Is the lDW run dead?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
The Octopus
G-Grasper

Re: Is the lDW run dead?

Post by The Octopus »

I'm still waiting for Gezora to get his own mini-series. If a giant Cuttlefish that walks upright on its tentacles on land, has a roar that sounds like a squeak toy and is worshiped by the natives on Selga Island as a God is not cool, then I don't want to know what cool is.

Oh mighty Gezora. Mightiest of the Gods. Deliver us from the darkness and evil of the world and take us to the promised land.
Mighty Gezora. King among men and a God among Kings
We pray to you and your power with the upmost respect from the Earth
Take this human sacrifice as a show of our faith
Rau Rau Rauuuuuuu

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Gezora can step in line. We still need a mini-series exploring the mysterious backstory of RoE's badass incarnation of Jet Jaguar! :D

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Komenja wrote:Gezora can step in line. We still need a mini-series exploring the mysterious backstory of RoE's badass incarnation of Jet Jaguar! :D
I second this. We need more Jet Jaguar!!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Komenja wrote:Gezora can step in line. We still need a mini-series exploring the mysterious backstory of RoE's badass incarnation of Jet Jaguar! :D
Sadly, Toho doesn't allow it. There was initially a mini-series pitch to explore the origins of Gigan, but Toho shot that down, too.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Sadly, Toho doesn't allow it. There was initially a mini-series pitch to explore the origins of Gigan, but Toho shot that down, too.
Shoot. That would really help the line I think, if they were able to do that. I wonder what kind of series they're planning next, if not a solo series for someone...
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Jason
Samurai

Post by Jason »

GigaBowserG wrote:
That's the brakes since IDW probably doesn't millions of dollars to buy the company out. I don't care for giant robot stories anyway and would rather see stories where the Godzilla and his monster costars battle each other or giant monsters.

I'd like to know what it would take to get a good focus on Kamoebas. I was told he'd been in another movie before Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S, but I haven't seen that movie, and I have no idea of getting to see it. I'd like to see how he'd measure up in capabilities to Gamera. He probably doesn't have a weakness to cold like Gamera does. If Godzilla and Gamera ever duked it out in a movie, all they'd have to do is have the battle take place in Antarctica; and Gamera would get his butt kicked.
God bless, Jason Scott Irelan

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

You're never going to see a Kamoebas based comic from IDW ever. Don't get your hopes up.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Wow what there was?? That would've been cool! But then again take away some of the mysterious things about Gigan but cool nonetheless. I wish this would have gone through, guess Toho hasnt changed completely. :|
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I'm still waiting for Gezora to get his own mini-series. If a giant Cuttlefish that walks upright on its tentacles on land, has a roar that sounds like a squeak toy and is worshiped by the natives on Selga Island as a God is not cool, then I don't want to know what cool is.

Oh mighty Gezora. Mightiest of the Gods. Deliver us from the darkness and evil of the world and take us to the promised land.
Mighty Gezora. King among men and a God among Kings
We pray to you and your power with the upmost respect from the Earth
Take this human sacrifice as a show of our faith
Rau Rau Rauuuuuuu
I actually unironically like Gezora. Same goes with the other two Space Amoeba monsters. I hope they actually use them in future IDW Comcis instead of having cameos, specifically Ganimes and Kamoebas.

And if you didn't think that was cool, try taking a gigantic koopa-troopa on all fours, with the face of a pug and an extendable giraffe neck and a roar that sounds like a digital squeak toy.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

GigaBowserG wrote:
That was too bad, because in RoE Jet Jaguar had a lot of potential for a backstory comic series. They even mention it in the comic itself how he was built by the protagonist's uncle for "unknown" purposes. I would have really liked to see that..
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:You're never going to see a Kamoebas based comic from IDW ever. Don't get your hopes up.
Good, cause I wanted a Gabara comic.

Resized Image

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

CyberZilla wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:You're never going to see a Kamoebas based comic from IDW ever. Don't get your hopes up.
(Sorry if you're joking. Even if you are, I still just want to actually reply to something.)

I don't think that is likely at all, because Gabara hasn't made a single appearence or even cameo in IDW. Technically, he doesn't even exist at all in the Godzillaverse.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Wonder if IDW will ever give an official statement on the status of their plans for Godzilla

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

BlueGojira wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:
(Sorry if you're joking. Even if you are, I still just want to actually reply to something.)

I don't think that is likely at all, because Gabara hasn't made a single appearence or even cameo in IDW. Technically, he doesn't even exist at all in the Godzillaverse.
I was totally joking :lol:

Yeah, seeing as how I haven't seen Gabara anywhere in the IDW comics, I would assume he's dead to them. Would be funny if he came out of the blue and got a comic series.

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GHIDORAH, BUT IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! MUHAHAHHA

Resized Image

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

CyberZilla wrote:
BlueGojira wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:

I was totally joking :lol:

Yeah, seeing as how I haven't seen Gabara anywhere in the IDW comics, I would assume he's dead to them. Would be funny if he came out of the blue and got a comic series.

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GHIDORAH, BUT IT WAS ME ALL ALONG! MUHAHAHHA
Oh, sorry! :lol:
If they ever made a comic series of Gabara, I wouldn't even know how I would react. He's too weird even by Godzilla standards, and he's technically just a dream, so it wouldn't make sense for him to appear even if he was real.

Oh god, the way you made the monsters talk reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMDyWH_ZmE

Jason
Samurai

Post by Jason »

I would settle for a decent appearance from Kamoebas because I hate teasers when it comes to giant monsters.
God bless, Jason Scott Irelan

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Komenja wrote:Gezora can step in line.
YOU DARE SPEAK THAT WAY TO THE MIGHTY GEZORA PUNY MORTAL???????????

GGGGAWRGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:
Komenja wrote:Gezora can step in line.
YOU DARE SPEAK THAT WAY TO THE MIGHTY GEZORA PUNY MORTAL???????????

Hey, how DARE you speak to him that way!! Mighty Gezora, yeah right.

pls don't kill me I was joking all hail Gezora

Resized Image

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

BlueGojira wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:

Funny thing, the ending of issue #25 was going originally to be very different if they were able to keep the comic going. To prepare for the final arc, it was supposed to end with the silhouette of Grand King Ghidorah flying towards Earth. But as it breaks through the atmosphere in the last panel, it was revealed to be Gabara comically flapping GKG's severed wings!
Shhh! The Octopus wrote: YOU DARE SPEAK THAT WAY TO THE MIGHTY GEZORA PUNY MORTAL???????????

N-no! I'm sorry, lord Gezora! I didn't mean it! Have mercy! Please! Gyaaaah!
*horrible squicky noises of death*

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Shhh! The Octopus, spam is bad for your health and your warning count. Don't do it again.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image