Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Post by GigaBowserG »

BlueGojira wrote:This is a topic I could honestly talk about for a few hours. Why, out of all the obscure kaiju and monsters they could have picked, would they pick Dogora? It seems like a very blunt and surprising choice.
Maybe because the rights to use him were incredibly cheap :P
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

speaking of rights, how the hell did they get the rights to rodan? doesn't legendary have a hold on him?

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

It probably has do with the medium. Since the film is animated it may be separate rights like comic book rights and streaming rights vs dvd rights OR the rights were not exclusive when Legendary bought them

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

People are assuming that Rodan will actually be in the film. It isn't guaranteed. I'd wager that any of the monsters listed in that pamphlet stand a strong chance of not being in the film at all. 20,000 years is a long time to live, and I think in a world where Godzilla dominates the Earth, chances of a specific monster surviving are slim.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:People are assuming that Rodan will actually be in the film. It isn't guaranteed. I'd wager that any of the monsters listed in that pamphlet stand a strong chance of not being in the film at all. 20,000 years is a long time to live, and I think in a world where Godzilla dominates the Earth, chances of a specific monster surviving are slim.
Well ya know, Rodan could be an ally to Godzilla. (More like he better be). Plus over the franchise it has been shown that kajiu live a long time.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:People are assuming that Rodan will actually be in the film. It isn't guaranteed. I'd wager that any of the monsters listed in that pamphlet stand a strong chance of not being in the film at all. 20,000 years is a long time to live, and I think in a world where Godzilla dominates the Earth, chances of a specific monster surviving are slim.
Well ya know, Rodan could be an ally to Godzilla. (More like he better be). Plus over the franchise it has been shown that kajiu live a long time.
They've also been intense rivals. Rivals can kill each other.

I'm not expecting any of the monsters listed to make an appearance. I think they're simply mentioned off-hand for world-building purposes. But if they do appear on screen, that'd be neat...
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Showa Gyaos wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
They've also been intense rivals. Rivals can kill each other.

I'm not expecting any of the monsters listed to make an appearance. I think they're simply mentioned off-hand for world-building purposes. But if they do appear on screen, that'd be neat...
True. Im expecting atleast one of them to appear eventually in this trilogy.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

All of those monsters could easily appear in the film because you don't need to make a new suit for each one. However, I highly doubt all of them will appear. I see this more of a way of building a background mythos to the series, similar to GXMG.

I'm sure we'll get tons of flashbacks, or maybe even a prologue with tons of monster action though. I wouldn't worry. The prospect of Orga, Dogora and Hedorah making some comeback excites me. Most of the monsters have some relation to pollution or the environment as well.

Also, just a side note. Hedorah isn't exactly listed though. It's used as a name of some operation used against Rodan and Anguruius. Hedorah is in quotes. Like "Operation Hedorah". It seems to indicate after this happened there was wide spread pollution damage. This could mean Hedorah really isn't in the film, but they're using the name cleverly to reference some big environmental disaster.

Edit: I'll make it my mission to translate some of the easier stuff, like the lines about dogora by mid afternoon. So check back in later.

EDIT/UPDATE:

My own translation for the section of Dogora's section, which is #3:
"In September of 2002 a mysterious monster, dubbed Dogora appeared/made itself widely known in London/Manchester. . The estimated amount of those killed/wounded is estimated to be 3,900,000".

I will translate more later!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:speaking of rights, how the hell did they get the rights to rodan? doesn't legendary have a hold on him?

As far as we know, the monsters that made appearences in the report may not appear in the film, and like mentioned before, most of them are probably dead by now. Most of the current things we have are speculation, as the reports did not describe the current status of the monsters. If Rodan does make a direct appearence, Toho still owns the character despite Legendary having rights.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:EDIT/UPDATE:

My own translation for the section of Dogora's section, which is #3:
"In September of 2002 a mysterious monster, dubbed Dogora appeared/made itself widely known in London/Manchester. . The estimated amount of those killed/wounded is estimated to be 3,900,000".

I will translate more later!
Good luck! I'm willing to wait till the movie (or a trailer) to expand on these monster attacks and death tolls, but any cracks at translating the text is appreciated.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

It would be nice if they put this timeline on the website.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Cookson wrote:It would be nice if they put this timeline on the website.
On the main site? Hmm, later unless beaten to the punch I'm going to translate everything. So far there's a similar format. I'm working on Kamacuras's section, which the opening is similar to Dogora's.

