S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: S.H. Monsterarts Episode 6: Return of the Threadi

Post by goji89 »

godzilla1541 wrote:So how is Destoroyah is it any good? I'm asking because I want to get the special color if I can't find the original
Go for the repaint....its got yellow eyes and horn.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Naruto65 wrote:
goji89 wrote:But it is. Since the line began we(I) have seen what they can do and like SpaceG92 said they haven't fixed it.....Why?
Because in an effort to save some coin in production costs, a change in factories for SHMA happened. This happened a while back, when Alien and Predator figures were created by Tamashii and hasn't changed since.
This is super disappointing to find out :( I was pretty excited for the new Burning Godzilla having missed out on the first. I know the original is suit accurate but the sudden white spines were always a bit jarring to me, so the resissue solved that problem for me (I also do not own the Rebirth mold yet so it would be a win-win.) The fact of the matter is that I do not feel like paying that much money for a product that seems like a gamble. Perhaps if Amazon.ca decides to bring these in I will get one and refund it if I need to.

On a side note, I received Gamera for Christmas. He's great, everything I really could have hoped for.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

godzilla1541 wrote:So how is Destoroyah is it any good? I'm asking because I want to get the special color if I can't find the original
I have the original which is great and all but the repaint is better so go for it. It has the yellow horn and eyes. And accessories. ACCESSORIES
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

Alrighty so I gots a G1954 and ShinGoji for Christmas.

Godzilla 1954 looks perfect. Symmetrical eyes (for the suit anyways), nice paint, no QC issues.

Shin on the other hand is mediocre at best. I'm still planning on eventually getting a paint job done on him, even though the paint was not as bad as I expected it to be. But, there's a larger issue. His right arm is stuck, and I can see through the seem that the ball joint already has a prominent white stress mark. I'm on the lookout for a hairdryer to help it out, but I'm starting to also prepare for surgery once that thing snaps. I'm pretty sure just some strong ass plastic glue putting the two pieces back together will do; the arm doesn't have much weight at all. Maybe with some additional support from a drilled in internal wire.

But, if all else fails, I'll use a joint from my spare DoritoGoji and make a quick replacement.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NateZilla10000 wrote:Godzilla 1954 looks perfect. Symmetrical eyes (for the suit anyways), nice paint, no QC issues.
Pics or it didn't happen.
NateZilla10000 wrote:Shin on the other hand is mediocre at best. I'm still planning on eventually getting a paint job done on him, even though the paint was not as bad as I expected it to be. But, there's a larger issue. His right arm is stuck, and I can see through the seem that the ball joint already has a prominent white stress mark. I'm on the lookout for a hairdryer to help it out, but I'm starting to also prepare for surgery once that thing snaps. I'm pretty sure just some strong ass plastic glue putting the two pieces back together will do; the arm doesn't have much weight at all. Maybe with some additional support from a drilled in internal wire.

But, if all else fails, I'll use a joint from my spare DoritoGoji and make a quick replacement.
Yeah watch out for that one. People already had it snap on them.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Damn, snapping joints?

Suddenly Shin's paint issues don't seem that bad...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Damn, snapping joints?

Suddenly Shin's paint issues don't seem that bad...
I'd say the paint job could be to blame for the snapping joints. It's an all pink figure with that glossy paint over top. Not applied correctly it could lock joints up and any movement could cause it to snap.

But yea, totally worth that $130.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Anguirus wrote:I got the Big Chap Alien!!
Ya we knew you would even though we all told you to not
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

The best thing about the original is the red eyes. Put a light under them and they look awesome. The SCV is cheaper and has accessories, but sadly doesn't have the red eyes. If you can't find the original, go for the SCV.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godzilla2008 »

I love my Destroyah, if you dont have the OG then get the repaint.
My Mickey is ready to trill its way to victory

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Wow! So I actually got all the MAs I wanted (Rebirth, '54, Special Color Ghidorah, and G2K Special Color), along with the effects set 2! They're beautiful figures, definitely top-shelf quality. Ghidorah's box was massive, I never would've guessed it was that big. I'm having a hard time deciding which is my favorite, but it's definitely Rebirth or '54. Rebirth is definitely the best looking figure but something about '54 is fun.
:gigan:

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

Alrighty finally got images of the guy to my computer.

