The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Hello, all! After months of waiting, we are now getting the KWCE live! This thread, like the original KWC counterpart, serves as a general discussion to all things KWCE. I originally wanted a subforum from the get-go, but that will depend on the success and the yield of the KWCE. ;)

So as I get everything set up, feel free to talk away!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by godzillafan1954 »

So what's the deal with KWCE matches involving KWC combatants?
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godzillafan1954 wrote:So what's the deal with KWCE matches involving KWC combatants?
You'll see. ;) Granted, if you were looking at the cards and whatnot, there are going to be slightly different rules to the KWCE versions of the KWC roster. Some of them.

Also, get this out of the way now, I am currently not taking submissions at this time. KWCE has literally been one of the major reasons I've stood around for as long as I have. With it now going live (after much discussion with Greyshot), I should hopefully disappear for long periods of time... With one major exception. ;)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I love the monster cards. They're really good, and I can tell quite a bit of effort went into them.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:I love the monster cards. They're really good, and I can tell quite a bit of effort went into them.
Thank you! Those things took a while... And to imagine, there are a lot more Outsider cards that need to be made. :lol: But I didn't want to hold it off any longer. Plus, there's going to be something KWCE that I wanted to post later on... But of course, I need to get the KWCE up and running, first!

So anyone tuning in, has anyone read the first KWCE match? Pretty good! :D
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 27&t=26383

Pair of kings.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I'm glad you switched out King Kong 2005 with 1933 :)
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Coobzilla03 wrote:I'm glad you switched out King Kong 2005 with 1933 :)
No, not switched. Thing is, if we wanted to get the KWCE off the ground sooner, we would have to work on the majority of the monsters listed another time. 2005 will still be added. Just not immediately. ;)

Pair of kings.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

KaijuX wrote:
Coobzilla03 wrote:I'm glad you switched out King Kong 2005 with 1933 :)
No, not switched. Thing is, if we wanted to get the KWCE off the ground sooner, we would have to work on the majority of the monsters listed another time. 2005 will still be added. Just not immediately. ;)
Still, at least he came in before the big gorilla of 2005.

Added in 10 minutes 37 seconds:
Also, I assume we're limited to the locations given?
Resized Image

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Nice!

Also, is my LPG vs Slattern match the reason that Pyongyang is listed as a location? *crosses fingers for KaijuX to give his thoughts on it*

Added in 19 minutes :
Wait up, where are the cards for Golza, Silvagon, and Neosaurus? Are they still being created?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Why is Otachi's picture on her card missing the arms?
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Whoever told you the names of Zetton, Eleking and Baltan's attacks was wrong. I provided you with the correct name for the abilities of the first two, yet you chose to completely ignore them.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Why is Otachi's picture on her card missing the arms?
Look down to the bottom left, Arm 1. Arm 2 is obscured behind the bio text.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SpaceG92 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Why is Otachi's picture on her card missing the arms?
Look down to the bottom left, Arm 1. Arm 2 is obscured behind the bio text.
Well in that case, never mind.
KWCE Administrator

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

As far as the arena goes, like the KWC, anything goes. The arenas you see listed are just some examples--most of them pulled from submissions I currently have. Like the roster, the arenas will be ever-expanding. ;)

Pair of kings.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Sooo.... How do you guys enjoy the formatting? Do you think there should be any changes for this setup? Or do you guys enjoy it the way it currently is?

Pair of kings.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

KaijuX wrote:Sooo.... How do you guys enjoy the formatting? Do you think there should be any changes for this setup? Or do you guys enjoy it the way it currently is?
It's very different from what I'm used to, but I think it's pretty cool. Not having a banner to admire is gonna be weird for a while. But the monster round up is cool so far. I don't know much about most of the monsters, but the cards are awesome. Looking forward to the second match.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

KaijuX wrote:Sooo.... How do you guys enjoy the formatting? Do you think there should be any changes for this setup? Or do you guys enjoy it the way it currently is?
1 minor complaint: Showa Godzilla should be 95 meters because he's taller than King Kong 1962. But this really isn't format per say
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Coobzilla03 wrote:
1 minor complaint: Showa Godzilla should be 95 meters because he's taller than King Kong 1962. But this really isn't format per say
Not wrong, but it's a bit of a direct reference to G:U's G'54 height, which I recall being 90 meters. ;)

Pair of kings.

Venom 2009
G-Force Personnel

Post by Venom 2009 »

Glad to see the KWCE up and running! I enjoy the first KWCE match, even though I never seen Dragon Wars. Also, the monster and arena cards are awesome!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Venom 2009 wrote:Glad to see the KWCE up and running! I enjoy the first KWCE match, even though I never seen Dragon Wars. Also, the monster and arena cards are awesome!
Thank you! These things took a while to make. And truth be told, there is a list of monsters we wanted done before going live... Think I've said this already, but I just wanted to get this sucker up and running. Got some special plans in mind. ;)

Pair of kings.