Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.0

Post by TheMariobros17 »

We're getting way too political! Let's just drop it right now!
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

lol. OH NO POLITICS! EVERYONE RUN FOR THE HILLS! relax people. Go put your UBG into the splits and you'll be happy
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

:lol: :lol: politics on a MA thread..

Any who, MM's poll does give me hope for a Showa Gigan......Please Tamashii Gods give us Showa Gigan. How awesome if they did. He is my second favorite kaiju. Did I mention I love me some Showa Gigan.........?

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

guys let's just stop talking about trump and talk about monsterarts plz
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

TheMariobros17
Interpol Agent

Post by TheMariobros17 »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:guys let's just stop talking about trump and talk about monsterarts plz
Good idea. So the SHMA Awakening Shin I think it looks good and I have a pre order secure. I just have fears for the final product even though that's already been said for the 9 billionth time.
I maybe called TheMariobros17 on here but I am now known as everywhere else, Super Mariozilla!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCbn_ ... 426S5Y90NA
Resized Image

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

I think your talking about how you don't want to talk about politics more than you are talking about politics. :lol:
This is the beginning of the end.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Destorogoji wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:There's a better one floating around, it was posted in the last thread but I can't dig it up right now.
ikr

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL8jD9MB8n8/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMCPpwShst2/
That's the one!

The first one posted isn't bad by any means. For a custom it came out pretty good, and you have to admire the dedication in some people :D The use of Ultra Act Belial is pretty creative to get Monster X's face and teeth implemented.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Love that custom Monster X. I was one of the ones who voted for Monster X in the poll, and definitely hope we see one in the future.

Kind of OT, but curious; is anyone getting Shins Form 2 and 3? Not sure if I want to go through with it or not.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Maritonic wrote: Kind of OT, but curious; is anyone getting Shins Form 2 and 3? Not sure if I want to go through with it or not.
I'm getting them. Anything Kamata-kun is a must for me. And he looks adorable in his SHMA form, I'll be able to use him in a lot of creative toy photography. Hence why I pulled the trigger right away. When I finally saw the price I was a bit surprised by how low it was for a web exclusive two pack.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:There's a better one floating around, it was posted in the last thread but I can't dig it up right now.
ikr

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL8jD9MB8n8/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMCPpwShst2/
That's the one!

The first one posted isn't bad by any means. For a custom it came out pretty good, and you have to admire the dedication in some people :D The use of Ultra Act Belial is pretty creative to get Monster X's face and teeth implemented.
Looking at that custom, which seems to use a NECA Alien for parts of it [EDIT: Looking at the IG comments, it did use an alien figure for the head and tail]--it occurs to me that Tamashii could easily make a Monster X by cannibalizing parts from the Big Chap figure.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

My Ultimate Burning Godzilla arrived. Yay.

Derp eyes are very minor. Can only notice it if you're specifically looking for it, otherwise invisible on a shelf. Yay.

Gums and teeth are surprisingly perfect. Yay.

Rest of the paint is almost without fault. I say almost because there's an ugly black splotch on top of one of the spines on the left side. Luckily it's not very noticeable from a distance but still... never had a paint issue THAT bad before. :sigh:

Were it not for that little fuckup I'd give the paint a 4.5/5. But alas, I have to subtract a point for that. Gotta wonder what happened there. 3.5/5.

Articulation is good. Only real issues is some derpyness in the left thigh and a little bit of stiffness in the tail and neck. No loose joints here. Pretty good overall. 4.5/5.

Haven't yet tried on the smoke effects. I'll update this post once I do.

EDIT:

Smoke effect on the right arm is impossible to get on. Had to rest it on there.

The effect as a whole isn't as impressive as it looks in the promotions, sadly. Good idea, but the execution here wasn't so good.

Accessories: 2/5

Overall: 3.5/5
Last edited by Spuro on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:My Ultimate Burning Godzilla arrived. Yay.

Derp eyes are very minor. Can only notice it if you're specifically looking for it, otherwise invisible on a shelf. Yay.

Gums and teeth are surprisingly perfect. Yay.

Rest of the paint is almost without fault. I say almost because there's an ugly black splotch on top of one of the spines on the left side. Luckily it's not very noticeable from a distance but still... never had a paint issue THAT bad before. :sigh:

Were it not for that little fuckup I'd give the paint a 4.5/5. But alas, I have to subtract a point for that. Gotta wonder what happened there. 3.5/5.

Articulation is good. Only real issues is some derpyness in the left thigh and a little bit of stiffness in the tail and neck. No loose joints here. Pretty good overall. 4.5/5.

Haven't yet tried on the smoke effects. I'll update this post once I do.
Let me know if you figure out some sort of trick for the right arm's smoke effect. Can't seem to get that one working for me. Otherwise, the rest go on just fine. I'm still very pleased with my UBG.

