Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Kaiju Uprising

Post by JAGzilla »

Unbeknownst to this strange "man", one such terrestrial kaiju was already doing her part to keep humanity in check. In a relatively quiet stretch of Central Park, well-camouflaged amid a cluster of tall maple trees near The Lake, crouched a young Kamacuras. Human traffic was light at the moment, which suited the forty-foot-high predator just fine. She had slipped quietly into the city during the night, her powers of stealth ensuring that few humans witnessed her arrival, and those who did failed to get any proof to support their claims. The busy NYPD couldn't, after all, afford to go chasing after all of the many reported 'monster' sightings they received, and lumped the 'giant bug' in with the 'mutant sewer gators' and 'rats the size of rhinos' they were always hearing about but could never find.

This was rather unfortunate for the seven people and two deer that Kamacuras had managed to snag throughout the morning. She'd had to let many more pass, careful to strike only isolated, unwary targets in order to avoid blowing her precarious cover; she knew there were a lot of eyes and ears around. Still, she was getting a very acceptable supply of food, and had no intention of leaving any time soon.

As she watched the walking path ahead of her, a very fat male human came waddling slowly along, eyes glued to one of those tiny, glowing rectangles the little mammals were so strangely obsessed with. He was a ridiculously easy target, and clearly made up of enough meat to be worth taking. Kamacuras inched forward, her compound eyes giving her a clear view in all directions and confirming that no other humans were watching. She sloooowly extended her spiked forelegs, positioning them for a lightning-fast strike... and then the man suddenly glanced back over his shoulder, emitting a high-pitched whistle, before turning back to his distracting device.

The mantis froze again, uncertain as to the meaning of the human's action, and then realized what it meant: a big, yellow-furred dog, previously hidden from her sight by a row of bushes, came trotting up behind its owner, tail wagging happily. But its obedience only lasted as long as it was being watched, and it promptly angled away from the path again to investigate some interesting scent or other at the edge of Kamacuras' hiding place. The predator wasn't initially concerned, and prepared to take the dog before she went on to its master... until the breeze suddenly shifted direction, and the dog froze, picking up her scent. Its head snapped upward, eyes bulging in confusion, and it caught sight of one of her poised forelegs. Barking madly, the animal bolted away down the path, narrowly dodging Kamacuras' desperate attempt to seize it before it could sound the alarm. Her forelegs smashed into the ground, ripping up clods of grass and cracking the stone path. The human had noticed, now, and looked back, shouting in horror. A nearby woman's higher-pitched shriek added to the din, startled birds took flight all around, and the damage was well and truly done.

As every human in sight began to scatter, the young mantis gave an annoyed screech and stepped forward into the open, knocking over a few trees as she did. It wasn't a total loss; she couldn't make use of her preferred ambush tactics anymore, but humans were still slow and easy to chase down. In four strides she was on the stumbling, gasping fat man, and snatched him up roughly in her left foreleg. He tried to scream in fear and agony as her razor-sharp spikes pierced his flesh, but the pressure had forced the air from his lungs and he only managed a weak groan, swatting uselessly at her limb with his flabby hands, as she brought him to her hungry mandibles and bit off his head.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

"Don't tell me you're getting soft." Kenichi said to Fukazawa, trying to lighten the mood. It felt forced and awkward, though. There wasn't any enthusiasm present in Kenichi's voice. He himself even cringed slightly as the words left his mouth. Kenichi felt a little guilty for up and leaving Fukazawa with all of the mess G-Force had, but the captain knew his friend well enough to know that Kenichi had ultimately made the right choice.

There was a momentary pause on both ends, before Kenichi followed up with a simple, "How are you doing?"

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

"Between the higher ups in disarray about the disguised agents, and a new Ghidorah that Gondo and a friend of his wants to defend, not so good. Otherwise it is just a normal day. What about yourself?" Fukazawa replied.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

The "man" heard the commotion from Central Park, people screaming something about a giant praying mantis or something. He took of running to where Central Park was, and saw it making a meal of a formerly living fat man. The sight was gruesome, as one would expect, and it simply made him angry. "What a base beast..." He said as he slipped a shiny device from his pocket, and into his left hand. "I didn't expect to have to do this for this creature, but I am out of practice. Squashing an eleven meter tall bug will help get me back into shape..." He then held it up to the air, not afraid if anyone saw him transform or not. "Dragon Rise!" He called out, the device glowed in it's gem, and he then held it over his chest as he changed his form, growing to twice the bug's size at twenty meters, and now looked different. Having draconic features, like a pair of wings, an obvious tail, a draconic muzzle, two horns on the back of his head. He was also mostly red, and had blue and silver accents. His eyes differed from an Ultra's in that his were green rather than whitish yellow.

He then stomped towards the gruesome bug, and folding his right hand into a fist. He then made it gun like by extending both his index and middle fingers straight out, with the thumb held back like a cocked gun hammer. When he was close, he spoke out without his muzzle moving, "Say your prayers, bug." He said as he then charged energy in his fingers. He then held his hand out, and fired off his "Finger Shot" attack at the bug. Blasting it and sending it flying against it's own power and skidding across the ground. This being, who would eventually introduce himself as Draborgman, wasn't concerned what happened to the partially eaten man in the Kamacuras' forelimbs, as he wasn't alive anymore. The way he saw it, it was better to focus on and save the still living, and forget about the dead.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Kamacuras let out a winded chirp of surprise as the sudden blast sent her skidding across the ground, smashing through Bethesda Fountain and coming to a stop in the middle of the terrace. Soaking wet, confused, and royally pissed off, she scrambled to her feet. Pain tore through her side as she did so, and her downward-facing compound eyes took in a nasty, bleeding gash the weapon had left in her thorax. At the same time, more of her eyes were identifying a massive, dragon-like humanoid as the obvious culprit behind the attack. Without pausing to think, she instinctively opened her wings and launched herself into the air, racing toward the aggressor to defend herself and her escaping meal. Chittering in fury, she extended her spiked forelegs and rushed to tear into the towering creature's face...

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

With a quick reaction, Draborgman grappled with the mantis, and tossed her behind himself, and used his tail to smack her away even further for emphasis. "This thing is no trouble." He said, "And I know the humans have weapons that can pulverize it. Ah well, I'll get a payment from them later for services rendered." He then made the gun symbol with his right hand again, waiting for the bug to land so he could get a good line of sight shot at her head. "I won't even have to use my powerful attacks on this one."

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

When the water had calmed in the san francisco bay, and the giant monsters had all sped off to their destinations, something stirred within the crater. Boulders and debris gave way to an orange horn, and two red ears popped out of the ground.

Hours earlier, Baragon had just barely managed to make out the image on Avery's ipad screen. It was only then that he knew what the vibrations all around him were attributed to: Godzilla. Placing Avery in the crook of his ear, where she held onto his tiny hairs, he had sped through the earths crust and towards san francisco.

When he arrived, Baragon stayed beneath the ground, choosing to eavesdrop through vibrations in the earth instead of giving himself away. It took all of his self control not to burst through the ground and sink his teeth into Gojira's neck, but he knew he wasn't a match for the Grey Worm.
He was very unfamiliar with the new way these kaiju conversed; after all, it had been millenia since he had 'spoken' to another monster, but he understood enough. They spoke of something called Ghidorah; and from the way they spoke, he knew the group had an encounter with it before now, though the one they currently hunted was an imposter.

Every single one of these kaiju had grouped together to fight against one being; only their combined strength would be enough to destroy it. Without his allies, Godzilla may not be strong enough.

It could kill Godzilla.

Hit by epiphany, Baragon carefully plucked a shellshocked Avery from his ear and set her on the ground. He slipped back into the earth, diving deep below the crust. While the kaiju were distracted with the imposter, Baragon would seal their fate.

He was going to awaken Ghidorah.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Kamacuras flapped her wings madly as she tumbled through the air, managing to land on some of her feet and skid out of the park and into a busy street beyond, toppling trees and flattening three passing cars; several more crashed as they attempted to avoid the carnage. She screeched in pain as she tried to stand upright, realizing that one of her legs had been ripped off somewhere in that mess. Thoughts of further resistance to the advancing dragon-beast melted away at once, and she knew she had to flee immediately if she was going to survive. Wings buzzing, she lifted off again and flew around the nearest corner, trying to keep the humans' massive nest structures between herself and her enemy as she retreated.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

