). If he's in an animated film, the possibilities for what they could do would be endless. Plus, it's in the tradition of Godzilla films to make him larger over time.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

50 meters. I want him to be able to at least be small enough to see humans.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Destorogoji wrote:the other kaiju listed so far were always in that range of size (except Dogora), so it'd be nice to have their original size respected.
Old monsters get size updates all the time. Kamacuras was originally 50 meters but jumped to 100 or near 100 in GFW.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

50-80 meters for me.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

100 meters, not obnoxiously huge, but still quite enough. Both Heisei and FW Godzilla were at this size, and it worked.

#BotM

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Considering Godzilla has taken over the planet I wouldn't mind 200-300m tbh.
^This post in sexually offensive.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dillyziller wrote:Considering Godzilla has taken over the planet I wouldn't mind 200-300m tbh.
This.

At this point, when we get another Godzilla game, I see the bigger ones like Shin becoming the final boss of the game.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Since Shin is supposedly the "Max sized Godzilla", I would love to see 50 meters Godzilla again.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.