Added in 45 seconds:
Castellan Zilla wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Kind of OT, but curious; is anyone getting Shins Form 2 and 3? Not sure if I want to go through with it or not.
I'm getting them. Anything Kamata-kun is a must for me. And he looks adorable in his SHMA form, I'll be able to use him in a lot of creative toy photography. Hence why I pulled the trigger right away. When I finally saw the price I was a bit surprised by how low it was for a web exclusive two pack.
See, I'm that way about Shin's third form (I...don't know what we're calling him these days. I know Kamata-kun is the second form). I love the vinyl figures, but I really want an articulated version.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Maritonic wrote:See, I'm that way about Shin's third form (I...don't know what we're calling him these days. I know Kamata-kun is the second form). I love the vinyl figures, but I really want an articulated version.
Shinagawa-kun? I honestly like the design of it a lot and wish we'd seen more of it in the film. Probably my only complaint with the SHMA take is his brown color doesn't seem dark enough.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla21 wrote: And how many people voted in Naruto's poll? I think a whole lot more than 60.
Naruto's poll was across everything. Ours was just over these forums. And as we already know, there's certain cults... err... I mean "groups" that just hate this place (and anything my name is attached to - Sorry folks, get ready to hate A LOT of stuff). I never expected ours to be as big as his and never said otherwise. HOWEVER, our results were not skewered by blatant troll votes for Bagan (durr-hurr! If Bagan gets figure fans be super upset and it be the funny!) and being able to run to every single person you know and tell them to up-vote certain kaiju, something I know for a fact was a legit issue with Naruto's back in the day.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Maritonic wrote:See, I'm that way about Shin's third form (I...don't know what we're calling him these days. I know Kamata-kun is the second form). I love the vinyl figures, but I really want an articulated version.
Shinagawa-kun? I honestly like the design of it a lot and wish we'd seen more of it in the film. Probably my only complaint with the SHMA take is his brown color doesn't seem dark enough.

I agree completely. 100%. I wish he was a bit more brown or red, he's too neutral colored. Which works for Kamata-kun, but not him.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Maritonic wrote: Let me know if you figure out some sort of trick for the right arm's smoke effect. Can't seem to get that one working for me. Otherwise, the rest go on just fine. I'm still very pleased with my UBG.
No luck with that one. Gap in the shoulder can't go wide enough. X_X
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Rest of the paint is almost without fault. I say almost because there's an ugly black splotch on top of one of the spines on the left side. Luckily it's not very noticeable from a distance but still... never had a paint issue THAT bad before. :sigh:

Oddly, my Spitfire Godzilla has a small splotch of blue paint on its tail--several segments away from the last bit of blue pain on the tail. It's weird.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Let me know if you figure out some sort of trick for the right arm's smoke effect. Can't seem to get that one working for me. Otherwise, the rest go on just fine. I'm still very pleased with my UBG.
No luck with that one. Gap in the shoulder can't go wide enough. X_X
That's my issue as well.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

MM Raids Again wrote:
Naruto's poll was across everything. Ours was just over these forums.
I thought you were soliciting votes from people outside TK?
MM Raids Again wrote: And as we already know, there's certain cults... err... I mean "groups" that just hate this place (and anything my name is attached to - Sorry folks, get ready to hate A LOT of stuff). I never expected ours to be as big as his and never said otherwise. HOWEVER, our results were not skewered by blatant troll votes for Bagan (durr-hurr! If Bagan gets figure fans be super upset and it be the funny!) and being able to run to every single person you know and tell them to up-vote certain kaiju, something I know for a fact was a legit issue with Naruto's back in the day.
And why are we about to hate a lot of stuff? I'm scared to know
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla21 wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:
Naruto's poll was across everything. Ours was just over these forums.
I thought you were soliciting votes from people outside TK?
The option was there for people to message me offsite to cast their votes and a few people did. But I didn't go around to every corner of the fanbase screaming at people to come vote and look at the site/survey. That shit is obnoxious, especially on Facebook pages. The only place this was really advertised was on TK itself. Since, you know, it is a TK project.
MM Raids Again wrote: And as we already know, there's certain cults... err... I mean "groups" that just hate this place (and anything my name is attached to - Sorry folks, get ready to hate A LOT of stuff). I never expected ours to be as big as his and never said otherwise. HOWEVER, our results were not skewered by blatant troll votes for Bagan (durr-hurr! If Bagan gets figure fans be super upset and it be the funny!) and being able to run to every single person you know and tell them to up-vote certain kaiju, something I know for a fact was a legit issue with Naruto's back in the day.
And why are we about to hate a lot of stuff? I'm scared to know[/quote]

It's pretty easy to understand. There's a good number of people that dislike me (and I honestly couldn't give two shits) and don't like whatever I put my greasy little hands on. I have a lot more projects in store for TK, including another survey for another company (hint - it rhymes with FLECKA), more interviews, an extensive gallery based on an old 1990's toyline, and several more articles.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?