"Where do you think you're going?" Draborgman said as he gave pursuit, and took into the air, stretching his arms out infront of himself. If the bug thought she was going to get away by flying, she was sorely mistaken. He flew around the corner, and saw her flying down the street. He then pursued her, and flew close enough to grab her, and then flew them both out of city area by going west into the Hudson River, flying over some buildings, and dropping her directly into the water. He then landed on the east bank, having made it clear she wasn't going to escape, he prepared an attack, one of his finisher techniques as he lifted his left hand up, and held his right hand in the elbow crook. A sphere of energy soon formed into his left hand, which when it had done so, he fired it off by then throwing it at the Kamacuras. At this point, were it to connect, it could potentially finish the overgrown bug off.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Kamacuras screeched in terror as she was chased down and captured. She flailed and swiped with her forelegs, but to no avail; she couldn't reach her attacker from the angle she was at. Suddenly, she received another shock as she was unceremoniously dumped into the river. Floundering helplessly, the insect managed to keep her head above the surface, but she was no swimmer, and her soaking wet wings couldn't flap very effectively. The best she could hope for was to slowly drag herself to shore, but that hope deflated as she watched the alien charge its sphere of energy. Unable to move quickly, she knew she was a sitting duck, and could only watch as the weapon hurtled closer...

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

As he expected, the bug was practically annihilated in a fireball explosion upon being impacted by the attack. It honestly didn't surprise Draborgman, as his weaker attack did some nasty damage to the Kamacuras. He caught a piece of claw, and the head, and set them down near a police officer who happened to be watching. "I'm sure you know what proper authorities to contact." Draborgman said to the officer, "In the mean time, I'll be off, and hopefully I won't wind up engaging another kaiju in city limits." He then made a grunt as he took off into the air, and disappeared.

In an alleyway near the bronx, Draborgman landed, and transformed back into his human form just as the crystal on his chest began to change color. Now human sized once more, he walked out of the alley after making sure things were clear, and no one had seen him. He'd have to head back to his temporary living space to change his clothes so as to throw off any suspicion of him not being a human. He really couldn't afford to be revealed to actually be an alien. Yet anyways... He also had to think of a way to properly get in touch with the UNGCC, and work out a little deal in payments for the services he rendered. So long as they weren't too upset by the accidental damage he caused.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Missingno. wrote:"Between the higher ups in disarray about the disguised agents, and a new Ghidorah that Gondo and a friend of his wants to defend, not so good. Otherwise it is just a normal day. What about yourself?" Fukazawa replied.
Kenichi didn't know how to answer that question. On one hand, the thought of a new Ghidorah absolutely terrified him, but he couldn't let Fukazawa hear it. Kenichi was never much for small talk, especially Fukazawa. Thusly, with a heavy sigh, he got right to the point.

"Fukazawa," Kenichi tiredly said, "Everything has changed, you and I both know that. G-Force, Japan, and hell, the entire world for that matter... Nothing is the same."

Kenichi hesitated before saying this next bit; he didn't know how Fukazawa would take it, but his friend needed to hear it.

"G-Force has been hiding secrets this entire time, Fukazawa, don't you see? Everything is starting to fall apart at the seams, and now mankind and Kaiju alike are fighting desperately for dominance." Kenichi stated solemnly. "I don't know anymore, I'm rambling on at this point, but I just... I just have this feeling, and it's not a good one."

There weren't too many things in the world that rivaled the sheer beauty of the sea at night. No artificial lights were around, allowing for the sky above to flaunt its majesty. Billions of galaxies and stars twinkled proudly, several comets shot across the sky, the moon shined above. Occasionally, large Auroras snaked overhead. Aside from the gentle swooshing of the tides, it was silent all around. This was one of the smaller moments that Godzilla appreciated the most.

Godzilla floated idly on his back, simply allowing for the waves themselves to carry him. He gazed up at the starry sky, his mind free of any invasive thoughts, his emotions calm and collected. While the others were still catching up a bit, Godzilla took this time to slow things down some, and relax just for a moment. The King of Monsters didn't get moments like these often, and always missed them once they were gone.

He never let anyone see him do this, even Anguirus, but Godzilla decided that he would allow himself to be gentler. Just this once. The nuclear saurian reached out towards the sky, his palm calmly open and facing upward. Godzilla then lit his dorsal plates, their intense blue aura shining for miles. He closed his eyes and focused on channeling the energy throughout his massive body. Suddenly, Godzilla claws glowed a bright blue, and he clenched his palm ever so gently shut. Godzilla then reopened his hand, and dozens of tiny blue orbs rose from it. Said orbs were very similar to the atomic "bubbles" that Junior used to blow.

These spheres weren't radioactive, however. They were nothing more than pure energy. With Godzilla's increase in power, the orbs were brighter and more beautiful than ever before. Like balloons, they floated high into the sky, spreading out and then hanging overhead. Every so often, the orbs would move slightly up and down, and left and right, almost like a waltz. Godzilla kept creating more and more until there were hundreds of thousands of them in the sky. The sight was absolutely beautiful and, aside from Godzilla himself, the group, was completely secluded. Maybe the annoying meat sacks were watching somehow, but Godzilla didn't care.

Some of the orbs suddenly began gathering together, lining up in different directions. They did this until they had finally created a large, twinkling shape of Mothra above. It was Godzilla's way of paying tribute to the late goddess, and her children. The monster king merely watched his lovely handiwork quietly from below. He may have been the most destructive weapon that humanity has ever conceived, but sometimes... Godzilla could create something truly special.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

"I am sure that they have been hiding things from us. They have become no better than any government in recent years it seems. But I think these recent events have legitimately caught them off guard. You should have seen their faces when Gondo's friend told them of the new Ghidorah." He said in response to Kenichi's statement. "Rambling..." he then spoke. "Something I could do after all of this. Want to do any form of a get-together again some time soon? My mind could use it." he asked.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Anguirus was some distance behind Godzilla; he was a slower swimmer in general, not really being built for it, but he had also taken the time to grab more kelp as they passed back through the forests on their way west. Now he paddled along somewhat lazily, not up to pushing himself too hard on a full stomach. He didn't want to tire himself out for the coming encounter with the new Ghidorah, either.

In any case, he was far enough back to have a clear view as the impromptu light show began. He was a bit alarmed at first, mistaking the distant blue flashes for atomic ray fire, but calmed as he realized what was actually happening. He watched in quiet amazement as the orbs of energy filled the night sky, competing impressively with the stars. In all the years he'd known Godzilla, he'd never seen his friend do anything like this, and it filled him with a new admiration for Godzilla's power. It was capable of truly incredible things, and not just feats of destruction.

And more than that, as the outline of Mothra began to form, it surprised him to see his friend do something... caring, like this. He'd seen Godzilla's good side often enough before, of course, but those moments were few and far between, lately. His concerns for Godzilla's growing darkness began to dispel; maybe there was hope for the King, yet.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

A squadron of eight F-15J fighter jets had been deployed from Nagoya when it became evident that whatever was under the ground was no natural occurrence, but the plume had moved through and devastated the southern suburbs of the city by the time they reached the affected areas. However, the lingering dust in the air from the plains to the west of the metro gave an indication where this anomaly was. Within minutes, the squadron caught up to the source of the disturbance, which was still kicking up dirt and debris as it continued its journey west. Without hesitation, the order was given to fire, and within seconds, four missiles rained down on the surface just above the source of the plume. It was noted by several of the pilots that the missiles tracked by infrared guides, which meant that a large creature was indeed under the surface. More missiles were launched, landing true towards their target. However, the thing that was under the surface was obviously unfazed, as the plume continued unimpeded. The process repeated for several minutes: a pair of two jets lowered, fired their missiles, scored a direct hit with no obvious damage dealt to whatever was moving.

However, the last pair that did this before the squadron was entirely depleted of their missiles, only things that had a hope of doing any damage, yielded a slightly different result. The missiles were fired during their dive downward, and they hit home as each other one had, but amid the smoke and debris being kicked up from the ground, a crater formed slightly ahead of the impact sites, directly ahead of the tunneling source. When the thing moved under the site of the small hole, as if in slow-motion, the pilots saw a terrifying sight; a large golden body with three necks and folded wings became visible, for no more than five seconds. As soon as it had been visible however, it disappeared back under the surface as the dust and dirt of the ground was forced upward by the creature's passage, obscuring the view of the hole, and once again creating a consistent plume–which was now heading toward Koka with no opposition.

The only thing the jets could do now was turn back and hope that the city would be somehow miraculously spared from destruction, or await news of the damage...
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Kenichi smiled softly, as strained and tired as it was. It was completely genuine, however. Spending some time with Fukazawa would definitely help ease some stress and tension that Kenichi had.

"You bet." He said. With that, Kenichi cut the line and sunk deep into his seat.

As much as Kenichi loved and looked up to Fukazawa, he could hear the stress and defeat in the captain's voice. He almost pitied Fukazawa in a way; he was stuck in the web of lies that G-Force had become, and couldn't get out. Kenichi wanted to say more to his friend, about how he really felt about all of this. He just couldn't bring himself to do so; Kenichi feared that if he did, their relationship would be forever ruined.

Was it really worth the risk?

Yoyogi Park was usually such a wonderful place to be. Birds would be singing, the trees would be dancing, the sun shining, and hundreds of people enjoying themselves for hours on end. Today wasn't like that. No birds, no sun, no people. Instead, thick clouds hung depressingly overhead, the wind blew cold and harsh, and the wildlife was silent. Only one brave soul was sitting quietly on her favorite bench; she wouldn't let a little bad weather ruin her favorite pastime.

So there Riyoko sat, awaiting Kenichi's arrival, and gazing at the emptiness surrounding her. Her long black hair danced two and fro in the wind, as well as the purple dress she wore. She had goosebumps from the chilling gusts. Riyoko didn't fret however. She felt calm and at peace, even being out in these conditions. She rubbed on her steadily growing belly.

"Just a few months away." She thought.

Riyoko always used to come to Yoyogi when she was a girl. While the others kids played and frolicked, Riyoko was content with just sitting on her little bench, and taking in the world around her. She met Kenichi in this very park. For most, as time goes on, things from their childhood usually don't mean as much as they used to; they're not as special. Not for Riyoko. This park is still just as sweet and species to her, as the very first day she came. The only difference now at this very moment is, that it was cloudy and bleak. Yoyogi was always so bright and sunny and filled with life, whenever both Riyoko and Kenichi came.

It didn't really matter though; she was just glad that she could spend some quality time here again. It had been months since the last time Riyoko visited this place. As such, she made sure that she wouldn't go another day without going to her favorite park, and sitting on her favorite bench, as worn down and raggedy as it now was. Riyoko didn't exactly know why, but she had this feeling that something was about to happen. Something rather... Tragic. Whatever it may have been, she knew that she wouldn't sit idly by in fear, and wait for it to happen. No, she would continue to enjoy her life, and spend as much time with her friends and her wonderful husband as she possibly could.

Riyoko thought of the poem that her late grandmother had recited to her before she died. She normally would always read various poems, haikus, and stories to Riyoko every time she came to visit. This specific instance though, it- it was very beautiful, but also very telling. It was as if Riyoko's grandmother knew of her inevitable death. After she had shared it with Riyoko, she died the very next morning. Riyoko would never forget it, and now that same exact feeling bubbled in the pit of her stomach. Why though?

The sound of a car pulling up took her mind off of it. She slowly turned, and smiled softly. Finally.

Song
by Christina Rossetti

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me;
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree:
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet;
And if thou wilt, remember,
And if thou wilt, forget.

I shall not see the shadows,
I shall not feel the rain;
I shall not hear the nightingale
Sing on, as if in pain:
And dreaming through the twilight
That doth not rise nor set,
Haply I may remember,
And haply may forget.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

The plume was still approaching Koka, moving straight to the west. At this rate, it would not just affect Koka, but also the southern reaches of Kusatsu and shortly after that... Kyoto. Word of such was broadcast upon realization among the geological observers that landfall of whatever was under the surface would be eminent there, though the events surrounding all of this were still unclear. The populace of that city began to evacuate, as they only had hours before the disaster arrived. Meanwhile, a plan was being drawn out among the JSDF forces that operated in the city. They knew now from the Nagoya F-15J squadron that there was a monster under the ground that was causing this, and they were going to attempt to kill it. MBT-92 and MBAW-93 maser tanks as well as dozens of Type 10, 90, and 74 tanks moved into strategic positions, while construction crews quickly dug holes in the undeveloped eastern outskirts of the city, which had explosive and tear gas mines buried in them. The plan was to force the monster out of the ground, and then unleash their payload on it as soon as it surfaced, whatever it may be. For now however, all that would have to be done was wait...
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Walterrus and Byakan were also witness to the sight Godzilla was creating, both impressed with this light show. Though as pure energy, just making light shows and the like was about the best that could be done, so Walterrus was convinced. For the real power of leviathans like him and Godzilla, radioactive energy was needed for fighting the likes of King Ghidorah and other threats. Still, there was a place for art, even a kaiju could appreciate it.

The larvae looked up, and saw Godzilla's tribute to their mother and predecessor. They took a moment themselves to pay some respects to her, while Godzilla did his work. They would all do their best to ensure the planet she loved so much would survive...

--------------------------------------

Miyagi and Vern were unsure of how much time had passed, they just knew that they had been waiting for some time. But, finally, the grandmaster of this organization "deigned" to see them face to face. Or he would have, if he wasn't wearing a silver helmet with two antenna off to the sides, and a few red circular designs, and a visor that obscured his eyes and nose, leaving only his mouth and chin visible. "My friends, I'm sorry to have brought you here in such an ugly manner." Mugal said, with a disingenuous smile, though he made it seem sincere, knowing how he had to lie in order to keep his agendas unknown to the humans. "But G Force is not exactly the most trustworthy organization out there, and quite frankly, they're quite corrupt."

"Is that the only reason you brought us here?" Miyagi asked, "Or are you only interested in the new diamond armor?"

"I will admit, that is another reason." Mugal said, "But I simply couldn't let you make the mistake of giving them that armor. Why, with that armor, they could become openly aggressive. It would bring the nations full wrath to bear on Japan. I simply can't stand to see that."

"And so you decided to kidnap us." Vern said in reply, "And you're still hiding things from us, why don't you take that helmet off so we can see who you really are if you want us to trust you?"

"I'm afraid I can't do that." Mugal said, "You see, the world doesn't trust our kind, not since rogue elements tried to seize control so many years ago. We can only operate in secret if we wish to ensure the future of the planet."

"Yeah, rogue elements that said they were working under orders of your people." Miyagi shot out, "Elements that did the same thing you did. And that MechaGodzilla? It's the same one your people used before."

"We only acted the way we did to protect ourselves." Mugal said, "And that MechaGodzilla was stolen, but we have recovered it, and are going to use it to stop these kaiju attacks. You'll see, we really aren't like those rogue elements."

"Your men attempted to kill a friend of mine..." Vern said, "Doesn't seem much different to me, and if that was the case, why didn't you send it out against the likes of monsters such as Monster X? I'm not at all convinced."

"You two really are smart... for such primitives..." Mugal said with a sigh of exasperation. "I was hoping to make this easy, but we will have what we want. One way or another." He then signaled for some armed guards. "Take Doctor Mafune, he'll be the best of use under some proper... modifications. Leave Doctor Orell, we'll get what we need from him if we need it."

The guards did as instructed, entering the cell and grabbing Miyagi while separating him from Vern. Although it was with some resistance from both men. Though it was ultimately futile as Vern was knocked to the ground, and Miyagi dragged kicking and screaming. Vern helplessly reached out, but couldn't do anything else as the cell was locked again, and Mugal left with a chuckle. Vern was now alone, with only the guard that had been at the door...

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Hidachi stood in front of the TV mounted in his office, watching the carnage unfold in Koka on the news. Reporters and anchors across several different news stations were all asking the same question: where was G-Force? One reporter, a tall, spindly, and brown-haired woman stated how citizens across the globe were now losing hope.

"They are questioning if G-Force is even protecting us anymore. We all are." She said.

Hidachi hung his head in shame and disappointment.

"Why are you even watching that crap?" A voice suddenly called out. It was Vaughn, now standing in the doorway of Hidachi's office. The latter glanced over his shoulder at him, and sighed deeply.

"What if they're right?" Hidachi muttered under his breath.

Joseph raised an eyebrow. "What the hell are you on about?" He asked.

"Do you not see how far we've fallen, Joseph?" Hidachi responded. "Look at the mess we're currently in: people are leaving left and right, there are spies hiding among our ranks, most of our equipment is down... We're nowhere near the same as we use to be."

Hidachi looked back at the screen. "And now monsters all over the globe are terrorizing civilization, and taking millions of lives in a day, and we can't do a damn thing about it."

Vaughn frowned. "You can''t expect everything to go right ALL of the time, Britannia; every company has setbacks." He tried to reason.

"But WE didn't!" Hidachi exclaimed. "G-Force used to be admired as the company that could do it all, Joseph. We stood for something, we looked danger in the eye and spit in its face, and above all else... We kept this country and the whole damn world safe from catastrophe."

Hidachi plopped down in his seat and stared off into space. "Now look at us." He grumbled.

Vaughn stared at his friend for a moment, before looking down at the ninja figurine sitting on his desk. Vaughn picked it up and turned it over in his hands delicately.

"Remember when I gave you this?" He asked. "What was the reason I told you?"

"Come on, Joseph, I'm not in the mood to-"

Vaughn held up his hand. "What was the reason?" He asked again, in a more demanding tone this time.

Hidachi stared at the figurine in Joseph's hand and said, "Because I made a promise to you." He answered.

"And what was that promise?" Vaughn questioned.

"To keep this country safe." Hidachi said.

Vaughn nodded his head in agreement before gazing down at the statue once more. "This country has made a lot of mistakes, Britannia. Hell, mankind as a whole has done a lot of vile things. But we can't allow ourselves to be ruled by those mistakes. This company was founded as a means to make up for those wrongs."

Vaughn set the beautiful statue down in front of Hidachi. "G-Force still stands for something, even if its something as simple now as proving the world wrong. However, we can't do that without a leader to guide us through." He affirmed.

Hidachi ran his fingers along the golden bits of the ninja's armor, and looked up to see Vaughn walking towards the door.

"Joseph," Hidachi called out. "Thanks."

Vaughn turned and shot the vice president a quick wink. "Hey, someone has to come in and kick you in the ass every once and awhile." He said. "Oh, and one more thing, Moguera is repaired and ready to go. Want me to let Fukazawa know?"

"Do it." Hidachi said, and with that, Vaughn marched out of the office, leaving the former to himself and his thoughts.

Akiba rested against the railings on the bridge in Kiryu's hanger, staring up at his broken, and slumbering mecha. He looked at all of the various scorch marks and ruptures in the armor, specifically. It had taken a lot longer to get Kiryu up and running again, than previously anticipated. The gargantuan nuclear pulse that Godzilla released in Osaka, completely fried the cyborg's DNA computers, rendering even the most basic of functions useless. DNA computers were all but impossible to replace in a decent amount of time; their algorithms were still the most advanced and complex technology in the world. That however, is not what had shaken Akiba's faith towards G-Force. All mechas needed repairs at some point; that was the cost of having enormous war machines under your control. But the fact that the brass had all but left everyone, including their pilots in the dark about what was going on, and that G-Force itself was practically a ghost town from all of the people leaving... That was what brought Akiba right to the edge. He couldn't necessarily quit. Who would then pilot Kiryu? But he was right at that point; he wouldn't keep working for a company that was at this point, no better than the government. Akiba loved his job, and he loved Kiryu, but he didn't love it enough to keep turning a blind eye to all of the lies and secrets.

"He's a beauty, even now." A familiar voice suddenly echoed out. Akiba looked up to see Alexander Becket limping towards him. The latter was in a boot and a sling, with various amounts of tape wrapped around his forehead.

Akiba smiled. "It's good to see you up and walking, kid." He said. "You were out for how long, again?"

"Three days." Alexander responded solemnly. "The doctors said I had nasty concussion afterwards, enough to put me in a small coma. Hell, the only reason I'm up now is due to a shitload of drugs."

"I know the feeling, Becket, trust me." Akiba laughed. "How's Gipsy doing?"

Alexander shook his head, "She COULD be all the way fixed by now, if the engineers would actually get to work. No one accept for Vaughn is overseeing any of the repair work." He grumbled.

"That's because there is no one." Akiba pointed out. "Pretty much everyone left, remember?"

"Yeah." Alexander stated sadly. "In any case, how are you doing?" He asked.

Akiba nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. "I'm here, that counts for something I guess. I'd be lying if I said I was still happy here, though." He said.

Alexander looked at him sideways whilst gazing up at Kiryu. "Not even the thought of kicking Godzilla's ass?" He offered.

"Not even that gives me the same satisfaction anymore." Akiba said.

"Well, I know one thing: when Gipsy is repaired, her and I are hunting down the ugly bastard that beat us, and ramming a sword down his throat." Alexander stated aggressively.

Akiba laughed. "You've got heart kid, I'll give you that".

Alexander looked at him. "So did you." He calmly retorted.

Akiba stared at the young pilot, halfway confused about what he meant by that.

"Where'd it go?" Alexander asked dryly and turned and limped off out of the hangar.

