Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
User avatar
SJM925
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby SJM925 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 am

miguelnuva wrote:
kaiju115 wrote:I would kill to see Tamashii Nations make a Dragonzord/Dragon Caesar figure. They did the Megazord aka Daizyuzin a few years back, they've done all the Rangers, & now their doing the individual Zords(Tyrannosaurus, ZyuMammoth, Triceratops, Saber Tiger, & Pteranodon) that can combine to make the Megazord/Daizyuzin. Plus, they're also bringing in a life size Dragon Dagger aka the Zyusouken, so why not make a figure of the Dragonzord/Dragon Caesar, that would be awesome, get to it Tamashii Nations.


Bandai of America made that. Tamashii just switched out the soundboard.



I've only seen people say the look the same, not that they are the same. You have a source?

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11437
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 pm

SJM925 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
kaiju115 wrote:I would kill to see Tamashii Nations make a Dragonzord/Dragon Caesar figure. They did the Megazord aka Daizyuzin a few years back, they've done all the Rangers, & now their doing the individual Zords(Tyrannosaurus, ZyuMammoth, Triceratops, Saber Tiger, & Pteranodon) that can combine to make the Megazord/Daizyuzin. Plus, they're also bringing in a life size Dragon Dagger aka the Zyusouken, so why not make a figure of the Dragonzord/Dragon Caesar, that would be awesome, get to it Tamashii Nations.


Bandai of America made that. Tamashii just switched out the soundboard.



I've only seen people say the look the same, not that they are the same. You have a source?


Rangerboard where they collect legacy figures and items. Could be wrong but that was the last I heard from them.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
SJM925
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4241
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby SJM925 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:03 pm

And all I've seen there is it looks like, not it actually is.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3066
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby LamangoKaijura » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Castellan Zilla wrote:I would love to have a Dragonzord figure. The one from the 90's just isn't worth the prices I've seen for it. I want one that I can put into poses.

Legacy DragonZord is skreeonking AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, CUTE, AND P. COOL TBH FAM IT'S LIT
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:49 pm

KingKaiju wrote:A six inch Dragonzord? I'd be down with that!! Dragonzord's one of those toys that's eluded me since I was a kid, but that's because it was expensive, and my parents didn't have a lot of money. So in hindsight, it was a good thing that I didn't get it, because I would've broken the damn thing within the day. Still... I want a Dragonzord, and I'm not even a power rangers fan. Buuuuuut... Considering the price, I'd probably be paying the same for a Legacy Dragonzord.


I'm actually talking about a Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
KingKaiju
Futurian
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby KingKaiju » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:57 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:A six inch Dragonzord? I'd be down with that!! Dragonzord's one of those toys that's eluded me since I was a kid, but that's because it was expensive, and my parents didn't have a lot of money. So in hindsight, it was a good thing that I didn't get it, because I would've broken the damn thing within the day. Still... I want a Dragonzord, and I'm not even a power rangers fan. Buuuuuut... Considering the price, I'd probably be paying the same for a Legacy Dragonzord.


I'm actually talking about a Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord.


Wouldn't that be a six inch Dragonzord? Of is the Soul of Chogokin a bigger figure?
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby LegendZilla » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:A six inch Dragonzord? I'd be down with that!! Dragonzord's one of those toys that's eluded me since I was a kid, but that's because it was expensive, and my parents didn't have a lot of money. So in hindsight, it was a good thing that I didn't get it, because I would've broken the damn thing within the day. Still... I want a Dragonzord, and I'm not even a power rangers fan. Buuuuuut... Considering the price, I'd probably be paying the same for a Legacy Dragonzord.


I'm actually talking about a Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord.


Wouldn't that be a six inch Dragonzord? Of is the Soul of Chogokin a bigger figure?


I know it's confusing, but both Super Robot Chogokin and Soul of Chogokin are two different lines. I believe that the former is the 6-inch one.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
KingKaiju
Futurian
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby KingKaiju » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:14 pm

Oooooohhhh, I never knew that. Gotcha. I had no idea that the Soul of Chogokin was as big as it is. WOW!
Image

User avatar
LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5402
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:57 am
Location: Slocan Park, British Colombia, Canada

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Is it possible to request Tamashi Nations about a Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord with survey they're holding?
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

User avatar
GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper
Posts: 1248
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby GodzillavsGamera » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:44 am

Not exactly what I was hoping for but this Dragonzord maybe the closest I will get.
http://news.tokunation.com/2017/03/16/s ... ased-41570

User avatar
KingKaiju
Futurian
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby KingKaiju » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:12 pm

Last edited by KingKaiju on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11437
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:20 am



That's the 11 inch one not a 5 inch one. The mini play is 6 inch scale.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
KingKaiju
Futurian
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby KingKaiju » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:40 am

Isn't that what Soul of Chogokin is supposed to be though? 12 inch line?
Image

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11437
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby miguelnuva » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:29 pm

KingKaiju wrote:Isn't that what Soul of Chogokin is supposed to be though? 12 inch line?


Yes but the original poster wanted a 6 inch Dragonzord to go with his 6 inch chogokin Megazord.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
KingKaiju
Futurian
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby KingKaiju » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:21 pm

OOoooooohhhh okay. Yeah, a 6 inch would've been more preferred, but a 9 inches, this isn't too bad either.
Image

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Futurian
Posts: 1786
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 am

You're talking about the SRC Daizyujin/Megazord, right? If so, sadly not. Bandai canceled the Sentai SRC line when they canceled the Figuarts one.

In fact, I'm surprised they did anything at all with the SOC line. I doubt we will see anything beyond Dragon Ceasar for that line though.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11437
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Kaiju no Kami wrote:You're talking about the SRC Daizyujin/Megazord, right? If so, sadly not. Bandai canceled the Sentai SRC line when they canceled the Figuarts one.

In fact, I'm surprised they did anything at all with the SOC line. I doubt we will see anything beyond Dragon Ceasar for that line though.


Titanus is coming. They hinted at him already.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
Petezilla
G-Grasper
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby Petezilla » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Kaiju no Kami wrote:You're talking about the SRC Daizyujin/Megazord, right? If so, sadly not. Bandai canceled the Sentai SRC line when they canceled the Figuarts one.

So the 6“ SRC Megazord will stay lonely forever...?
That's a lot of disappointment... -_-
Image
Size DOES matter!

User avatar
Kaiju no Kami
Futurian
Posts: 1786
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:46 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am

Petezilla wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:You're talking about the SRC Daizyujin/Megazord, right? If so, sadly not. Bandai canceled the Sentai SRC line when they canceled the Figuarts one.

So the 6“ SRC Megazord will stay lonely forever...?
That's a lot of disappointment... -_-


Not as lonely as my poor Ryuranger and Kibaranger are for none of their friends are there to hand out with them.

User avatar
KingKaiju
Futurian
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Chogokin Dragonzord Figure ....Will it happen?

Postby KingKaiju » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Dragonzord was one of those toys I never got as a kid, and for a good reason. It was damn expensive, and my siblings and I probably would've broken and lost it within a week. But now that I'm an adult, with a big boy job... I preordered that figure. I don't collect power ranger toys, but that thing is a super nostalgia thing for me, that I've always been curious about. And then there are all the parallels to Godzilla and MechaGodzilla. So... BBTs says August 2018, which means I have a few months to decide if I actually want it or not.
Image


Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2004Zilla, Fermix, N’Doul and 11 guests