Neon Genesis Evangelion

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

Post by miguelnuva »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:So when does everyone think Eva 3.0+1.0 will release? Or rather, will it release? I personally think Anno will get it done, I just hope he doesn't take too God damn long.
Last I heard he was hoping to finsh before the 2020 Olympics.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Well, supposedly Anno's working on it now, but I think I heard that a lot of his people are/were over working at Production I.G. for the new FLCL seasons.
I look forward to the final chapter, but I won't be surprised if it takes a couple more years.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Rody wrote:Well, supposedly Anno's working on it now, but I think I heard that a lot of his people are/were over working at Production I.G. for the new FLCL seasons.
I look forward to the final chapter, but I won't be surprised if it takes a couple more years.
By "his people", are you referring to Gainax?

'cos Anno's not with Gainax anymore.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I don't know what to expect with the final rebuild movie. I hope it's not just an attempt at recreating EoE. Also there's a lot of explaining to do, like how can Mari sync with Unit 02? Who's soul was in Unit 03 that would've allowed Asuka to pilot it? What happened to Kaji? What happened between 2.0 and 3.0? Why is Mari obsessed with her tits? What got Mari into kittenplay? How old is Mari? WHO THE FUCK IS MARI?
^This post in sexually offensive.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

M.U.T.O. wrote: By "his people", are you referring to Gainax?

'cos Anno's not with Gainax anymore.
I was referring to Khara; they're the ones Anno's been making Rebuild with (I'm pretty sure he founded them?).

^I doubt we'll get an explanation for Mari, unfortunately.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Read the manga. Mari shows up, but not when you expect. It ties into the sequel theory (if you can call it a theory, with how strongly it's hinted at), but I'm not sure where it would fit with the anime and the movies.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^I think that was a fun easter egg and nothing more.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Late to the party, at least I have;

A-L-L

O-F

T-H-I-S

F-R-E-E

S-P-A-C-E

Ahem.

Yes - well. I watched a few clips, thought it was neat. Never went into it. I decided to kill some time today and actually watch Evangelion. Despite BeefBigshot's protest, I watched Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 first, because I sometimes like to push his buttons.

I have some select Discord transcripts below as I watched it, since I think that sums up how I feel. Warning, it's VERY messy. A quick tl;dr though;
I got my brain pounded, drilled and massaged. I watched Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0.

Subliminal instructions unclear...

Stuck spoon in garbage disposal, put tin foil in microwave. "Beat the monkey" while thinking about how worthless my life is whislt having random strobing images in my head discussing the evolution of mankind.

Oh - I also have this strange urge to do something with my life now.

Weird...
Spoiler:
Watching rebuild
sue me
Shinji: I'M NOT NEEDED!
Dad: We need you
Shinji: WWWWHY AM I NOT NEEEEEEDED!
door opens
Women on life support enters
SHE WILL PILOT IT
Shinji: WHYYYYYYY!
everyone looks at Shinji
WHY IS SHINJI A #$%^ing TOOL
Will watch 2.0 sometime very soon. Will post thoughts in broken transcripts. I also might film myself watching 2.0. I feel that during Rebuild 1.0, I may have blacked out and did something I may regret if/or when I remember. I also think that my pupils are dilated and an eye is rapidly twitching. I feel I should go to the doctor, but I have this strange urge to martyr myself for humanity.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

2.0 it's awesome, still my favorite of the Rebuilds.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lol, forgot to mention I finished Rebuild. Sue me, I kinda liked 3.0. Kawaru for best bro.
Destorogoji wrote:2.0 it's awesome, still my favorite of the Rebuilds.
I need to watch it again, but I kinda liked 1.0 more. This is going of hazy memory.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Internet high five. I love the track "Sin from Genesis". It's my favorite version of "The Beast II", which is one of my favorite pieces of music. The scene where Unit 1's Dummy System activates is one of my favorite scenes. I even have it in my sig. Heck, any berserk Eva scene is awesome! I kinda wish they used a different song though. I've been watching the scene with "Normal Blood" and "The Beast II" replacing the track the film used and I like it more.

Added in 4 minutes 40 seconds:
SpaceG92 wrote:Sue me, I kinda liked 3.0. Kawaru for best bro.
I liked 3.0 too. I don't understand why they changed Kaworu's death. NGE's version was cooler.
SpaceG92 wrote:
I need to watch it again, but I kinda liked 1.0 more. This is going of hazy memory.
1.0 is a pretty nice film. Ramiel's beam reminded me of Shin Godzilla's. Both are purple lasers.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Kaijunator wrote:
Internet high five. I love the track "Sin from Genesis". It's my favorite version of "The Beast II", which is one of my favorite pieces of music. The scene where Unit 1's Dummy System activates is one of my favorite scenes. I even have it in my sig. Heck, any berserk Eva scene is awesome! I kinda wish they used a different song though. I've been watching the scene with "Normal Blood" and "The Beast II" replacing the track the film used and I like it more.
I've never tried that, I will give it a shot, I like the idea.

And yeah, Anno took a lot of Shin's inspiration from Evangelion, specially from the Rebuilds, and specifically from Ramiel. They even bleed the same way.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

SpaceG92 wrote:Lol, forgot to mention I finished Rebuild. Sue me, I kinda liked 3.0.
I really like 3.0 as well. IMHO, it's the best of the Rebuild movies thus far.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Destorogoji wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
I've never tried that, I will give it a shot, I like the idea.
Someone made a video of it.

If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:Lol, forgot to mention I finished Rebuild. Sue me, I kinda liked 3.0. Kawaru for best bro.
I liked all the Rebuild films. Not gonna sue you. :)

2.0 is still my favorite, however.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Maritonic wrote: I liked all the Rebuild films. Not gonna sue you. :)

Apparently its a huge sin to like any part of 3.0 that isn't Kawaru. :P

Still haven't watched Neon Genesis yet. I've been trying to find an actual hard copy.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: I liked all the Rebuild films. Not gonna sue you. :)

Apparently its a huge sin to like any part of 3.0 that isn't Kawaru. :P

Still haven't watched Neon Genesis yet. I've been trying to find an actual hard copy.
Eh screw people and their opinions haha. Like what you like.

Neon Genesis as in...the main series?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

3.0 it's fine, I don't know why everyone hates it. I really like how they are changing the story and I really hope 4.0 isn't just a remastered version of EoE and we get something very different.
Kaworu's death was bullshit, tho.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Destorogoji wrote:3.0 it's fine, I don't know why everyone hates it. I really like how they are changing the story and I really hope 4.0 isn't just a remastered version of EoE and we get something very different.
Kaworu's death was bullshit, tho.
I agree with your entire post.

#Godzilla44.0

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Maritonic wrote:Neon Genesis as in...the main series?
That is correct :P