The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

Post by KManX89 »

Patriots Day: great film. It really captured the emotion of the Boston massacre and Mark Wahlberg delivered his usual "strong" performance (no pun intended). It even had a nice tribute to the BM victims at the end.

8.5/10

Split I just saw this last weekend, it was also very good, something I never thought I'd say about any M. Night Shyamalan-directed/produced film ever again. James McAvoy kills it as Barry AKA Dennis AKA Helwig AKA the 23 personalities guy. Plus, that ending man (without getting into spoilers).

8/10

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Boring, dull, lifeless film. I lost interest about 30-40 minutes in. After that, I just had it on as background noise. It literally gave me no reason to care about anything happening in this film, which is a total shame because the first one was great. Now I know why I waited for the Redbox.

4/10
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Man I was reading reviews on Amazon and I really wanna see Arrival. Good thing it already comes out on DVD in a couple weeks. I may just buy it. If I don't like it I'm pretty sure my mom will.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ive been rewatching Samurai Jack to get pumped up for the new season.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Ive been rewatching Samurai Jack to get pumped up for the new season.
I've been watching this too, but new season?! Do tell.
Resized Image

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

It's coming in March.
But people have been talking about this for a year.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Coobzilla03 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Ive been rewatching Samurai Jack to get pumped up for the new season.
I've been watching this too, but new season?! Do tell.
Yeah it comes out in March, and will be on Adult Swim. It's gonna be more violent, meaning now they can probrably show him cut up people.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

John Wick: Chapter 2

Epic, fun, and badass! Every bit as good as the first.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

John Wick: Chapter 2- I... Holy fuck. I went in with the highest of expectations, and it still managed to blow me away.

The fuck is higher than S-Rank?/10
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

So I saw a few movies over the last week:

Rewatched John Wick in preparation for the sequel. To be honest, despite some good production values, I still don't see what the hype about this film is, nor what greatly elevates it beyond the million Taken imitators that get released seemingly every week. It's still perfectly serviceable, just not innovative at all.

Also saw Unfriended for the first time. It has a few stupid moments ("Guys, what's a troll?" "How do you play, "Never Have I Ever?" for fucking cereals, bitch?), and I think Val's death at the beginning should have been much more shocking and graphic, because otherwise it makes the characters' willingness to go along with the ghost so quickly seem out of place and awkward. But, to be honest, I thought this was a rather unique little shocker. The actors go all out to sell the material, and there's a few innovative moments of genuine suspense and surprise. The ending scare was a little disappointing, though, but overall, I surprisingly enjoyed this movie. I agree with Doug Walker's opinion on it. If you're willing to watch something new that plays off of modern cultural shifts, then I'd recommend this.

Saw Justice League Dark, and while I'll probably see every one of these DC Animated Movies until either they or I die, this one honestly leaves me with little other than a sense of tiredness. It's just more of the same slightly edgier Saturday morning cartoon stuff that these movies have been for years now. I'd personally really like a shift in animation style myself, but that's not gonna happen.

Dead Sushi is one of the most genius movies I've ever seen, minus some slow parts in the middle. It's so wonderful watching these batshit crazy Japanese B-movies go all out and give no fucks about what anyone else this is ok or traditionally of quality, as it's extremely refreshing from most of the carbon copy blockbusters and indi-dramas. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

And lastly, Death Becomes Her. I was surprised by how much of this movie was setup for what I heard most about: the dueling ghost women. That didn't stop it from being really funny, and the effects hold up pretty well. Overall, I have to say, Robert Zemeckis is a surprisingly underrated director. I've enjoyed quite a lot of his films and he's never really mentioned that often when it comes to big name directors. He certainly deserves more recognition.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Split: My baby sister wanted to see it so didn't really ever planned on seeing but man I am so glad that I did. James McCovoy really nailed his character or characters if you will they ranged for being threatening to funny, to misunderstood than to a beast if so see the movie you'll understand what I mean by beast. Definitely my favorite M Knight Shyamalan film so I rate it 9 outta 10.

Train To Busan: A South Korean Zombie film that take mostly on a train is about a father and daughter struggling to survive a zombie outbreak where Busan is said to be a safe zone where the girls mother lives. It has moments of comedy and moments of sadness to a really touching story and these zombies are more like the Dawn of Dead remake zombies in that they move fast. As far as Morean horror films go I still like The Host better but it's an 8 so for those who haven't seen or heard about it's worth checking out I got really lucky that it was at Walmart while I was looking for the Attack on Titan movie but I'm glad I got this instead since I always wanted to see it after finding out about it online a couple months ago doing my movie rounds.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Saw Arrival.

AMAZING film. i give it my "next level shit" rating. 10/10
Member of TK Since 2006

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Since getting 'Sailor Moon R' Volume 2 for my birthday, I've added those set of episodes to my list. I'll also be adding Animal Planet's new series, 'The Zoo' to my list starting tomorrow night.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Split: My baby sister wanted to see it so didn't really ever planned on seeing but man I am so glad that I did. James McCovoy really nailed his character or characters if you will they ranged for being threatening to funny, to misunderstood than to a beast if so see the movie you'll understand what I mean by beast. Definitely my favorite M Knight Shyamalan film so I rate it 9 outta 10.
Heard about a surprise ending so I had to look it up.
Spoiler:
Never imagined in a million years it would be a semi-sequel to Unbreakable. Looks like M Knight wants in on the shared universe trend.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Split: My baby sister wanted to see it so didn't really ever planned on seeing but man I am so glad that I did. James McCovoy really nailed his character or characters if you will they ranged for being threatening to funny, to misunderstood than to a beast if so see the movie you'll understand what I mean by beast. Definitely my favorite M Knight Shyamalan film so I rate it 9 outta 10.
Heard about a surprise ending so I had to look it up.
Spoiler:
Never imagined in a million years it would be a semi-sequel to Unbreakable. Looks like M Knight wants in on the shared universe trend.
Spoiler:
He's been trying for years and I guess he finally figured out something.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Been watching some fantastic shows.

Space Ghost:Coast to Coast- I love it.

The Brak Show- Goes along with Space Ghost. Brak is the best, cant get enough of his stupidity.

Sealab 2021- Okay at times but has some really funny moments. The captain is the best.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I remember watching those shows when I was a really little kid, I sure do miss them :lol:

Zorak 4 lyfe
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Deadpool - 9/10
Son of Godzilla - 10/10
Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster - 7/10
Mothra Vs Godzilla - 8/10
King Kong Vs Godzilla - 9/10
King Kong Escapes - 8/10
Friday the 13th Part 7 - 7/10

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I rewatched all the films in the X-Men franchise for my road to Logan.

X-Men- 7/10
X2: X-Men United- 8/10
X-Men 3: The Last Stand- 7/10
X-Men Origins: Wolverine- 6/10
X-Men: First Class- 8.5/10
The Wolverine- 9/10
X-Men: Days of Future Past- 10/10
Deadpool- 9.5/10
X-Men: Apocalypse- 7.5/10
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Death Becomes Her (7/10)
Zootopia (6/10)
Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas (10/10)
Donnie Darko (8/10)
The Return of the Living Dead (9/10)
A Scanner Darkly (7/10)
John Dies At The End (7/10)