G54:
Spoiler:
A mediocre attempt at recreation for fun:
Spoiler:
Aaaand the poor Shin Goji who's arm is stuck :lol:
Spoiler:

(I didnt try to get good lighting on him. The paint is nothing you guys haven't seen before. Chipped in some areas, nice in other areas, bad in other areas, etc. etc. Overall just eh. Could be waaaaay better.)

(It's really hard to see the white stress, and this isn't the greatest angle to see it, but trust me when I say that thing is ready to snap)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Godzilla 54. Look's great, moves great, can't wait to use him in a stopmotion.

Shin on the other hand needs work. Big time.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

NateZilla10000 wrote:Alrighty finally got images of the guy to my computer.

G54:
You got a better one, though he still has unpainted nails (Q/c issue) and I can still see how his back shoulders goes from light gray to medium gray.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

That's the best 54 that I've seen but the eyes are still notably off

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

SpaceG92 wrote: You got a better one, though he still has unpainted nails (Q/c issue) and I can still see how his back shoulders goes from light gray to medium gray.
I don't consider the unpainted nails a QC issue seeing how A) I literally havent seen any of the figures in all the images we have (reviews, photos, etc.) having painted ones other than the promotional figures. I think it's a design choice switch at this point, sort of like they did with SpaceG all those years back but on a much smaller scale; only effecting the figure's hand claws. and B) the suit itself was really hard to deduce if it had painted claws or not. Especially with the black and white going on. So, suit accurate? Maybe? Possibly? It's hard to tell.

But, to each's own. ;)

I will admit I didn't see the grey there, though. So I guess there is a QC issue after all. :lol:

I didnt mention it earlier, but I am also really digging his height in comparison to other Godzillas in the line. I like how he's shorter than rebirth/G14 and around the height of the G2000, if not a smidge taller. It feels right when looking at them together.

(not the best quality photo but the point gets across)

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

The googly eyes on my '54 don't seem that bad, but definitely not like on the promotional pictures. I do kind of like the uneven eyes, I got him into this hilarious pose where he kind of looks like an animal begging to be petted. Anyway, anyone know how to make G2K stand more upright, mine looks really hunched over, basically the torso is unmoved from how it comes in the box because I was scared I might break the spines.
:gigan:

Jeff Nesteruk
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff Nesteruk »

NateZilla10000 wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: You got a better one, though he still has unpainted nails (Q/c issue) and I can still see how his back shoulders goes from light gray to medium gray.
I don't consider the unpainted nails a QC issue seeing how A) I literally havent seen any of the figures in all the images we have (reviews, photos, etc.) having painted ones other than the promotional figures. I think it's a design choice switch at this point, sort of like they did with SpaceG all those years back but on a much smaller scale; only effecting the figure's hand claws. and B) the suit itself was really hard to deduce if it had painted claws or not. Especially with the black and white going on. So, suit accurate? Maybe? Possibly? It's hard to tell.
Pictures of G54 from the movie and the poster show that the nails share the same colour as the rest of the suit, so the unpainted nails are suit accurate I guess.
[quote="Smuggers"]Yeah, I can't wait for GOゴジラLA to come out.[/quote]

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

/sigh

Here we go again. Yes - let's all judge a dimly lit, black and white movie and try and justify Tamashii's down hill actions as intentional or "suit accurate"

Anyone else want to throw out "Poster Version G14 is okay because I don't expect my figures to always look like the promotion images" again? That would make my day :lol:

Lucky Dragon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lucky Dragon »

So uh, anyway.

I got Bio Goji, I really like him, and he's pretty! The light effects are how everyone explained 'em to be, but hey, its all good, worth the money to me. I do hope there's a 6 inch release tho, because his limited movement due to the lighting parts make me nervous.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Just ordered KKKG, he's really cheap on Amazon rn
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.