Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I just can't get into Tom Cruise, i want to be excited but he just kills it for me.... Who is he playing that he can survive a damn plane crash? Van Helsing? Or someone The Mummy put a curse on until she's regenerated?

I dunno, that said the trailers okay, not enough to sell me on going to see it in theater. The chick who plays The Mummy is really hot, and the effects look okay so far.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tom Cruise is probably the only thing preventing this movie from bombing. Even then it does look entertaining. I'll definitely be giving it a watch.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:I just can't get into Tom Cruise, i want to be excited but he just kills it for me.... Who is he playing that he can survive a damn plane crash? Van Helsing? Or someone The Mummy put a curse on until she's regenerated?

I dunno, that said the trailers okay, not enough to sell me on going to see it in theater. The chick who plays The Mummy is really hot, and the effects look okay so far.
Ric Flair or Harrison Ford.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

New MUMMY trailers tweeted from the flick's Twitter page.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/221859 ... d-twitter/
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The trailer doesn't look terrible but it doesn't look all that terribly interesting either.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I wonder how Invisible Man is supposed to work. It doesn't seem like something audiences would want today, but that's me. Then again, a great invisible "thing" movie was made by David Mitchell so maybe?

Same with Frankenstein, as iconic as it is (same basic narrative has been more or less done).
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I am quite interested how the new Creature of the Black Lagoon will turn out.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Only excited for Invisible Man and Creature, those are my two favorite classic monsters.

Invisible Man could be a great psychological drama that leans closer to the original novel than the 1933 film. I can definitely see Depp portraying a tortured Griffin who slowly descends into megalomania due to the serum's effects.

I'd actually have liked Creature to be the action-oriented film rather than Mummy again. It just feels like a retread of the 1999 Brendan Fraser film. I'd like to see a tone similar to Kong: Skull Island for the new Creature film.

SteveIrwinFan96
G-Force Personnel

Post by SteveIrwinFan96 »

Bill Condon is in talks to direct the remake of Bride of Frankenstein: http://deadline.com/2017/04/bill-condon ... 202069921/.

The One and Only
Futurian

Meet THE MUMMY.

Added in 1 hour 39 minutes 31 seconds:
Re: Dark Universe:The Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe
The Universal Monsters Cinematic Universe has with the release of THE MUMMY just around the corner has unveiled its new logo, official title, and theme composed by none other than Danny Elfman.
http://halloweendailynews.com/2017/05/u ... -monsters/
Also the second entry to this refurbished universe of Gods and Monsters, THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN, will be set to have Javier Bardem shamble in as Monster of Frankenstein February 14, 2019.
And now the trailer unveiling....THE DARK UNIVERSE.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

So will the DCEU Dark Universe movie alter its title? Seems logical.

Anyway, I hope this is successful. Universal could make something really unique here, something most other studios cannot. I mostly want Gill-man and Wolfman reboots/re-adaptations.
고질라

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Considering the title MonsterVerse was taken, I could see why honestly.

At this point though, Tom Cruise is probably The Mummy's only saving grace and even then I don't know if that will be enough. Honestly as much as I'm intrigued by this movie, I have a feeling its probably not going to do well despite Tom Cruise especially against stiff competition with and being in between Wonder Woman and Transformers: The Last Knight. :|

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

I just hope it makes it far enough for a new Creature from the Black Lagoon movie.
Pssst, hey Universal! If you want to make some of your monsters into chicks, can you do me a solid and make a Gill-Woman, too? Thanks.

The One and Only
Futurian

Komenja wrote:I just hope it makes it far enough for a new Creature from the Black Lagoon movie.
Pssst, hey Universal! If you want to make some of your monsters into chicks, can you do me a solid and make a Gill-Woman, too? Thanks.
I kind of thought it would be interesting to revisit She-Wolf of London, as a fan of the old syndicated series from the early Nineties which was based on the old Universal flick from Golden Era.

Added in 17 hours 57 minutes 52 seconds:
Blumhouse maybe entering the Dark Universe.
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news ... umored-562

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I hope the Mummy is good. Any reactions to it yet?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Well the movies just a week away, how well do you guys expect it'll do in the box office based on its competition with and being sandwiched between Wonder Woman and Transformers: The Last Knight?
Gothicserpent wrote:I hope the Mummy is good. Any reactions to it yet?
There was a screening premiere at the State Theatre in Sydney on May 22 but despite that no, there hasn't been any reactions from what I heard.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Might not do as well as 1999's reboot but should do better than that movie did in global markets. Transformers will still do better domestically but that movie series has been in steep decline in the US.
고질라

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Transformers may not actually be too much of an issue, franchise fatigue is definitely seeping into the general public.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

They better not fuck up Dracula. I'm still very skeptical about how good this will be. These trailers don't feel atmospheric enough and that's one of the things that was so unique about the old Universal horror films is the distinct atmosphere they created.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I'm expecting it to bomb, but it could very well pull a Skull Island and do pretty well from brand recognition.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.