Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Anime Appearance Speculation

Post by BlankAccount »

codycameron09 wrote: Thank God(zilla) it's fan art. A 2000 ft tall transparent Godzilla? We already got a bloody turd zombie zilla with a mutant tail last year. We don't need a giant ghost zilla this year! hahaha
Speak for yourself.

Also of course he looks like turds, that's what a 4th degree burn victim looks like. It's not just the pain that makes them suffer, it's the disfigurement and it's in line with 1954 being a burn victim so...
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

codycameron09 wrote:
Thank God(zilla) it's fan art. A 2000 ft tall transparent Godzilla? We already got a bloody turd zombie zilla with a mutant tail last year. We don't need a giant ghost zilla this year! hahaha
I mean, I liked the crystalline spines and the silhouette (aside from the weird boobies), but the veins and transparency were fucking bizarre. Also thankful it's just fan art.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

All I'm seeing is people wanna see Toho to play it safe. Again. Like they had the past 20 years.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Living Corpse wrote:All I'm seeing is people wanna see Toho to play it safe. Again. Like they had the past 20 years.
I'm actually hoping this is something new and different. I guess an anime feature film already is though.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

Living Corpse wrote:
codycameron09 wrote: Thank God(zilla) it's fan art. A 2000 ft tall transparent Godzilla? We already got a bloody turd zombie zilla with a mutant tail last year. We don't need a giant ghost zilla this year! hahaha
Shin hater spotted.
Oh I will gladly hate on the Shin design, his powers, his origins, the movie... all of it! :twisted:

But I get it, Toho was trying something new and I give them props for that. And to be honest the design has grown on me a bit. Not my favorite by any means. In fact I'll still argue it's my least favorite design ever. Which is why I want this anime Goji to be bad-ass yet somewhat familiar.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I was on and off with it, I like transparentness and nature god look of it. But the shape and size didn't really catch me. It seem pretty much another Millennium design with a few design aspects of Shin. The size would have weird if it was real considering how Toho constantly kept claiming Shin was "MAX SIZE GODZILLA".
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Welp... Even though it is fake, at least it got us talking about the film again. I guess Toho really is waiting till that anime expo to reveal more.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

who saw the new concept art for the godzilla anime i think it looks awesome
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The final design will likely not be that far off from that transparent Godzilla shot.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Oh so its fake, oh well. You guys had me going for a second.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:who saw the new concept art for the godzilla anime i think it looks awesome
How 'bout a link?
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:who saw the new concept art for the godzilla anime i think it looks awesome
How 'bout a link?
I *think* he's talking about that thing that turned out to be fanart after all.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

It's good fanart. I would have loved for this to be the official design, but oh well. But hey, at least this means the actual design will be a suprise, maybe.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

WAIT WHAT IT WAS FAN ART!?!??!
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:WAIT WHAT IT WAS FAN ART!?!??!
Yes bro it is. We dont need a Godzilla so large that he can just bite Cthulhu's head off tbh.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Would've liked to see what such a large Godzilla would mean to the movie's world. Maybe instead of the usual destructive monster, he'd be a sort of 'sleeping giant'... could be a direct parallel to many aspects of Japan.

If only it weren't fanart.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Shame that it was fanart as I really liked the design. Whoever made it has real talent.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

It's like people forget Godzilla's size can be exaggerated on posters.

Interesting fanart, but just makes me want to get more info already.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Scarlet Spider wrote:It's like people forget Godzilla's size can be exaggerated on posters.

Interesting fanart, but just makes me want to get more info already.
I'm expecting tons of info at the anime expo next month. Might even get information before then.

I'll be having confused face if we don't get a release date at the expo or before it. I know Toho is loving this Shin Godzilla moment in time, but it's done now... Time to promote your next exciting product that's coming out THIS YEAR!!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Eh, it took them a long while to fully reveal Shin... they'll probably pull that again with G'17. I'm only expecting cast, maybe plot details next month.