The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by SpaceG92 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Gulp.

So I have a question, does your warning level ever go down? Like every year? I have only one warning, so im curious.
Warnings expire after 365 days from the warning date. Should be 365, I think leap years were left out on purpose :P

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Gulp.

So I have a question, does your warning level ever go down? Like every year? I have only one warning, so im curious.
Warnings expire after 365 days from the warning date. Should be 365, I think leap years were left out on purpose :P
Yay, so next Nov. or something like that ill be scott free! Unless ill get another warning before then which probably wont happen......i hope
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

What exactly are the rules on reviving threads? When is a thread considered "dead?"
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What exactly are the rules on reviving threads? When is a thread considered "dead?"
Generally its around 6+ months of no new posts for a thread to be really classified as "dead." Necroing is fine as long as you post something constructive to revive it with.

Example: Don't revive a thread with the reason. "I bumped this thread to say this line is dead. Yeah I did that." :P

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SpaceG92 wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What exactly are the rules on reviving threads? When is a thread considered "dead?"
Generally its around 6+ months of no new posts for a thread to be really classified as "dead." Necroing is fine as long as you post something constructive to revive it with.

Example: Don't revive a thread with the reason. "I bumped this thread to say this line is dead. Yeah I did that." :P
Got it, thanks.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

SpaceG92 wrote:Warnings expire after 365 days from the warning date.
The date of the most recent warning or the date of each specific warning?
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

How long do temp bans last?
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:Warnings expire after 365 days from the warning date.
The date of the most recent warning or the date of each specific warning?
Each individual warning should expire after 365 days after issuing.
Coobzilla03 wrote:How long do temp bans last?
3 Warnings: 1 Week
5 Warnings: 1 Month
7 Warnings: 4-E-V-E-R-

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Forgive me for not knowing but what are the purpose of the ranks? Are they how you become an administrator or moderator? Im a little curious

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Forgive me for not knowing but what are the purpose of the ranks? Are they how you become an administrator or moderator? Im a little curious
No - ranks are NOT how you become and Administrator or Moderator. :lol:

They are there as an extra "flavor" - a quick way to distinguished an active poster or a longtime member (given sufficient post count).

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

Where would I find the 'illegal' sites list?

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
SpaceG92 wrote:They are there as an extra "flavor" - a quick way to distinguished an active poster or a longtime member (given sufficient post count).
The pre-requisites are 1000 posts and 1 year membership. I have both. How do you change it? I can't figure it out for the life of me

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:Where would I find the 'illegal' sites list?
Can you go into detail by "illegal sites?"
F4ZaTE_X wrote:The pre-requisites are 1000 posts and 1 year membership. I have both. How do you change it? I can't figure it out for the life of me
It was a custom piece of code Vega added with the old site. When we moved to the new forums, all previous installed mods/features were removed - that was one of them.

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

SpaceG92 wrote:Can you go into detail by "illegal sites?"
A post in the Nerves thread was mod edited by Giratina93 to remove the name of a website. The reason given was "Please do not speak of illegal sites here. Tis against the rules..."

I wanted to know which ones were 'illegal'
It was a custom piece of code Vega added with the old site. When we moved to the new forums, all previous installed mods/features were removed - that was one of them.
Admins can still do it though

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:Can you go into detail by "illegal sites?"
A post in the Nerves thread was mod edited by Giratina93 to remove the name of a website. The reason given was "Please do not speak of illegal sites here. Tis against the rules..."

I wanted to know which ones were 'illegal'
Anything that violates the rules. I'm sure he was mentioning Section 3.
F4ZaTE_X wrote:Admins can still do it though
We can indeed add and change ranks. However - we are not going to give a custom rank to everyone with 1000+ posts and have been on the site for over a year. It'll clutter the list and if the User End addition was any indication, we'll be flooded with PM's to change it every week.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

SpaceG92 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Forgive me for not knowing but what are the purpose of the ranks? Are they how you become an administrator or moderator? Im a little curious
No - ranks are NOT how you become and Administrator or Moderator. :lol:

They are there as an extra "flavor" - a quick way to distinguished an active poster or a longtime member (given sufficient post count).
Oh okay :D

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Where'd my freaking "Favorite Lyrics?" thread go? :evil:
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:Where'd my freaking "Favorite Lyrics?" thread go? :evil:
Always be sure to stay on the page once a new thread/post has been created and make sure it redirects you to the new topics and make sure its there via the Forum Index. Another quick way is to "View Your Posts" or use the Sub-forum's "Advanced Search" feature to quickly pin down a missing thread.

I combed your post history back until Jan. 7th 2017, I saw no record of a "Favorite Lyrics" threads within your post history.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

SpaceG92 wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote:Where'd my freaking "Favorite Lyrics?" thread go? :evil:
Always be sure to stay on the page once a new thread/post has been created and make sure it redirects you to the new topics and make sure its there via the Forum Index. Another quick way is to "View Your Posts" or use the Sub-forum's "Advanced Search" feature to quickly pin down a missing thread.

I combed your post history back until Jan. 7th 2017, I saw no record of a "Favorite Lyrics" threads within your post history.
Lol, I made that thread a long time ago.
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:Lol, I made that thread a long time ago.
-and instead of remaking a thread you come here and ask about a dead thread from a long time ago?

Anyhow - it might be rolled into another thread. I checked the Mod Logs with your username, and no thread comes up with that title or anything close nor did any advanced search.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

SpaceG92 wrote:
godzillafan1954 wrote:Lol, I made that thread a long time ago.
-and instead of remaking a thread you come here and ask about a dead thread from a long time ago?

Anyhow - it might be rolled into another thread. I checked the Mod Logs with your username, and no thread comes up with that title or anything close nor did any advanced search.
I did make another thread. (Though I didn't want to. :sigh: )
(Plus, I noticed the thread was gone yesterday(?))

OT: Umm. I don't know, man. :|