Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising Hub

Post by Dr. Carter »

And Battra's demanding answers now that the Guardian Ghidorah has surfaced. XD

Also did some commentary on the part of Walterrus, Byakan, and the Larvae. I have no idea what's going to happen next. XD;;

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Will get back into the game probably tonight. Glad to see things picking up again.

EDIT: I... kind of have a need to mention that Kyoto is actually a little ways inland from the ocean...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

JAGzilla wrote:EDIT: I... kind of have a need to mention that Kyoto is actually a little ways inland from the ocean...
Ninja'd. I was about to mention this myself.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

So... I understand it would mean quite a few edits on everyone's part who isn't me, but under these scenarios, there is no way Godzilla and co. could have reached Kyoto at the time they did because:
*If the monsters entered from Ise Bay (southwest of Nagoya), a direct shot from there to Kyoto is 42.5 miles of land
*If the monsters entered from Osaka Bay, a direct shot from there to Kyoto is 33 miles of land
*If they entered Kushimoto (the southernmost city of the Wakayama prefecture, which is south of Osaka), a direct shot from there to Kyoto is 101 miles of land.
*And finally, if they traveled all the way around Japan by some chance and wanted to enter from Takahama (Wakasa Bay), then a direct shot from there to Kyoto would be 39.5 miles of land; assuming they'd be even near the area at all due to the detour from the Pacific into the gap of ocean between Japan and continental Asia.

With that being said, yes, I am a little upset that this conflict has emerged so soon. I did not have plans for Guardian Ghidorah to participate in any form of monster combat; especially not in his premature phase, at least not so soon after his reveal.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Will do Missingno., sorry about that. I kind of got rolled up in the excitement along with G165. XD;; Will work on editing my one post now. Thankfully it's just one.

Edit: Actually, scratch that... I'm going to have to wait for G165 to edit his post, since mine was made in response to his. I don't know quite how to work it otherwise. It will also require that I rewrite Battra's response, which should be easy enough, since he'll be focusing on Guardian Ghidorah's lack of use of his gravity beams. But still, not much I can do otherwise until he edits his post.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Anguirus is also following Godzilla's lead, so I'm stuck waiting, too. I don't think I'll have to edit very much, though. We've long-since established that the kaiju can sense each other at ridiculous distances, so hearing and smelling Ghidorah from wherever they've made landfall is no problem. Looking at a map, Tsu looks like a logical city for them to come ashore in, so maybe we could edit to say that's where they are? The military presence would simply be an attempt to defend Tsu; I assume every major city in Japan is going to be on high alert under the present circumstances.

In any case, they're far enough out that Ghidorah should easily be able to escape (or whatever he's doing) before they arrive. Unless Rodan decides to accelerate and take Ghidorah on his own, which is only going to give him a few minutes at most to work with...

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Just an FYI as well: There wasn't going to be a fight with this Ghidorah. Godzilla, through some sort of miracle, would have been calmed down enough to at the very least, listen to reason before attacking. Very VERY begrudgingly, he would allow for "Guardian" Ghidorah to live and escape, and would basically go off and pout away from the others for awhile.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

I see. Still, there's some time yet before the group arrive. Anyways, I've now edited my post, and changed the paragraph that had Battra's actions in it. He knows enough about Godzilla to recognize a blood thirsty roar when he hears it. Hence, his demanding answers much sooner, rather than later, from Guardian Ghidorah, and ignoring the human ordinance being lobbed at the both of them.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Perhaps I could have worded my post in a less hostile manner. I am not mad at anybody in specific, but I was just agitated that the monsters had (initially) come into Kyoto in spite of its geographic distance from the Pacific, as I had made Ghidorah emerge there specifically so he would not have any other monsters to deal with for the time being. But now that it is all off to the side (though Rodan will still have to be edited to reflect this), I will put up another post.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm trying to picture Godzilla 'vaulting over' buildings, and my mind is just not making that image work... :lol:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I can't even begin to try and help you with that :lol:. It's like someone vaulting over a table, but not really because they're knocking it over in the process.

Godzilla sprinting though, that's bloody funny and scary as shit.

EDIT: JAG, you sly bloody dog you :P. Now things get exciting.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, sprinting Godzilla would be something to see. From orbit or something, ideally.

Also, dun dun DUN! Sorry to interrupt the nice little moment you had going, there, but it's about time Yog started doing things.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Oh, it's fine. Things are about to get interesting. It'd also make sense for you to take some control of Kenichi when Yog gets things going.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, I'll probably have to control him at least a little. We'll see how exactly things end up going, though.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

You know, I was just thinking about this today but... This has to be the biggest death toll that Godzilla has ever had, right? With San Francisco, the city who's name always escapes me, and Osaka combined, that's several millions of human lives taken right there. Craziness mates.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I'm terribly sorry about my inactivity as of late. It's just that life has been kicking my ass again, and I am becoming even more stressed out as a result of it. In addition, my focus on several external projects on a different website have also been burning me out from the computer.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

You're fine, mate. Take some time to de-stress and relax whenever you can.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

I should be doing some posts, and I had fully intended to do so... But today just kicked my ass with more mercilessness than it deserved to kick me with... I have a brain that looks like an over-fried egg, and it was so bad, my mind went into some dark places... I'll try to post tomorrow, if I don't today... Just letting you guys know that today has been anything but kind to me...

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Completely understandable, mate. Get some rest and come back when you can.

#BotM

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Okay, what the heck did I miss the past few months? Sorry for being... gone during that time, I just was fighting off indifference to all this, and business.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!