Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

And Kamacurus and Dogora are nice additions. Anguirus is back!! Toho must of given them some kind bundle pack for these kaiju.

Added in 28 minutes 36 seconds:
And according to Zink, also Dagahra is in this! He attacks this year in Sydney! ;) So I guess Toho is fine with ROM characters appearing, I suppose they have changed a little.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I'm so happy that Orga, Rodan, and Anguirus are back!!

BNSF1995
Samurai

Post by BNSF1995 »

I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

BNSF1995 wrote:I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?
How would that even work? Mixing live action and animation is almost never a good idea if you want a film to be taken seriously. I mean, it worked for Framing Roger Rabbit and such, but that was a comedy that acknowledged that aspect IIRC. For something that seems to be going for a serious tone, that would be suicide.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

What gave you that impression....
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

.....?

It's truly an anime film lol where did you even get that from?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Daghara?

Well... I admit I didn't see that one coming.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Some interesting kaiju on this list for sure. You have some very strictly EARTH related kaiju (Rodan, Anguirus, Kamacuras, Godzilla), some very specific SPACE monsters (Dogora, Orga, Hedorah), and you also have a monster that was created to fight pollution (Dagahra) and a giant pollution monster (Hedorah).

LOVE that Dogora and Orga are getting some love again. Very interesting developments indeed.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Maritonic wrote:Some interesting kaiju on this list for sure. You have some very strictly EARTH related kaiju (Rodan, Anguirus, Kamacuras, Godzilla), some very specific SPACE monsters (Dogora, Orga, Hedorah), and you also have a monster that was created to fight pollution (Dagahra) and a giant pollution monster (Hedorah).

LOVE that Dogora and Orga are getting some love again. Very interesting developments indeed.
Yeah, it's pretty cool they're part of the stories continuity, but whether any of them actually show up in any of the films is something we'll have to wait and see.

For clarification, the translation makes it sound like a bio chemical weapon dubbed "Hedorah" was used to fight Rodan and Anguirus. I don't think the kaiju Hedorah itself is there.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:For clarification, the translation makes it sound like a bio chemical weapon dubbed "Hedorah" was used to fight Rodan and Anguirus. I don't think the kaiju Hedorah itself is there.
It also mentions it left a lot of pollution when it was used to drive out Rodan and Anguirus. A fun little nod.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Yeah, I think the name "Hedorah" was just a nod. Plus, it works with the weapon's description.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Cookson wrote:OK, so the AnimeJapan Toho booth is giving away a "Investigation Report". Inside it you have a time line of when a Kaiju first attacked(1999) to when they left the planet(like 2040's I believe).

The Kaiju mentioned:
-Kamacuras
-Dogora
-Orga
-Hedorah
-Anguirus
-Rodan
-Godzilla

That's a interesting monster lineup. Whether they appear in the movie is unclear. Humanity get wiped the hell out. I believe they say only 11% of humanity is left when they officially evacuate. I think it's hilarious that Kamacuras is the first kaiju to appear in this world.
Thanks for the information! I'm really excited that such obscure kaiju may finally get a spotlight in this movie. This movie's plot heavily reminds me of Attack On Titan, since both stories are about humanity suddenly being attacked by gigantic monsters. Like you said, the fact that KAMACURAS is the first thing to appear made me chuckle. I wonder if some of these kaiju are even still around. Is there any other type of promotional material like this?
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I hope we get a Lord of the Rings style 'prologue' at the start of the film, fleshing out the history and backstory of the world.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:

How would that even work? Mixing live action and animation is almost never a good idea if you want a film to be taken seriously. I mean, it worked for Framing Roger Rabbit and such, but that was a comedy that acknowledged that aspect IIRC. For something that seems to be going for a serious tone, that would be suicide.
The entire series of Dinosaur War Izenborg was Suitmation and Anime. Dinosaur Exhibition Born Free was Anime combined with Stop Motion and Puppetry.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

And Kamacurus and Dogora are nice additions. Anguirus is back!! Toho must of given them some kind bundle pack for these kaiju.

And according to Zink, also Dagahra is in this! He attacks this year in Sydney! ;) So I guess Toho is fine with ROM characters appearing, I suppose they have changed a little.
I have a small theory about why Godzilla might be last. Maybe he was like his Legendary incarnation, where he is millions of years old and has fought off other ancient beasts like him. And maybe the chemical weapon known as ' Hedorah ' awakened him, as well as the sudden daikaiju attacks.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

BlueGojira wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

I have a small theory about why Godzilla might be last. Maybe he was like his Legendary incarnation, where he is millions of years old and has fought off other ancient beasts like him. And maybe the chemical weapon known as ' Hedorah ' awakened him, as well as the sudden daikaiju attacks.
Thats a pretty good theory.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

I've wanted Dogora to appear in a Godzilla film since I got Monster of Monsters for the NES is 1989. I wonder if the game (and those strange Dogora-inspired mini stages) had any impact or influence on the creature's inclusion in the film.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:

Thats a pretty good theory.
Thanks! I kind of just made it up on the spot, to be honest. :lol:

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

xenotactics wrote:I've wanted Dogora to appear in a Godzilla film since I got Monster of Monsters for the NES is 1989. I wonder if the game (and those strange Dogora-inspired mini stages) had any impact or influence on the creature's inclusion in the film.
This is a topic I could honestly talk about for a few hours. Why, out of all the obscure kaiju and monsters they could have picked, would they pick Dogora? It seems like a very blunt and surprising choice. Not Matango, not Gezora, not even a reference to the H-Man. It's just so weird because Dogora is kind of just a large galactic blue jellyfish, and it wouldn't make sense considering until I started deeply looking into these films, not even I knew about Dogora.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

I don't see the Hedorah weapon not spawning its the kaiju itself. Either self mutation or interference from the Alien races.