Kamakuras(s) appeared in Boston and New York, and killed or wounded approx 2,500,000 people. Dogora appears three years later in London and Manchester. I'm about to get to the bottom of whether this is one Kamacurad or a ton. Kind of funny to imagine, will reply later with an update on Kamacuras.

For those curious as well, it appears Daghra killed 6,700,000 people. Clearly there's an escalation of monsters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The interesting part is that I don't remember Dogora being that much of a threat to humans (granted, I haven't watched it in eight years).

So hearing that it was responsible for the deaths of so many people makes me chuckle.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

seamus
Monarch Researcher

Post by seamus »

Hedorah and Orga seem slightly out of place, but I would absolutely love to see them in this. Also very excited to see Dogora if all this is true.
'And yet another one?'

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

My own translations for Orga and Daghra. Organs is generic, just stating he popped up, while Daghra has a story behind him.

4. In December 2017 a monster, dubbed Daghra, appeared in Syndey Australia and Approximately 6,700,000 people were killed and/or injured.
*From inside the monster (Daghra's) body, it seems to be the throat, there was an injury by means of a bacterial infection/illness outbreak. It spread or expanded into Australia and the Eastern Sea(pacific area around southern japan).

Translator note: I'm not exactly sure if the infection is Daghra's downfall, or creation of daghra, but it would appear attacking or wounding Daghra led to some huge fucking problem in and around Australia. I'm also not sure if the injury was caused by the bacteria, or Daghra was injured by humans which opened up the bacteria to be let out.

5. In May of 2022 a monster, dubbed Orga, appeared in Anchorage Alaska. Approximately 1,150,000 were killed and/or injured.

I hope this is helpful and appreciated, I will continue make more.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

LSD Jellyfish wrote:My own translations for Orga and Daghra. Otha's is generic, just stating he popped up, while Daghra has a story behind him.

4. In December 2017 a monster, dubbed Daghra, appeared in Syndey Australia and Approximately 6,700,000 people were killed and/or injured.
*From inside the monster (Daghra's) body, it seems to be the throat, there was an injury by means of a bacterial infection/illness outbreak. It spread or expanded into Australia and the Eastern Sea(pacific area around southern japan).

Translator note: I'm not exactly sure if the infection is Daghra's downfall, or creation of daghra,, but it would appear attacking or wounding Daghra led to some huge skreeonking problem in and around Australia.

5. In May of 2022 a monster, dubbed Orga, appeared in Anchorage Alaska. Approximately 1,150,000 were killed and/or injured.
Nice job translating! Well this is interesting, glad I dont live in Australia this year :lol: . Hm, I guess the Barems arent one of Dagahra's weapons this time.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

In the process of translating Kamacuras or whatever, check back later for their content.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I would like to note to those that believe rodan, mothra or king ghidora can't be used because legendary has access to their rights, that does not mean they can't be used by toho, toho owns the characters and are able to use them whenever, they didnt pull a marvel situation, they only gave legendary access to them.

Anywho, anyone else think that this "Bioweapon Hedorah" used to fight rodan and angurius will actually "turn" into the real deal Hedorah? Like mutated and of the sorts. I think it's very plausible a situation like that could happen given the info we got at the moment.
:terrestris:

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:4. In December 2017 a monster, dubbed Daghra, appeared in Syndey Australia and Approximately 6,700,000 people were killed and/or injured.

Translator note: I'm not exactly sure if the infection is Daghra's downfall, or creation of daghra, but it would appear attacking or wounding Daghra led to some huge fucking problem in and around Australia. I'm also not sure if the injury was caused by the bacteria, or Daghra was injured by humans which opened up the bacteria to be let out.
Dagahra's background sounds a lot like The Beast From 20,000 Fathooms, Maybe it's a reference?

Added in 1 minute 49 seconds:
Havoks wrote:Anywho, anyone else think that this "Bioweapon Hedorah" used to fight rodan and angurius will actually "turn" into the real deal Hedorah? Like mutated and of the sorts. I think it's very plausible a situation like that could happen given the info we got at the moment.
Since this story doesn't cares on introducing alien characters, I can't see that situation out of the table, and it's actually a cool origin story for the monster.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

There seems to be a lot of confusion between Dogora and Dagahra in these translations. Can anyone confirm which it actually is?