Looking for 12-14 in Godzilla figure

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
murman1983
Ronin

Looking for 12-14 in Godzilla figure

Post by murman1983 »

Hi, Im looking for two 12-15in Godzilla Franchise figures, one of Godzilla and one of, one of his enemys. Especially interested in mechagodzilla. They are for my nephews. I cant seem to find any figures anywhere without paying alot of money (over $100 for me) , except for x plus (which is out of my price range). I heard NECA was good, but then i realized their "12in" figures were from head to tail, which only stood about 8 or so inches tall. Then I heard bandai creations made some nice 12inchers, but it seems that was quite a while ago. I would spend up to 50 dollars (or even a little more if its my only option). I want to find a newer, scarier looking version, one that looks pretty detailed. If someone could tell me if their are any still around (even if they are out of my price range ill still take a look though, out of curiosity ). I would buy used as well. If someone could give some info, I would be very grateful. I remember having a godzilla toy when I was a kid, it seemed huge to me, probably 15in tall in real life. I want my nephews to have something cool like I did. Thanks

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Re: Looking for 12-14 in Godzilla figure

Post by Creature22 »

Hey there;
I know that on the current market there are larger figures available that can be imported, and from what I know they're pretty good; I order off HobbyLink (links below) but I know eBay and Amazon have them for various prices, among other places. HobbyLink is cheapest that I've found, but be informed that shipping overseas can end up being something like $30+ because of the sizes associated with them (so even if a figure is around $30, for example, shipping can almost double your overall price; be careful). I learned the hard way trying to get a Godzilla 2016 for my work desk, and that was one item alone.
http://hlj.com/product/BANN07737
http://hlj.com/product/BANN07734
http://hlj.com/product/BANN07738

As for other stuff, you can always use eBay to your advantage if you search long enough and look for a deal. Trendmasters did a line of 10 inch figures with light and sound in the late 90s, but these are rare and slightly smaller than what you seem to be looking for. Imperial did one in the mid 80s as well (might be what you had as a kid) but there are no other available monsters in that scale; that being said, you will more than likely find one on eBay for a cheap price if you look around a bit.

Regardless; best of luck finding some stuff. Hope this helps.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Creature gave you some great links!!

You can try tracking down Shokai-Billiken model kits, they are well detailed (better than XPlus in some instances). Kaiyodo just reissued 8 Godzilla vinyl kits but they are around 8 to 9 inches. Model kits will be cheaper than completed figures fyi.

But if you don't have the garage skills, the cheaper detailed stuff is around 4 to 6 inches and even there you will be shelling out $100 easy.

I don't recommend this for everybody, but get the XPlus figures, charge it on a credit card and call it a day. You can pay it off over time :)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Used 12inch Bandai Creations Godzilla for 40 bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-12-Inch-Pos ... Swo4pYawXp

Added in 17 minutes 8 seconds:
Here's one in near mint condition for 55 bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-12-Inch-Pos ... SwJ7RYVv1T

The Legendary Godzilla from the same line for under 5o bucks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-Creation ... SwwbdWGA6H

An even cheaper one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Godzi ... SwEzxYSNRx

There's actually several of the Bandai Creations 12 inch Legendary Godzillas for good prices on Ebay.

Added in 7 minutes 11 seconds:
There's also the Diamond Godzilla banks. They're 12inch I think and could be used as figures as well. I don't think they are too awful expensive either. They average about 35 bucks on Amazon. They have Heisei Godzilla, 70s Godzilla, and 70s Mechagodzilla for that price range.

You can still get the big Imperial Godzilla for relatively cheap too.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Skreeonk the big Imperial Godzilla! It's a piece of shite, by today's standards...

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Go for Bandai's Godzilla 2004 and Kiryu (MechaG). They're cheap, durable, and widely available.

murman1983
Ronin

Post by murman1983 »

man thanks every body, ill study these posts, and probably post some more questions shortly.

Added in 33 minutes 7 seconds:
Oh wow, Hobbylink has shin and mecha, thats pretty much perfect. That diamond Godzilla bank is awesome too. Trying to find the model kit as suggested, and trying to find Bandai Godzilla 2004 and kiryu. I agree, im looking for something a little meaner than the imperial. Wish I could find a Godzilla 2000 or 2001, because those eyes and those spikes are bada##. Shin is pretty much the evilest looking thing ive ever seen though. Anyone know where to find other monsters, like King G, Destroyah, SG, Gigan and so on. All in <12in. range

TheRadness
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheRadness »

Diamond Select did a couple godzillas, mechagodzilla, rodan, and Jet Jaguar around that scale.

