GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread

Post by RamshackleRanger »

If the TV spots are any indication, the fights in this are going to be badass. Godzilla's a sort of wrestling grappler while kong is MMA. I can't wait to see what happens between the two.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I just realized that if Godzilla vs Kong stays on 2020 were getting that even if Skull island and G2 flops.

The movie would have to be filmed by March 2019.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Got this screencap from a recent review of the 18" Kong figure. Now THIS is a perfect size difference between the two creatures for GvKK:

"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Except that Kong is 100 feet and Godzilla's over 300, and the Jakks figure is what, 24" tall, so a scale Kong would be 8", the Lanard Kong is roughly a 200 foot Kong to that Godzilla.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

^Kong is going to grow between now and 2020

200 feet will be very believable at that point
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GFAN198423 wrote:Except that Kong is 100 feet and Godzilla's over 300, and the Jakks figure is what, 24" tall, so a scale Kong would be 8", the Lanard Kong is roughly a 200 foot Kong to that Godzilla.
Thats about the right size. And if he's built the same way with that muscle I can see it
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Ryguy wrote:^Kong is going to grow between now and 2020

200 feet will be very believable at that point
I don't think they're going to have him double in size.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

GFAN198423 wrote:I don't think they're going to have him double in size.
Dude really how else is he going to fight Godzilla at 100 feet? He has to grow big enough to be a challenge...I mean even if he couldn't grow that big naturally you could throw plot in there like he grows much bigger throughout the 40 years due to radiation, problem solved.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Idc anymore, as long as the movie comes out.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I don't care if he is 200 feet tall or 175 feet tall as long as the fight is executed well. I just want a good movie. Fights between smaller opponents and huge opponents can be executed well. Hell, Gojira has been fighting Ghidorah for years and he's like, almost twice as big. Even bigger than that on some movies. I don't see why Kong being smaller is ridiculous but not Goji being smaller than Ghidorah. Hmm... Am I sensing a bias here?

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
Ryguy wrote:Got this screencap from a recent review of the 18" Kong figure. Now THIS is a perfect size difference between the two creatures for GvKK:

http://i.imgur.com/6ji8mzC.png
This looks good. It is pretty much almost the same as the original KKvsG.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

^Yep. I don't know why everybody keeps insisting that any significant size different will be detrimental to Kong's success. It looks marginally better when Kong is that much smaller

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ghidorah despite what Toho says has never been double Godzilla's high on film. Also a 300ft tallk monster fighting a 600ft monster looks much different than a 100ft tall monster trying to fight a 300ft one.

If anyone has the SH monsters Kong or the Mcfarlene go set it next to the Jakks Godzilla so everyone will see what skull island Kong looks like next to G14.

I like how the Mega Kong is scaled with Jakks Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Ghidorah is almost the same size as Godzilla, bulk-wise; Kong remaining his current height would look totally unmatched, at least from an outside point of view.

I could see it working, but I also am sure something with puff up Kong at least a little by the time GvKK takes place.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

If your a King Kong fan....or a Godzilla fan this little vs novel might tie you over till 2020.

King Kong vs Tarzan

Yes this is a real book.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I think kong should at least hit G's chin, personally.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Read that King Kong/Tarzan book and it was epic. There was an earlier book where King Kong met Doc Savage.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Well, after seeing the clip of Kong fighting a Skull Crawler, he definitely needs to grow!
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Cookson wrote:Well, after seeing the clip of Kong fighting a Skull Crawler, he definitely needs to grow!
Imagine him hitting Godzilla with a building like he did to the Crawler with a rock?

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well if that brief scene with Kong and the Skull Crawler is any indication, then the fight between him and Godzilla is going to be bloody savage.

#BotM

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

So far, I really love how Kong and Godzilla have different fighting "styles". While Godzilla is kinda like a bear or a sumo-wrestler, using his size, brute strength, and teeth and claws to fight, Kong is more of an MMA/WWE fighter, using speed, agility, and the environment to his advantage.
I also theorise that they will meet several times in the film. The first time, Godzilla dominates the fight and almost kills Kong if not for a distraction, while in round 2, they fight on more equal terms and before a winner can be determined, another, bigger monster forces them to team up.

Added in 1 minute 15 seconds:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I think kong should at least hit G's chin, personally.
I'd say to about his chest