Akiba watched as he left and looked at Kiryu. Even as the mechanical dragon slept, Akiba could feel his judgement. It was as though Kiryu was disappointed by his pilot's recent change in attitude, and Akiba knew it.

Godzilla cruised through the gentle tides, still a ways away from the others. He looked back to see that Junior had now taken up position beside Anguirus, and was keeping a steady pace with him. They had been traveling for so long now... Perhaps Godzilla would allow everyone to take a breather for a bit. That is until his senses were bombarded with an incredibly powerful source of energy. Godzilla's eyes narrowed. He recognized that scent, and it made him livid. It was Ghidorah, at least the one that was supposedly "docile". They were getting closer, but Ghidorah was on the move. Godzilla wouldn't allow the demon to escape. The monster king had sensed another source of energy as well, and this one was right below him. An enormous nuclear submarine was traveling deeply below Godzilla's position, somehow managing to mask its unique scent until now.

With a sudden burst of speed, Godzilla dived below the waves after the aquatic vehicle. Due to his recent increase in overall power, it took no time for Godzilla to catch up with the submarine. Like that of a giant locomotive, the nuclear titan brutally slammed into the oblong ship. The force of the blow was more than enough to rupture the hull, allowing for Godzilla to bludgeon the sub further with his massive claws. He wasn't power hungry, but Godzilla knew that if he was to soon face off against a spawn of Ghidorah, then he would need to be at his peak.

Junior had also sensed the submarine and watched as his father went down to attack it. He put a claw firmly on Anguirus's back, and held him there. He informed his uncle and everyone else for that matter, to wait until Godzilla was finished with his business. Suddenly, a massive torrent of water erupted thousands of feet into the sky, sending fat droplets and icy mist every which way. Junior braced himself for the inevitable crest, and covered his eyes as the titanic wave slammed into himself and Anguirus. Several minutes later, after things had settled down some, the monster prince looked up and found Godzilla sitting upright in the water. Junior called out to his father, asking if he was alright.

Godzilla turned and faced Junior. His fiery, amber eyes glowed more intensely than they've ever been, his dorsal fins gleamed beautifully like pearls off the water's surface, and his entire body now had a permanent aura of pure blue energy surrounding him. Godzilla's gargantuan power caused for the water surrounding him to bubble and spray intensely. It could be felt for miles. Godzilla nodded gently at his son's question, and shot Anguirus a look. It meant that his friend needed to prepare himself for battle, for if this new spawn of the three headed demon was to turn hostile, they needed to be ready.

The monster king whipped around, and, in newfound speeds, blazed through the ocean towards the immature Ghidorah. Due to his immense velocity, Godzilla literally split the surface of the water surrounding him in half. In seconds, the King of Monsters was gone, leaving sprites of atomic energy and a ravaged submarine in his wake.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Minutes felt like hours as the radio channels of the JSDF were teeming with activity in and around Kyoto, awaiting for the arrival of whatever was under the ground. First came the news of a relatively narrow section of the southern section in Koka being severely damaged, then came the reports of damage in the developing sections in south Kusatsu... Time started to crawl as the commanding officer of the JSDF forces in position throughout Kyoto waited for the first signs of the beast. A news helicopter flew overhead, broadcasting live the imminent disaster.

Then, in the rural stretch of land between Kyoto and Kusatsu, detonations were seen and heard as plumes of tear gas began to rise from the ground, indicating that whatever this was had arrived. Another line of mines detonated next, this time a mix of explosives and tear gas in attempt to drive the creature out of the ground. All at once after this had occurred, the tremors ceased in the ground. Then, before any inspections of the results of these mines could be undertaken, the ground bulged, and a head rose from it. All at once, every observer knew exactly what this was: King Ghidorah! The head wailed, and another rose, as did the third. After each head was surfaced, the beast began to bring its body out of the ground, shaking the dirt from its golden form while doing so. After a couple minutes, the dragon had completely emerged. The helicopter circled above; the cameraman noting the differences of what very much looked like the monster that terrorized Earth so many years ago, particularly in size and overall stature, compared to what had just revealed itself.

The middle head on the creature looked towards the sun which still gave off little remaining daylight that filled the otherwise darkening sky, and seemed to reel in shock. Almost as if it hadn't been entirely on course... All three heads then looked in unison to the southwest, and began to move in this direction, entering the city limits of Kyoto...
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!