It's not a widely made size for a decent price.

You might consider going with a 6" range, I know the size isn't what you want but everything under the sun is available pretty regularly, most at a decent price through bandai.

murman1983
Ronin

Post by murman1983 »

Thanks ill check em out, the smaller series is tempting. But a six inch Godzilla just seems too small. Plus, i want them to have it for a long time. The bigger the harder it is to lose.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Ah, okay. I had a lot of the 6 inch Bandai figures as a kid and personally never lost any. That being said, it depends on how rough your nephews are with their toys and how many places they would take them... Bandai figures, at least the newer ones, are pretty soft and durable though and are generally a good choice in any size.

In terms of finding other available monsters, however, the 6 inch line would probably be your best bet. You'd probably have to look on sites like eBay for more specific characters, as some haven't been reissued in years, but for the most part they shouldn't cost too much if you find a good deal. I know that Bandai just re-released Godzilla 2000 and Kiryu in that scale recently, as well as Shin Gojira in that size (although demand for him has been high since the movie saw release).

murman1983
Ronin

Post by murman1983 »

Lol, my nephews are pretty rough on toys. I just want them all to be scale with eachother, ya know. Ill probably just stick with the Godzilla and mech from Hobbylink. I didnt want to spend alot on them, because my nephews are so young, and they might end up loosing or breaking them.
But now that Ive been looking, Ive been thinking about getting a high quality one for my self. To display in my house. Honestly im willing to drop $200, what are the best looking in that price range, before hitting <$300 figures. Im looking for one of these: Either, Godzilla or any one of his more iconic enemies like Mecha , King G etc. (i like the scarier, meaner, spikier versions kinda like G 2000).

So if my options are x-plus, what are the best in my price range.
Thanks alot

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
oh 12in and up size too, sorry

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

murman1983 wrote:Lol, my nephews are pretty rough on toys. I just want them all to be scale with eachother, ya know. Ill probably just stick with the Godzilla and mech from Hobbylink. I didnt want to spend alot on them, because my nephews are so young, and they might end up loosing or breaking them.
But now that Ive been looking, Ive been thinking about getting a high quality one for my self. To display in my house. Honestly im willing to drop $200, what are the best looking in that price range, before hitting <$300 figures. Im looking for one of these: Either, Godzilla or any one of his more iconic enemies like Mecha , King G etc. (i like the scarier, meaner, spikier versions kinda like G 2000).

So if my options are x-plus, what are the best in my price range.
Thanks alot

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
oh 12in and up size too, sorry
King Ghidorah is out of your preferred price range...you must spend more than $300 to get the Ghidorah 68, which is in the 10" *scale*, though since he is taller than Godzilla, he is over 12" in *size*. Not sure which definition you meant.

The diamond reissues of xplus figures should be relatively easy to find. Check entertainment earth. Several should be available for under $200.

The x-plus japan releases are more plentiful, but also more scarce, such as Destroyah or battra larva, who have not been reissued by diamond. You may be able to find a mechaG on ebay

murman1983
Ronin

Post by murman1983 »

ya, i figure King Ghidorah would be pretty up there, its crazyhow expensive these guys are, seeing as they probably cost $5 to make.

Added in 4 minutes 55 seconds:
man those reissues look sweet, I cant choose between the '92 '89 2000 or 2001, they just all look to intimidating. Which is your favorite Godzilla from xplus

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

2001 and 2000 are probably the most "cool' looking.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

murman1983 wrote:ya, i figure King Ghidorah would be pretty up there, its crazyhow expensive these guys are, seeing as they probably cost $5 to make.

Added in 4 minutes 55 seconds:
man those reissues look sweet, I cant choose between the '92 '89 2000 or 2001, they just all look to intimidating. Which is your favorite Godzilla from xplus
I like the 64 suit in 30cm/12" size. i haven't checked the site but if they have a x-plus sculpted by sakai, look into that. Could also try bigbagtoystore, though their prices tend to be on the higher side.