Monster Toy Spotlight #46 - Shin Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Monster Toy Spotlight #46 - Shin Godzilla

Post by Kaijunator »

I was chosen to do Monster Toy Spotlight #46! I decided to do the newest (and one of my favorite) incarcerations of the Monster King himself, Shin Godzilla!

The only figures I own of Shin are the X-Plus 25cm Ric and the MMS 4th form.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #46 - Shin Godzilla

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I've got the MMS figure :P
-asked for forms a and b for Christmas-
:gigan:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I didn't think the Xplus was available yet.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Only have the MMS as of now, but am waiting for the MKS version. Definitely buying the upcoming NECA, too.

G'16, bar some lackluster paint applications, is definitely one of the nicest MMS toys around; not shocking, seeing as they used digital files (much like NECA's G'14). Everything from his irregularly placed nails, to his meaty mouth, to the twisted skeletal tip of his tail - it's really amazing how much they could pack into one 6" vinyl toy. Even simply holding it, you can feel how intricate he is.

Compared to Bandai's previous MMS Godzilla (2014), he's a massive step up - and hell, even that figure had some really nice detail.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I didn't think the Xplus was available yet.
It's not. I've got the Ric on preorder from Flossie's.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

SEGA Premium Shin Godzilla.

Deep and detailed sculpt and with an impressively long tail. Pretty small but stacks up really well in my opinion. One of the most underrated releases this year imo.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I actually got one of these! :lol: Also have the SEGA premium Shin - a stunning figure. Intricate detail, solid paint, my only qualm is how much the teeth stand out. But at specific angles (particularly the front), and in the right lighting, it's the absolute spitting image of Shin. I'd always preferred the red vest MMS version of the figure just judging from images alone, but after getting this little guy as a gift, I've become a huge fan.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I loved the Shin Gojira design when it was revealed. I think I was one of those rare few who had no problems with it since its reveal. :lol: I love that they chose to update the creepy 1950s "puppet" look. That being said, I knew that I was going to want a figure of him when the products started to go on preorder. The Bandai has already been covered, but the vending machine figures from the Gashapon set were what really called to me. From that set, here is the tiny Shin Gojira in all of his glory:

Really awesome little sculpt.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

I think this spotlight will definitely pick up once the upcoming 25cm XPlus figure is released. In the meantime:

Bandai Movie Monster Series Shin Godzilla 2016 Form A and B Online review:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

KlenSeven
Interpol Agent

Post by KlenSeven »

This is a Godzilla Store exclusive
Resized Image

Here's the Banpresto lottery A figure
Resized Image

Here's another one of the Bandai High Grade
Resized Image

I have the other small banpresto lottery figure arriving soon

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

SH Monster Arts Shin-Godzilla (Fresh Vinyl):
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

All my Shins.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983