Monster Discussion: Skull Crawlers/Ramarak

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Re: Monster Discussion: Skull Crawlers/Ramarak

Post by Omegamorph »

terribly boring things, literally just generic off-the-go pre-packaged modern top-heavy monster design.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Redem
Monsterland Worker

Post by Redem »

So how bad of a problem are they post-skull island?

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Loved that they were call-backs to the two-legged lizard in the 1933 movie, loved the designs, but... they just didn't do it for me. The big one was cool but was introduced too late into the movie, in my opinion. The Muto's were given time to for the audience to connect to them, this one just shows up at the finale with just one line stating it existed before then.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I was surprised
Spoiler:
when Ramarak survived seeing his throat sliced open by the propellor. . I guess they don't need oxygen to breathe.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

I really liked them. I thought the CGI for the last battle was wonderful; that's not easy to choreograph a CGI fight in water AND in the daytime.. every movement looked authentic, from the waves moving to the sun reflecting off of their body, it looked awesome.

Dracostar44
Samurai

Post by Dracostar44 »

I enjoy skullcrawlers espically Ramarak i loved how he was both intelligent and sadistic
Why be king when you can be God

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I really liked the skullcrawlers and especially Ramarak. They had unique designs, and they felt threatening. I do feel there wasn't enough time with them, but that's more the movie generally feeling a little rushed. Ramarak was awesome, (s)he was a menacing final foe and all around was a great match for Kong. I do feel like Ramarak could have had a few more things to distinguish it from the other Skullcrawlers.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I feel like we should ask the director what Ramarak's gender is haha.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Gothicserpent wrote:I feel like we should ask the director what Ramarak's gender is haha.
I think it it was ryguy who came up with a really good answer for that: Seeing as how the skullcrawlers are likely varanids, and varanid males are bigger than females, Ramrak is prolly male.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Where did the name Ramarak come from?

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Gojira18 wrote:Where did the name Ramarak come from?
It was trademarked as ramarak the skull crawlers by legendary for some reason.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I don't understand why Legendary would copyright the name Ramarak when it's never uttered in the film and there's zero merchandise for the particular Skullcrawler
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I don't understand why Legendary would copyright the name Ramarak when it's never uttered in the film and there's zero merchandise for the particular Skullcrawler
It's business and makes sense for merchandise and legal reasons.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

There is no Ramarak merchandise, and I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any planned

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I'm not a fan of the design, just a personal preference; but I admit it's greatly done and I know why people loved them.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Kongamera
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kongamera »

I wish they had some extra abilities like electricity, like they showed in 2nd trailer but I enjoyed them a lot. I loved their design, its pretty unique.
Ever since 2nd trailer came out, I was surprised to see many comments across internet (which normally has an obsession for originality) finding their design stupid.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I absolutely fell in love with the Skullcrawlers. At first when I saw them from the trailer, I was very skeptical about their design due to them only looking like two legged lizards. However, they (especially Ramarak) are very intelligent. They are also able to kill almost all of their prey, and if it weren't for the humans, Ramarak would have killed Kong in his current position. A minor thing, but I also love how they look like an orca whale with patterns on their face which look like eyes, but their real eyes are in the back. I would love to see them in GvK, even as a cameo.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I'm assuming Ramarak's going to have a bigger role in the comic

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I like 'em. Definitely one of the more unique monsters out there, and an update to an existing Kong critter to boot. Their fighting style was interesting too, using their tails to ensnare enemies then "reel" themselves in and bite their enemies. Ramarak was by far the coolest one of them all. I sort of wish he/she had a bit more distinguishing features to tell it apart from the other Skullcrawlers though.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

I could tell Ramarak apart easy, my problem was how quickly it appears and how quickly it goes. Also wish it was more a threat, no way this thing killed Kong's parents, musta been in its prime then by KSI time, old and worthless :lol: