'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Ivo-goji wrote:I'd really dig it if Frankenstein's monster could be worked into the MonsterVerse somehow. All of the most iconic movie monsters together in the same universe for the first time since the Showa series- it would be a dream come true. I could see Monarch obtaining the remains of the original Creature during World War II and using it's DNA to create their own humanoid kaiju. This could even be the plot for a third 'stand alone' entry in the franchise, not just as the story of a Kong/Godzilla movie. I'd love to see that.

I'm thoroughly opposed to changing Sanda and Gaira's origin however. That would take away too much of their uniqueness.
Yes yes and yes, bring on Frankenstein Vs Baragon remake and throw in a War Of The Gargantuas remake as a sequel and this series gonna be all the sauce
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:Yes yes and yes, bring on Frankenstein Vs Baragon remake and throw in a War Of The Gargantuas remake as a sequel and this series gonna be all the sauce
Agreed especially with Frankenstein being public domain, so no deal would have to be required to happen. ;)

Granted this would be the way I'd do it.

1. Frankenstein (Pretty much an origin story. Monarch finds the remains of the original Frankenstein's Monster in the arctic and does something to the corpse reanimating it back to life but also causing it to grow to kaiju size)
2. Frankenstein vs. Baragon
3. War of the Gargantuas
4. Frankenstein vs. King Kong
5. Godzilla vs. The Gargantuas
6. Godzilla vs. Frankenstein
7. Frankenstein meets the Gargantuas
8. Destroy All Monsters (Frankenstein and the Gargantuas along with another species of Baragon's kind would be among the monsters in the movie)

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

It would be great if they could use Mechani-Kong somehow. Maybe have him fight both Godzilla and Kong in 2020 or something.
Resized Image

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

More classic Toho monsters. Anguirus, Destroyah, Biollante, Ebirah, Hedorah etc. Also they have to fit within the grounded universe established in G14 which is why I have a hard to imagining Mechagodzilla or any other Mechs
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I just want these Godzilla sequels to focus on Godzilla. I'm having the opposite feelings of the 2014 film than I am about Shin, in that I like shin more and more but, while I don't dislike the 2014 film more and more, it serves as a reminder that it's not as good as I initially thought. My problem isn't that Godzilla wasn't in 99% of the film, as some fans like to claim, but he just took a backseat to everyone else. Rewatching the first to trailers, they seemed to have teased a much different film that what we got. I'm not a Michael Dougherty fan, he hasn't done anything that I've been impressed by, but hopefully he can take this franchise in that direction.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Masers (not needed but would be nice and there's no way Monarch isn't making anti-kaiju, excuse me, anti-super fauna weapons)

Zone Fighter (super heroes are still big, capitalize on this)

Mechagodzilla and Mecha-King Ghidorah (again not needed but be cool to see Legenday, er, Monsterverse versions)

A nice balance of both original and classic monsters, maybe even reusing some that don't get much love like Titanosaurs.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Jet Jaguar could make sense, if used in a similar way as seen in the comics. A sort of super-soldier capable of Kaiju combat, as well as human interaction.

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

KingZillla wrote:More classic Toho monsters. Anguirus, Destroyah, Biollante, Ebirah, Hedorah etc. Also they have to fit within the grounded universe established in G14 which is why I have a hard to imagining Mechagodzilla or any other Mechs
Mechs aren't really any more outlandish than giant monsters.

I'd love to see a more "realistically" operating Mechagodzilla.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Mechagigan wrote:Jet Jaguar could make sense, if used in a similar way as seen in the comics. A sort of super-soldier capable of Kaiju combat, as well as human interaction.
The way they should have Jet Jaguar be added to the verse is him being a Cyborg of Ford's dad, turns out his father never died making it looked like he was, little did his son know was that the life support he was on had chemicals that placed his body into suspended animation making it look like he was as he was taken in by some secret government group. Literally please let that happen Legendary!

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

Come on, dude, don't you think that's a little, uh, ridiculous? Bryan Cranston being resurrected as Jet Jaguar? :|
Xagzan wrote:
KingZillla wrote:More classic Toho monsters. Anguirus, Destroyah, Biollante, Ebirah, Hedorah etc. Also they have to fit within the grounded universe established in G14 which is why I have a hard to imagining Mechagodzilla or any other Mechs
Mechs aren't really any more outlandish than giant monsters.

I'd love to see a more "realistically" operating Mechagodzilla.
They are in the Legendaryverse which is suppose to mirror our own. The monsters are suppose to be fantastical. We are decades away from being able tomake advanced mechs let alone 350ft giant bemoths. This universe is suppose to be grounded in reality
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingZillla wrote:Come on, dude, don't you think that's a little, uh, ridiculous? Bryan Cranston being resurrected as Jet Jaguar? :|
You're probably right anyways, I can dream at least though...

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

I mean, Cranston was the best character I don't blame you, haha.

Let them fight - 2019

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Just bring back Cranston as a separate character. Give him a Walter White look and make him be a reporter or something.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I'm personally hoping they abandon the whole "grounded in reality" thing and just go full on MCU. It'd feel like a missed opportunity and a waste of money to not have modern day, updated versions of Mechagodzilla, Gigan, Megalon, Biollante, King Caesar, and whatnot appear at some point.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Gerdzerl wrote:I'm personally hoping they abandon the whole "grounded in reality" thing and just go full on MCU. It'd feel like a missed opportunity and a waste of money to not have modern day, updated versions of Mechagodzilla, Gigan, Megalon, Biollante, King Caesar, and whatnot appear at some point.
The whole 'grounded in reality' thing aka 'realistic' isn't meant for monsters closest to being real in real life but rather how the public would react to giant monsters appearing, assuming the MonsterVerse expands after GvK we could hope that ends up happening.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

That's how I'm hoping that's how they keep doing things. I want the MonsterVerse to be the kaiju equivalent of the MCU, not the Nolan Batman trilogy.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I'm all up for everyone except Mechagodzilla. Giant Monsters vs. Giant Robots already is covered by Pacific Rim, keep the MonsterVerses theme as it is, Man vs. Nature.

Also Gigan is different since he's a cyborg and from space which is why I don't mind him along with Megalon, Biollante and King Caesar.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Given the sheer abundance of superhero stories covering similar ideas, I think having Mechagodzilla and the Jaegers coexist in different series would be perfectly fine, at least to me.

Also, you could still do a "man vs. nature" theme with Mechagodzilla. You could play into ideas like capitalism, war and new technology destroying nature or something.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Heres a neat idea; How about a playoff of GMK?

It could be about the Mu or something: Baragon, Varan and manda defending a city form some opposing kaiju or, maybe, a primitive invading army like the huns. It doesn't have to be a wave thing lie GMK, infact I'd prefer it weren't. Three kaiju against a massive army with trebuchets and catapults and all that? that would be awesome. It would also build up to a DAM thing quite well.

RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Someone mentioned a similar idea earlier, I think, but I would love to see Otachi make an appearance. There doesn't need to be an explanation for her being there--aside from maybe a sly comment about the creature having been "sighted all over the Pacific Rim."

She could be used to open a film with Godzilla engaged in a relatively brief battle with her and then ultimately killing her (since we know the Pacific Rim kaiju were a lot less durable than Godzilla). I like the idea of a world that is becoming so overrun with kaiju that the series can have little throwaway battles like that (ala Kamoebas in Godzilla: Tokyo SOS, but actually showing us the fight), and it wouldn't require them to disrespect a Toho kaiju.