Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

Post by Gothicserpent »

I like the design, but he was utterly wasted as a character.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I like the design a lot. Would have been a really scary monster in some darker scenes.

It's too bad it was just a cameo role.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

MiddleFin
Yojimbo

Post by MiddleFin »

To be honest I hate that movie and the Hedorah cameo is insulting to fans of him IMHO. As for the suit Im not a fan. Far to humanoid for my taste. I wish Hedorah would get his own full length movie again.
"You must not set foot in the valley of rainbows. Anyone who goes to the valley of rainbows will never return alive."

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Wait Hedorah was in this movie? Huh. I must've blinked.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

GalacticPetey wrote:Wait Hedorah was in this movie? Huh. I must've blinked.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

GalacticPetey wrote:Wait Hedorah was in this movie? Huh. I must've blinked.
I know right? Well, he was in it for roughly forty seconds. Ebirah got sent down by the Xillians a second after Hedorah, in the same spot, resulting in Ebirah's claw getting stuck in Hedorah's eye. They derpily struggled a bit, then got hit by Godzilla's atomic breath. The breath pushed them and the building Hedorah was leaning against a good distance, until they crashed into another huge building, which of course exploded. And then that was the end of that.

Shameful, absolutely shameful all-around. I also detest Hedorah's redesign, because it just isn't blob enough for me. There are things I like about Final Wars, but Hedorah's appearance is not one of them.

Ninjasaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ninjasaurus »

One of the only significant complaints I have about Final Wars is the unforgivably shabby treatment of Hedorah, who is a very powerful and deadly kaiju. If they were gonna have him in a brief cameo getting curb-stomped by Godzilla, I'd rather he not have been in the movie at all. Megalon would have been a better choice for that sort of treatment.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Ninjasaurus wrote:One of the only significant complaints I have about Final Wars is the unforgivably shabby treatment of Hedorah, who is a very powerful and deadly kaiju. If they were gonna have him in a brief cameo getting curb-stomped by Godzilla, I'd rather he not have been in the movie at all. Megalon would have been a better choice for that sort of treatment.
it also would be much more humorous
Resized Image

Ninjasaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ninjasaurus »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
Ninjasaurus wrote:One of the only significant complaints I have about Final Wars is the unforgivably shabby treatment of Hedorah, who is a very powerful and deadly kaiju. If they were gonna have him in a brief cameo getting curb-stomped by Godzilla, I'd rather he not have been in the movie at all. Megalon would have been a better choice for that sort of treatment.
it also would be much more humorous
Agreed. Seeing Megalon appear out of nowhere only to be immediately killed by Godzilla a few seconds later is funny. When it happens to Hedorah, it's like, "Wait, what?"

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

lol I completely forgot that Hedorah was in that movie

It's almost like Bane's treatment in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I love the redesign; I think it's a very menacing and interesting update to the very unusual design of the classic Hedorah. While it's too bad he couldn't get more screen time in GFW, I'm glad he was in it at all, especially due to his seeming lack of backing from Toho higher-ups and his obscurity.

Godnose
Samurai

Post by Godnose »

Beef Bigshot wrote:im personally glad they added him, but not how they portrayed him. it was a cool cameo and i was thrilled in seeing him, i even liked the new design, but i hate how he was just thrown around and treated badly.

It was a disgrace
This.

I liked the new design. Would like to see him in a new film - Toho or Legendary. They really could go to town on the anti pollution aspect.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

I kinda liked his new design. He looks like a Lovecraftian hellspawn and his eyes give him a deranged, utterly psychotic look. But yeah, his cameo was a pretty poor execution

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

As quite a few people have already said, I like Hedorah's design in FW, but I wish he got some more screentime. One of Godzilla's strongest foes gets killed by a base-level Atomic Breath, despite being twice the size he was in the Showa era. He doesn't really do anything in the film, to be honest. He's there one minute, and gone the next.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I do prefer this design, I just wish we could see it again. Maybe in a video game.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

While I do find the design cool but the Showa version is better. I don't like how the director treated Hedorah in there just being thrown in like some rag doll for Godzilla to play with. I especially find it insulting since it was one of Godzilla's most powerful foes which in Hedorah's debut appearance that Godzilla needed humanity's help in defeating him, then all of a sudden he just knocks him away like nothing. If it was someone like I don't know maybe the Giant Condor okay but don't be doing that to powerful foes like him, Destoroyah or SpaceGodzilla.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Ironically, I think Hedorah's design in Final Wars is, as far as cameo appearances go, decent. With that said, my discrepancy with this Hedorah lies more in its treatment than actual design. If you're going to use Hedorah, go all out. Give us a scary, apocalyptic nightmare. He is one of Godzilla's worst foes for a reason. But if you're just going to regulate him to a cameo appearance, whatever; I'm not losing sleep over it. But if you're going to demote him to be nothing more than a lackey, or a sad joke, then what we have here is nothing more than a wasted effort.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I think his design sucked and of course he was wasted
Should have put Megalon, Gezora, Titanosaurus or someone in his place
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I don't like the design or how they treated him in the film. He was one of the three Showa greats (Mechagodzilla, him, King Ghidorah), but here Godzilla pummeled him.
I greatly prefer the original over this version.
Resized Image