Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Yep, it seems some "potential" spoilers are popping around, so watch yo back. Dump spoilers here if you want, be spoiled at your own risk. I dont know any yet.....
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla Anime 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Dump em out, I'm all ears
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:Dump em out, I'm all ears
This.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Kaijunator wrote:
AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:Dump em out, I'm all ears
This.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Well.......im made this so ya guys can share them. I dont know any

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Outside of there maybe being aliens in the movie I haven't really heard anything spoilery.

In fact, it feels like I know squat about this movie outside of what I've seen in the teaser/concept images.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Alright guys, here's a rough translation of the magazine just released in Japan.
. "In this work I'd like to have a theme based on the battle between humans and Godzilla. And, although it will be the first information, another race who has made human type besides humans will appear! Why do they draw deadly fight with Godzilla, since they will draw a drama of various values, please expect it "(Furusawa P)
Working on getting other sections translated.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Cookson wrote:Alright guys, here's a rough translation of the magazine just released in Japan.
. "In this work I'd like to have a theme based on the battle between humans and Godzilla. And, although it will be the first information, another race who has made human type besides humans will appear! Why do they draw deadly fight with Godzilla, since they will draw a drama of various values, please expect it "(Furusawa P)
Thanks for translating!

Sounds interesting so far

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

. World aiming SF - Godzilla: Anime, every fetal movement? Then! Ka Kei progress degree 50% Increase the quality of the image also recorded in Presco /> Cib de CU Deuser Furuzawa Heavy Taboo Under cooking with a womb-free idea, around 1 year summer cash register "Planning launch is 1 l version" GODZILLA Immediately after the release of Hollywood Me for Ngelly Pictures Production I thought that I wanted to expand Godzilla to a younger generation and wanted to produce Godzilla at animation La. In order to make Godzilla - II that has never been seen by anyone, it was decided that we asked Screenplay to write the script. Godzilla 's taboo was unconscious and freedom S - I wanted you to cook Where there are innovative settings and plots while utilizing past series, SF-like world and setting in visual is one of them. Currently, in the state that the image is connected to the last in the layout and the contest, it will become the work of the visual O quality up in the future. As new information will be announced in AnimeJapa II in March, please be noted "
That's super rough to translate. It sounds like it's 50% completed though.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

So judging by that they are trying to aim it at a younger generation.

(hope its Jet Jaguar.... :huge: )

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cookson wrote:Alright guys, here's a rough translation of the magazine just released in Japan.
I guess that pretty much confirms a
Spoiler:
Monster/alien-type humanoid race.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Cookson wrote:
. "In this work I'd like to have a theme based on the battle between humans and Godzilla. And, although it will be the first information, another race who has made human type besides humans will appear!"
#TAILHUMANOIDSCONFIRMED

If this isn't a direct sequel to Final Wars, in which the Xiliens return to take down Gordon once and for all, I'll burn my house down.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I like the idea of making it at least accessible to kids, but hopefully it is in a Star Wars blockbuster kind of way....and not in something that feels watered down with pandering "Kiddy appeal".

Because if they can get the best of both worlds, riding off of the success of Shin Godzilla...this film could demolish at the Japanese Box Office.

But I like that after the very dark and serious Shin Godzilla that they are willing/interested in going with something that is a little more in the 'works for a wider audience' range.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

I think by younger generation he means the current group of viewers in their 20s rather than necessarily kids.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Changed the title to its appropriate name!

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Chrispy_G wrote:I like the idea of making it at least accessible to kids, but hopefully it is in a Star Wars blockbuster kind of way....and not in something that feels watered down with pandering "Kiddy appeal".

Because if they can get the best of both worlds, riding off of the success of Shin Godzilla...this film could demolish at the Japanese Box Office.

But I like that after the very dark and serious Shin Godzilla that they are willing/interested in going with something that is a little more in the 'works for a wider audience' range.
I really, REALLY hope that this film isn't going to be pandering, or treat the audience like they aren't intelligent. But my hopes are very high for this film, as well as very excited, because this will be the very first animated Godzilla feature film!

I said this on another threat related to Godzilla: Monster Planet, but I feel like they might change Godzilla's origin to make him a space dwelling lifeform. Or maybe this film could be like Invasion Of The Astro Monster, where Godzilla is brought from Earth to a distant planet. After all, they did say this film may be more ' friendly ' or not as dark as Shin Godzilla.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

So an official title is finally revealed, awesome!
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

So we meet aliens that created humanity? If so, sweet!!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

OK, so the AnimeJapan Toho booth is giving away a "Investigation Report". Inside it you have a time line of when a Kaiju first attacked(1999) to when they left the planet(like 2040's I believe).

The Kaiju mentioned:
-Kamacuras
-Dogora
-Orga
-Hedorah
-Anguirus
-Rodan
-Godzilla

That's a interesting monster lineup. Whether they appear in the movie is unclear. Humanity get wiped the hell out. I believe they say only 11% of humanity is left when they officially evacuate. I think it's hilarious that Kamacuras is the first kaiju to appear in this world.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:OK, so the AnimeJapan Toho booth is giving away a "Investigation Report". Inside it you have a time line of when a Kaiju first attacked(1999) to when they left the planet(like 2040's I believe).

The Kaiju mentioned:
-Kamacuras
-Dogora
-Orga
-Hedorah
-Anguirus
-Rodan
-Godzilla

That's a interesting monster lineup. Whether they appear in the movie is unclear. Humanity get wiped the hell out. I believe they say only 11% of humanity is left when they officially evacuate. I think it's hilarious that Kamacuras is the first kaiju to appear in this world.

[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7wGDM-U8AQsC0M.jpg[/img]

[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7wR4cgU8AEk5KL.jpg[/img]

[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7wGgXOV4AAHReU.jpg[/img]
Dagahra's on that list, too! How interesting. A very diverse line-up.

Hedorah on there is... weird. Not quite sure what it's trying to say about him. I think they used Hedorah-inspired weaponry (biological, chemical) to combat Rodan and Anguirus? Or "Hedorah" was the name of some kind of attack strategy. Either way, it caused pollution damage.
Spoiler:
※ 生物化学兵器による 「ヘドラ」作戦成功。 河北省全域に汚染被害発生。
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock