Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:24 am

YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

And Kamacurus and Dogora are nice additions. Anguirus is back!! Toho must of given them some kind bundle pack for these kaiju.

Added in 28 minutes 36 seconds:
And according to Zink, also Dagahra is in this! He attacks this year in Sydney! ;) So I guess Toho is fine with ROM characters appearing, I suppose they have changed a little.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
Anguirus
G-Grasper
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:31 am

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Anguirus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:14 pm

I'm so happy that Orga, Rodan, and Anguirus are back!!

User avatar
BNSF1995
Yojimbo
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby BNSF1995 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 pm

I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?

User avatar
SenseiTeriyakiV
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Location: Prancing in a field of goats

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby SenseiTeriyakiV » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:06 pm

BNSF1995 wrote:I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?

How would that even work? Mixing live action and animation is almost never a good idea if you want a film to be taken seriously. I mean, it worked for Framing Roger Rabbit and such, but that was a comedy that acknowledged that aspect IIRC. For something that seems to be going for a serious tone, that would be suicide.

User avatar
AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 am

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby AbudJasemAlBaldawi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:53 am

BNSF1995 wrote:I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?

What gave you that impression....
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6056
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Maritonic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:57 am

BNSF1995 wrote:I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?



.....?

It's truly an anime film lol where did you even get that from?
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Kaiju-King42
Kwaidan
Posts: 5768
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:06 am

Daghara?

Well... I admit I didn't see that one coming.
Godzillian wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:What is up with the American trope of hide the monster?

Jaws happened


ernesth100 wrote:
Ryguy wrote:When the new director is announced, I guarantee this fanbase will be torn through the middle...

We're always split down the middle. TK is like a giant buttcrack.


Anno wrote:never forget tadpole :godzilla:




User avatar
Maritonic
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6056
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:26 am
Location: UberRichNewYork

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Maritonic » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:10 am

Some interesting kaiju on this list for sure. You have some very strictly EARTH related kaiju (Rodan, Anguirus, Kamacuras, Godzilla), some very specific SPACE monsters (Dogora, Orga, Hedorah), and you also have a monster that was created to fight pollution (Dagahra) and a giant pollution monster (Hedorah).

LOVE that Dogora and Orga are getting some love again. Very interesting developments indeed.
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

User avatar
Cookson
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2726
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:06 am

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Cookson » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:37 am

Maritonic wrote:Some interesting kaiju on this list for sure. You have some very strictly EARTH related kaiju (Rodan, Anguirus, Kamacuras, Godzilla), some very specific SPACE monsters (Dogora, Orga, Hedorah), and you also have a monster that was created to fight pollution (Dagahra) and a giant pollution monster (Hedorah).

LOVE that Dogora and Orga are getting some love again. Very interesting developments indeed.


Yeah, it's pretty cool they're part of the stories continuity, but whether any of them actually show up in any of the films is something we'll have to wait and see.

For clarification, the translation makes it sound like a bio chemical weapon dubbed "Hedorah" was used to fight Rodan and Anguirus. I don't think the kaiju Hedorah itself is there.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4742
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby GigaBowserG » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:49 am

Cookson wrote:For clarification, the translation makes it sound like a bio chemical weapon dubbed "Hedorah" was used to fight Rodan and Anguirus. I don't think the kaiju Hedorah itself is there.


It also mentions it left a lot of pollution when it was used to drive out Rodan and Anguirus. A fun little nod.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
Showa Gyaos
Keizer
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: West Virginia

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Showa Gyaos » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:30 am

Yeah, I think the name "Hedorah" was just a nod. Plus, it works with the weapon's description.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.


Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

User avatar
BlueGojira
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am
Location: M Space Hunter Nebula

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby BlueGojira » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:01 am

Cookson wrote:OK, so the AnimeJapan Toho booth is giving away a "Investigation Report". Inside it you have a time line of when a Kaiju first attacked(1999) to when they left the planet(like 2040's I believe).

The Kaiju mentioned:
-Kamacuras
-Dogora
-Orga
-Hedorah
-Anguirus
-Rodan
-Godzilla

That's a interesting monster lineup. Whether they appear in the movie is unclear. Humanity get wiped the hell out. I believe they say only 11% of humanity is left when they officially evacuate. I think it's hilarious that Kamacuras is the first kaiju to appear in this world.



Thanks for the information! I'm really excited that such obscure kaiju may finally get a spotlight in this movie. This movie's plot heavily reminds me of Attack On Titan, since both stories are about humanity suddenly being attacked by gigantic monsters. Like you said, the fact that KAMACURAS is the first thing to appear made me chuckle. I wonder if some of these kaiju are even still around. Is there any other type of promotional material like this?
SoleMan wrote:I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

User avatar
Chrispy_G
Interpol Agent
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby Chrispy_G » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:21 am

I hope we get a Lord of the Rings style 'prologue' at the start of the film, fleshing out the history and backstory of the world.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby LamangoKaijura » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 pm

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
BNSF1995 wrote:I wonder...

Is this truly an anime film? Or is it a hybrid? As in, the humans are animated, while the monsters are suitmation?

How would that even work? Mixing live action and animation is almost never a good idea if you want a film to be taken seriously. I mean, it worked for Framing Roger Rabbit and such, but that was a comedy that acknowledged that aspect IIRC. For something that seems to be going for a serious tone, that would be suicide.

The entire series of Dinosaur War Izenborg was Suitmation and Anime. Dinosaur Exhibition Born Free was Anime combined with Stop Motion and Puppetry.
Image

User avatar
BlueGojira
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am
Location: M Space Hunter Nebula

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby BlueGojira » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:08 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

And Kamacurus and Dogora are nice additions. Anguirus is back!! Toho must of given them some kind bundle pack for these kaiju.

Added in 28 minutes 36 seconds:
And according to Zink, also Dagahra is in this! He attacks this year in Sydney! ;) So I guess Toho is fine with ROM characters appearing, I suppose they have changed a little.


I have a small theory about why Godzilla might be last. Maybe he was like his Legendary incarnation, where he is millions of years old and has fought off other ancient beasts like him. And maybe the chemical weapon known as ' Hedorah ' awakened him, as well as the sudden daikaiju attacks.
SoleMan wrote:I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5431
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:32 pm

BlueGojira wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

And Kamacurus and Dogora are nice additions. Anguirus is back!! Toho must of given them some kind bundle pack for these kaiju.

Added in 28 minutes 36 seconds:
And according to Zink, also Dagahra is in this! He attacks this year in Sydney! ;) So I guess Toho is fine with ROM characters appearing, I suppose they have changed a little.


I have a small theory about why Godzilla might be last. Maybe he was like his Legendary incarnation, where he is millions of years old and has fought off other ancient beasts like him. And maybe the chemical weapon known as ' Hedorah ' awakened him, as well as the sudden daikaiju attacks.

Thats a pretty good theory.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
xenotactics
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:25 am

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby xenotactics » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:29 pm

I've wanted Dogora to appear in a Godzilla film since I got Monster of Monsters for the NES is 1989. I wonder if the game (and those strange Dogora-inspired mini stages) had any impact or influence on the creature's inclusion in the film.

User avatar
BlueGojira
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am
Location: M Space Hunter Nebula

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby BlueGojira » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:55 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:YES!!!! Orga you have returned. I find it interesting that Godzilla appeared last.......

And Kamacurus and Dogora are nice additions. Anguirus is back!! Toho must of given them some kind bundle pack for these kaiju.

Added in 28 minutes 36 seconds:
And according to Zink, also Dagahra is in this! He attacks this year in Sydney! ;) So I guess Toho is fine with ROM characters appearing, I suppose they have changed a little.


I have a small theory about why Godzilla might be last. Maybe he was like his Legendary incarnation, where he is millions of years old and has fought off other ancient beasts like him. And maybe the chemical weapon known as ' Hedorah ' awakened him, as well as the sudden daikaiju attacks.

Thats a pretty good theory.


Thanks! I kind of just made it up on the spot, to be honest. :lol:
SoleMan wrote:I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

User avatar
BlueGojira
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am
Location: M Space Hunter Nebula

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby BlueGojira » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

xenotactics wrote:I've wanted Dogora to appear in a Godzilla film since I got Monster of Monsters for the NES is 1989. I wonder if the game (and those strange Dogora-inspired mini stages) had any impact or influence on the creature's inclusion in the film.


This is a topic I could honestly talk about for a few hours. Why, out of all the obscure kaiju and monsters they could have picked, would they pick Dogora? It seems like a very blunt and surprising choice. Not Matango, not Gezora, not even a reference to the H-Man. It's just so weird because Dogora is kind of just a large galactic blue jellyfish, and it wouldn't make sense considering until I started deeply looking into these films, not even I knew about Dogora.
SoleMan wrote:I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

User avatar
B34sT
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Postby B34sT » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:13 pm

I don't see the Hedorah weapon not spawning its the kaiju itself. Either self mutation or interference from the Alien races.


Return to “Reiwa Era (2015-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest